2008 honda fit crank no start. Please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 06:20 PM
2008 honda fit crank no start. Please help!!!

Hi, my gf put diesel gas in my car and now it wont start. I drained the fuel line, siphoned the diesel from the tank, cleaned the fuel rail and injectors, replaced the fuel pump and filter but it still wont start. Checked the fuses all are good. It'll crank but no start. Bought new battery and getting sufficient spark.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:36 AM
It's a pain. You really gotta make sure you cleared ALL the diesel out. After draining the tank and lines a flush might be needed to get the residual amounts out. Definitely gotta flush out the fuel rail and injectors. Sometimes the injectors can spray diesel out, other times not, so they may be plugged up. Verify your fuel pathways are clear.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:34 PM
All diesel have been purged out of the rail, lines, and tank. When i add a lil petrol where the injectors belong the car starts briefly then dies. So that leads me to believe the crank no start is due to fuel. Either injectors clogged, ecm not giving signal to injectors, fuel pressure not building up enough to shoot fuel thru, or some type of fuel shut-off (inertia switch). I search where the inertia switch would be located on my car and cant see any switch control module. What do you suggest it could be? Any help or tips would help before i call it quits n tow it to a mechanics who will charge $$$. Thanks guys this forum is awesome!

Old 04-24-2017, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Phillip S. Chrin
All diesel have been purged out of the rail, lines, and tank. When i add a lil petrol where the injectors belong the car starts briefly then dies. So that leads me to believe the crank no start is due to fuel. Either injectors clogged, ecm not giving signal to injectors, fuel pressure not building up enough to shoot fuel thru, or some type of fuel shut-off (inertia switch). I search where the inertia switch would be located on my car and cant see any switch control module. What do you suggest it could be? Any help or tips would help before i call it quits n tow it to a mechanics who will charge $$$. Thanks guys this forum is awesome!
also when i took all injectors to clean out, it was able to spray the solution out of the injectors but once i place it back on the rail doesnt seem like any fuel pushing out.

Old 04-25-2017, 09:49 PM
If nothing is plugged, one possibility is air trapped in the system is causing an issue. Verify where you are getting fuel to. Then try bleeding past that and working your way to the injectors. Also make sure everything electric is properly plugged in aND no fuses blown

Old 04-30-2017, 10:48 PM
Hi,

Thank Jack for all your advice. I disconnected the fuel line and turned the key to the on position and fuel would shoot out from the fuel line. I reconnected the fuel line and took off the fuel rail w/o injectors and turned the key to the on position and once again fuel would flow out. When I tried it with the injectors on, nothing would come out. So I figured it wasn't getting a signal to tell it to open so I took off the connectors and place a light bulb and cranked the car to see if it was getting signal and sure enough the light bulb would flash on and off. Then I tried having my gf crank the car while I applied an external power supply to the injectors and fuel would then spurt out.

Is something telling the ecu/pcm not to open the injectors for it could ruin the engine? Or is the computer bad all together? Could it be a sensor going bad from the diesel? Any insight would help. Thanks

Old 12-14-2019, 02:50 PM
hey Phillip, did you ever resolve your crank, no start? Your thread resembles mine, its title is below. Sounds like your injector pulse signal was not working. Perhaps this could have been related to the immobilizer, or more likely the ECU in its normal operation may disable the fuel injectors if the signal from the CKP and CMP (crank and cam position sensors) is not accurate. I think I may be dealing with the same thing, and am about to test by shooting some starter fluid into the intake. Did you ever attempt the starter fluid test? It would confirm that you have spark. I believe the car dsables the spark if the ECU does not detect the proper CKP/CMP signals.

Gen2 Honda Fit: Crank, No Start, No DTC, No MIL