Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

AUGUST Fit Of The Month Contest!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
GPS unit!! Oh man, I was hoping for something like that!! sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet!!

When are the details going to be listed in the first post?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GDLover
Which reminds me, Plim: Aside from the nifty muffler, where's the belt under your username?
I get a belt?

Old 08-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Retired Moderator
Oh where it says "New Member" under your name, it will say "July Fit of the Month"...the coveted Belt

Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Dojo
Guys and Gals,
Just remember you have to enter to win the GPS unit!
Which GPS unit are we talkin about here? MB an in dash AVIC-D3 from Pioneer?

Old 08-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by Illusive
Which GPS unit are we talkin about here? MB an in dash AVIC-D3 from Pioneer?
Dude, you just shot down the prize!

It would be really cool if it is Pioneer's in-dash all-in-one unit.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:44 AM
Oh, man! Don't tell me I killed this thread.

How's everyone doing with their entries?

Me, I'm behind.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:20 AM
5 Year Member
im guessing everyone is working really hard on those entries since its pretty quiet in here

Old 08-21-2007, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
Oh where it says "New Member" under your name, it will say "July Fit of the Month"...the coveted Belt
Oh snap that'd be pretty cool... I hate that new member.

I try to post as much but I've been so busy...

Old 08-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Plim
Oh snap that'd be pretty cool... I hate that new member.

I try to post as much but I've been so busy...
LOL I can post whore for you and get your count up hahahaha...j/k!

And yeah, babiixgurl is right, it's pretty quiet in here...more jib jabbing about strategies than actual entries! I'll be nice and won't pull a Plim But I still gotta find time to do a nice write up! Hopefully I'll have some good pics on the weekend during the Cool Cars Cruise 4 Cancer here in Calgary

Old 08-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Nice, that will yeild some good photo's! Hmmm, maybe I need a page 17 added to my entry!

And yeah, babiixgurl is right, it's pretty quiet in here...more jib jabbing about strategies than actual entries! I'll be nice and won't pull a Plim But I still gotta find time to do a nice write up! Hopefully I'll have some good pics on the weekend during the Cool Cars Cruise 4 Cancer here in Calgary

Old 08-22-2007, 05:14 PM

I'm jealous. I wish I know people in my area to get to meet for these things.

Can't wait for those pics, Illusive. I've been so busy for the past two weeks. I may not be able to join this month. I can't use the same entry from last month. That's worse than Plimming.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:35 AM
07 honda fit, I dont want to put a body kit on it.I just want that jdm lip kit,way cleaner. sub's in the trunk comming soon,i just got an intake put on and waiting to hit about 2k b4 i do anything more under the hood,I'm thinking about a k-20 swap.if not now, i will for sure later! here's somepics. love this pic.a friend of mine takes some nice pic's this pic was taken at night with no lights pitch black outside. i hope the pic's show up this time. I would love to have my ride Fit Of The Month!!!!

Last edited by 07fitster; 08-24-2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: type-o lol
Old 08-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
BUMP!

Hey you guys are running out of time, get your entry's in!!

Any update on the August prize?

Old 08-28-2007, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
This is my X-STYLE FIT. Got it on this year as my birthday present for myself.My car before this, it's a prelude.I still really like it. Then i got a job that needs me drive 100 miles a day. So i decide to get another car which could save more gas and more comfortable when i driving. I am so happy that honda has FIT on the US in this year. I know FIT is my answer. X-STYLE is my CREW's name. All the CREW members are my best friend. from 1998 to 2003, then i came to the US. Now, my FIT named X-STYLE so we can get together again. This's my FIT STORY.

I don't really know cars when i bought my FIT. And then i started to learn whats going on in my car. What I did on my X-STYLE FIT? I installed the momo shift knob andleather boot. Then I did the intake. thats the hard part for me. Because i dont know what is what and what connect to what. First I spent an hour to take off the bumper and then spent another two hours to installed the intake. Final runs great. In this Wednesday I am going to Install the speaker and Amp. Later on will be more and more. I'm really happy to do all this stuffs not because it is my first new car. It's because I love my FIT, My X-STYLE FIT.

MODS on my FIT:
Python auto start
Tinted window
Greddy TiC exhaust
Injen cold air intake
Tein S tech spring
momo shift knob
momo leather boot
Infinity perfect speaker(installing this week)
Alpine F345 amp(installing this week too)
Enkei GTC 17*7 with yokohama tires( still working on it due to rubs)

something planing to get:
fiber hood
mugen window visor
mugen fiber grill
in dash LCD/GPS which can also play ipod video
sway bars

this is what i can think of right now.
I tried my best to write down what i want to say and what I'm thinking.

SORRY FOR ALL THE GRAMMAR MISTAKE.

THANK YOU FOR READING

Old 08-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Man I gotta hurry up wid My pics...Why isn't any1 entering this contest?

Old 08-28-2007, 09:16 PM
I guess no one wants the GPS unit? Lets get those entires in! We extended the submission deadline since the post for August was late.

D

Old 08-28-2007, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
I will be entering mine soon. I just dont want anyone coping my ideas i worked so hard on

Old 08-29-2007, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
I like your entry sugarphreak lol

Old 08-29-2007, 02:29 AM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
August Fit of the Month Contest

I’ve always drove Hondas in my life: a red ‘94 Civic hatch, red ’99 Civic coupe, and the red Fit. I’ve tuned each one of them to go faster and handle better than stock. However, I’ve never headed in the direction of In Car Electronics. I've installed LEDs but never installed a stereo, DVD, or navigation system. Now that I'm married and trying to focus on having a family, it makes it harder to afford this hobby.

Here is my Fit. Modifications include a straight pipe, K&N drop-in filter, Skunk 2 shift knob, Skunk 2 radiator cap and oil cap, T1R reservoir covers, painted rims and calipers, and interior cathode lights near foot area. However, the ICE still remains stock. If I could wish what my ICE would be it would be something like this...

I have a really active life. Some destinations include mounatin biking, looking for locations to shoot a movie, and snowboarding. The Fit's 200 watt stereo system is nice, but an upgraded system would definately help ease the long trips.

My wife didn't seem impressed when I modified the engine in my last Civic. Although, I bet she would have fun choosing her songs on the new DIN DVD. As a filmmaker, I would love to have one of these to play my movies for passengers.

My friends usually have a kickbutt sound system in their rides, and all I can do is wait until they want to race. Now I can have the best of both worlds with my sweet sound system. With the amount of room in the Fit I will be able to pack it with ICE and still utilize the cargo space. Enough talking let's party!

I have to admit, I can drive but I have the worst sense of direction. If my wife isn't with me to help me with my short term memory then I have to rely on my handheld GPS. I've tried so many ways to mount it to where I could see it, but it usually comes down to holding it to see the tiny screen. This is worse than driving a manual transmission while talking on the cell phone. A hands free navigation system with a colorful screen would be a lot safer and helpful when I'm by myself.

Of course with any car modification you should always have fun. Whether it's taking a corner with a better suspension, screeching the tires with turbo, or turning up the stereo system so loud that it would blow a girls top off!

Ah, I would have so much fun with my ICE. I plan to keep this car forever, so I have a lot of plans for the future. I'll end up spending my retirement money on modifying my Fit rather than buying a sports car. It's fun to dream, but due to penny pinching, my Fit's ICE remains...

Thanks Fitfreak.net for having this contest.

Last edited by pokems23; 08-30-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:37 AM
5 Year Member
Cool entries

Last edited by dank24; 08-30-2007 at 01:43 PM.

Quick Reply: AUGUST Fit Of The Month Contest!!