Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Canada Fit Forums & Clubs (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/canada-fit-forums-clubs/)
-   -   Alberta fits! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/canada-fit-forums-clubs/88918-alberta-fits.html)

Josh Bautista 12-07-2015 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by spryter (Post 1328667)
I was just thinking, if you aren't dead set on OEM, weathertech part #82429 is a set of GD3 window visors. They sell them on weathertech.ca for $149.95.

Amazon.ca carries EBC brake parts! Going to upgrade to their rotors and pads this spring, so I think I found what I'm getting instead of my sway bar.

I would check that weathertech site.
I just did my brake job done last week.
I put ATE Drilled rotors and EBC red stuff in the front And I put wagner thermoquiet brake shoes and brake drums on the rear as well as new hardwares and caliper pins. I'm still breaking in the pads and rotors (bedding if that's what they call it) no brake dust and silent braking. Good enough for my daily driving.

spryter 12-07-2015 02:35 PM

I'm going to use the EBC USR850 rotors and greenstuff pads. A seriously cheap upgrade, and I'm curious to see if the EBC rotors are lighter than the stock ones. EBC quotes a weight of 5 lbs each.

jmsplitfyre 12-07-2015 07:04 PM

Damn.
These guys are already out of the visors. Sorry, Josh. :(
That's where I bought mine from. But I guess you are set on Mugen ones?

Honda 06-08 Fit Jazz Visor

Josh Bautista 12-07-2015 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre (Post 1328759)
Damn.
These guys are already out of the visors. Sorry, Josh. :(
That's where I bought mine from. But I guess you are set on Mugen ones?

Honda 06-08 Fit Jazz Visor

I will just get the weathertech ones.
I'm planning to cut my front springs a little bit to even the wheel gap on the front and rear. I have lifetime warranty on my KYB from partsource 😂

Josh Bautista 12-07-2015 08:29 PM

Does anybody here have aftermarket steerinh wheel on their fit? If so, what Boss Hub did they use? And also is the passenger airbags and curtains will still work? I don't mind not having an airbag on my seat but i want my passengers to be safe 😂

jmsplitfyre 12-07-2015 09:26 PM

I have an NRG hub and quick release, going to use a Works Bell U-turn harness to keep the other airbags functioning.

Just keep in mind that the Weathertech visors only go into the channels as opposed to the OEM/Mugen ones that are installed with 3M tape and clips.

Josh Bautista 12-07-2015 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre (Post 1328776)
I have an NRG hub and quick release, going to use a Works Bell U-turn harness to keep the other airbags functioning.

Just keep in mind that the Weathertech visors only go into the channels as opposed to the OEM/Mugen ones that are installed with 3M tape and clips.

where are you going to order the bell u-turn harness? can you post a link please?

i have an nrg quick release. but i might just use a generic boss hub kit that i used on my rsx before.

spryter 12-08-2015 12:54 AM

NRG is generic. I wouldn't be surprised if you replaced it with the same one with a different logo stamped/painted on it.

Back when I had my V6 Z24, I used a Grant hub. They don't list the Fit, but I know they have one that works. I want to say same as the older Civics, but I can't remember. They make OEM grade stuff and it doesn't cost as much as brands like Works Bell. Not knocking WB by any means, they make amazing quality parts. But you definitely pay for it.

connor55 12-09-2015 12:06 PM

That rain yesterday... My fit is now dark brown sigh.

jmsplitfyre 12-09-2015 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Bautista (Post 1328780)
where are you going to order the bell u-turn harness? can you post a link please?

i have an nrg quick release. but i might just use a generic boss hub kit that i used on my rsx before.

I was going to order through these guys, but I'm just going with a local shop to order together with my steering wheel.

Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: Works Bell U Turn Harness / Air Bag Light Fix (Male)

And Spryter is correct, NRG is already generic. My original plan was to go Works Bell everything, but then again the price is way too steep for a QR set-up. I'd rather put the money that I save for my Sparco seat and Wedge bracket.:nod:

GE8Girl 01-03-2016 01:20 PM

Happy new year guys and girls. Hope everyone had a good holiday!

connor55 01-03-2016 02:20 PM

Happy new year! Anybody have fit plans for 2016?

jmsplitfyre 01-03-2016 06:57 PM

Happy New Year!

My plans are to get a new set of wheels, wire up my gauges, and just drive the Fit for the rest of the summer.

spryter 01-03-2016 11:31 PM

Brakes, suspension, interior. More specifically:

Brakes:
EBC Rotors and pads

Suspension:
Spoon front sway bar
Progress rear sway bar
Cusco lower arm bar
Rigid collars

Interior:
Sparco R100 front seats
J's seat brackets
Momo Automatico leather shift knob
New steering wheel

Lord knows if I'll accomplish all that, but I'm going to try. Brakes are pretty much happening no matter what. Suspension is next. Starting with the lower arm bar because of money. Once the car is paid for, it will be easier to deal with.

connor55 01-04-2016 04:56 PM

Anyone recommend good cheap brake setups? Im either gunna replace the stock ones with new stocks, or get an upgrade. Either way my pads are low and i gotta do it soon.

Also broke the 100000km barrier!

My other plans this year are to repaint the hood and get it clear braed. And maybe considering a rear RS bumper with 4th taillight, but i gotta figure out the cost and if i wanna cut my rear bumper beam.

jmsplitfyre 01-04-2016 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by connor55 (Post 1331324)
Anyone recommend good cheap brake setups? Im either gunna replace the stock ones with new stocks, or get an upgrade. Either way my pads are low and i gotta do it soon.

Also broke the 100000km barrier!

My other plans this year are to repaint the hood and get it clear braed. And maybe considering a rear RS bumper with 4th taillight, but i gotta figure out the cost and if i wanna cut my rear bumper beam.

I'm using Stoptech crossdrilled rotors and Hawk pads (I forgot which ones). I think it cost me less than $200ish from Rockauto.com. Braking is improved from stock, so I can't complain. I was thinking of doing the rear disc conversion, but I'm not pushing that much hp so I don't really need the extra weight.

connor55 01-04-2016 06:58 PM

How hard is the install? Theyre asking me 250 for parts and labour including machining the rotors(which i dont even know is a good idea) this is for stock parts.

spryter 01-04-2016 10:00 PM

My EBC rotors were $160 on Amazon. Pads are $75. It's a decent upgrade. You could use Hawk HPS pads, too. I would generally go wither OEM or slotted for rotors. Cross drilled rotors can crack.

jmsplitfyre 01-04-2016 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by connor55 (Post 1331346)
How hard is the install? Theyre asking me 250 for parts and labour including machining the rotors(which i dont even know is a good idea) this is for stock parts.

I didn't even realize there are still shops that machine the rotors.

Sorry, I meant Power Stop for my rotors:
More Information for POWER STOP JBR522XPR

More Information for POWER STOP Z231394

Installation is easy as long as the retaining screw for the rotors aren't seized or stripped. Might be a good idea to buy new ones or put anti-seize on them upon re-install.

connor55 01-04-2016 11:33 PM

I think i might attempt diy in the future. Its too cold now and my remaining pad is too low to wait for spring. Would love better brakes though

Is machining bad for the rotor? Ive heard mixed things about doing that.