Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Florida Fit Owners' Club!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Florida Fit Club!

I posted this in the Florida Forums but thought I could maximize my viewing potential but posting here as well - my apologizes for double posting...

Hey guys:
I was thinking, fitfreak.net has been great since I got down here to meet fellow owners and learn alot about this car, and cars in general.
I was thinking, would there be enough interest from the central florida crowd in getting a club together?
There is already the monthly Lollicup meet near the florida mall in orlando that would be a good starting point, especially since it's relatively central.
It'd be great to just make one day out of each month to organize a meet, have some sort of cruise drive lined up, and aim for a destination - the lollicup meet or another event/show, or some hot spot for some food or something like that. Warmer months could have cruises out to a beach or something - picnics, bbq's the sky's the limit. Back home there were similar events like this throughout the summer for a variety of cars... once you get legit enough, people take you seriously and I'm sure there'd be other locales besides Lollicup that would be willing to host as a venue for a meet.
We could get decals even, if interest got sparked high enough - just have to think of a name... I used to be part of a ford explorer club, East Coast Xplorers, and I think it was a great way to bring together a number of people who wouldn't have otherwise crossed paths. Car ownership has a way of doing that sort of thing.
Central Florida Fit Owners (CFFO for short) maybe? I'm open to any suggestions...
If at least one person in the major areas of Central Florida (I'm no expert of regional breakdown so forgive me) like Daytona (I'm in!!) Orlando Area, and Tampa area, and whatever greater metro area falls in central florida who would be willing to help organize and orchestrate and do some promoting (I know not every fit owner is on the forums) then I think we'd be off to a great start.
I've been pretty successful with chartering groups in the past, especially in undergrad. I'd love to see something that can link up all the cent. florida owners and enthusiasts (if you just love fits, but don't own one, you should still join and come out to events)
We could eventually get a track day going a couple times a year, or organize a full on car show, have newsletters, all sorts of stuff.
The scion crowd does it, among other subcultures, so why not - fitfreak is a great platform to get something like this started... it'd be great to someday see a similar club in all the greater metro areas across the country. there's already enough ownership and enthusiasm of the car, now let's create a way to really show and express it!

I just think that this car is really making a name for itself in the b-segment that it's only a matter of time before this car just blows up in popularity (if it hasn't already) and it deserves this sort of attention just as much as any other popular car out there, old or new.

Anyway, that's all for now. With the new year approaching, I think January is as good a time as any to start this up.

I look forward to hearing from other FL fit owners about what they think about this...Hopefully find a few highly enthusiastic and equally motivated people who would like to see something like this as well to help me get the ball moving...

Last edited by sevenaprils; 01-01-2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Updating title/info
Old 12-18-2007, 05:10 PM
We over here in Melbourne always have something to do with cars. Every Thursday night we have a meet here at the shop then head over to another local car meet. We also try and setup ride outs to meets all over (shows,auto-x,track,etc)

Old 12-18-2007, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
Great this is a good start. I know you had a couple meets in the recent past on weekends... I didn't make it out to them as I was still recently relocated, and was trying to find work.
Any plans for weekend meets? I ask because as a student, weeknights aren't the most ideal time for me, and I know from the fit owners I've met, several are doing the school thing as well. But this is good. Another venue besides lollicup.
And sorry, I didn't mean to leave Melbourne and Panducky out, that's still Central FL right? Either way, you guys are definitely active in the community.
I'd ideally love to see a big Fit presence come next year's HIN Orlando, or even Miami. It'd be great to have gotten a steady group going by then and get in the show and have a spot all together. I don't know how that works or if it's possible, but it'd fun.
I for one won't be back in FL til Jan. 1st, but let me know if/when you guys plan another weekend event, and I'll be there, and with any luck some other fitfreaks in tow.
You've made the trip to Orlando several times now, it's time us Orlando/Daytona folks return the favor!
(As long as the weekend doesn't fall near midterms or finals! )

Old 12-18-2007, 07:09 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
i am so in but with this time of the year it really is worth waiting to pursue this until after the first of next year

my bid is on fit club of florida (FCF)
or florida fit owners (FFO)

Old 12-18-2007, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
absolutely agree. thought I'd plant the bug now... get the ideas floating around. good names...
maybe even a combo of the two: Florida Fit Club (FFC)
It'd be great if we could find a name that had an abbreviation that spelled something, ex. FIT could be Florida Import Tuners... too general for us, but you get the idea
FOF = Fits of Florida
FFE = Florida Fit Enthusiasts
FGS = Florida GD3 Squad (so ghetto ha)
FFOR = Florida Fit Owners' Republic (now I'm stretching...)
FEF= Fit Enthusiasts of Florida
SSF = Sunshine State Fits (borderline corny...)

I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead...
almost time to head out to Waterford Lakes

I think there'd be enough interest over time to make this a statewide thing, so I think thinking outside the Central Florida area is a good thing. No limits!
We've definitely got enough interest to charter this for sure, and I use the word charter loosely, since it's not like we need to be all formal for anyone/anything.
08 will be the Year of the FiT!

Old 12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
How about FFOAF? Florida Fit Owners Association of Florida

Old 12-18-2007, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
Nice - I'll wait and see what else comes up for ideas, then maybe post a poll to see which club name is most popular. so far great ideas, I think any of them word work out.
Then we can start thinking up/posting decal designs. I know since there are so many people from all over the state with fits on this forum it's hard to get everyone at one spot or event, but maybe at the very least the club can organize 1 meet a year that everyone, no matter where you are in FL, can make an attempt to get there. Just a matter of space and time.

Oh, a have a side abbreviation, to help protect the Fit:
FART = Fits Against Ricer Treatment

Old 12-18-2007, 08:23 PM
We should do it as Florida Fit Club (FFC)

Old 12-18-2007, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Nice, so that's 2 1/2 votes for FFC (I count gd3's as half since his suggestion was FCF, fit club of florida) mine, and yours...

f_2_f, I think I'm going to be heading out soon btw, it usually takes me about 35 minutes or so to get out to that meeting area. what time you guys getting there?

Old 12-19-2007, 01:46 AM
im gonna be in the melbourne area for a few days this coming weekend. anything happening this weekend? im not trying to join the club seeing im from NC but i figured with all you guys talking on one thread i would jump in and see what is out there. if something works out that would be sweet but if not i go to the melbourne area every couple months so maybe next time. sorry not tryin to jack the thread just seeing what you guys have going on down there.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
im gonna be in the melbourne area for a few days this coming weekend. anything happening this weekend? im not trying to join the club seeing im from NC but i figured with all you guys talking on one thread i would jump in and see what is out there. if something works out that would be sweet but if not i go to the melbourne area every couple months so maybe next time. sorry not tryin to jack the thread just seeing what you guys have going on down there.

As far as I know personally, there's nothing - unless the Panducky guys have something planned, but I haven't heard anything.
Keep an eye on the florida forums the next time your down here - there is a meet in Orlando (not sure exactly how far it'd be or out of the way for you based on what you do in melbourne, but it's an option) once a month at Lollicup, a bubble tea place near The Florida Mall.
If we get something organized and the club gets off the ground, then first thing I'll do is get an email list going, that I can send updates and notifications to everyone when events are coming up. I'll be sure to add you.
Just because you don't live in Florida doesn't mean you can get in on the fun if your in the right place and the right time!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by sevenaprils
As far as I know personally, there's nothing - unless the Panducky guys have something planned, but I haven't heard anything.
Keep an eye on the florida forums the next time your down here - there is a meet in Orlando (not sure exactly how far it'd be or out of the way for you based on what you do in melbourne, but it's an option) once a month at Lollicup, a bubble tea place near The Florida Mall.
If we get something organized and the club gets off the ground, then first thing I'll do is get an email list going, that I can send updates and notifications to everyone when events are coming up. I'll be sure to add you.
Just because you don't live in Florida doesn't mean you can get in on the fun if your in the right place and the right time!!!
sounds good. i think orlando is like an hour and some change but im not sure. its around 12 to melbourne from here in NC so anouther hour to the trip isnt a big deal. haha. thanks for all the info. i will try to get up with the panducky boys and see if they have anything goin down otherwise i will try to meet up with everyone a little later. i know you guys down there are notorious for picture meets so thats one of the main reasons im trying to see whats up and there is alot more of you guys down there then there are up here. keep me posted.
Joshua

Old 12-20-2007, 12:36 PM
man even though i don't have a fit, i told fit_2_fcuk this long time ago. i told you hieu! LOL . im not going to lie, there isn't that many fits in Orlando so you probably want to broaden it to the entire florida area or central florida so that puts daytona and melbourne in the picture lol.. judging by the meet turnout, there was only like 10, so probably be best to make it all over florida.

the name could be something like....Fits Of Central Florida (FOCF) or if u want to make it a state group.....Fits of Florida Club (FOFC)

Old 12-31-2007, 04:07 PM
I agree with fit_2_fcuk... Florida Fit Club (FFC)!

Old 12-31-2007, 04:31 PM
5 Year Member
I had a few owners in cocoa beach and orlando ask me about fitfreak b/c of my decal. Sent them all here.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
I'm down...(Deltona, FL)

Old 01-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm up for joining!

Old 01-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Stupid Fits! Theres too many.
All these abbreviations remind me of high school. We had the FFA, Future Farmers of America.

I like FFC also. Maybe have an outline of a Fit with the letters in the middle?

Old 01-01-2008, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
I'm waiting for my flight back from New England currently and once I get back into Port Orange I'll start working on some graphics for a logo and such. Since FFC seems to be the popular vote I'll work with that. Ray, I was also thinking of something along the lines of an outline or silhouette with the Letters superimposed or inside it. Great minds think alike, right??
When I get some graphics together, I'll post them, anyone else who's savvy with design can do so also, and we'll take it from there.
If anyone has any hookups or contacts in the graphics/vinyl world, that'd be great too!

Also, as a group, I think having a pre-meet and then cruise to the lollicup events might be great start for us central florida fitters.
Similarly, if other fit owners in other regions of the state can organize meets like that, then that's a great start too - and we can have some kind of annual mega meet, or maybe a few big meets for fits from all regions - maybe hosted by one of the subgroups each time from the different regions.

Just brainstorming ideas to bring things together!

I'm still getting the hang of things on the forum, but maybe the Mods here can sticky this in the Florida Community subforum, so any new members will easily stumble upon this - I'll also add tags to include all of the florida.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:19 AM
I am down to be part of the FFC. I also know some one that knows how to do vinyls for signs and everything. If I can get the graphics when you are done I can see how many he can make and how much the price would be. I work with him so I can convince him to give a discount.

Originally Posted by sevenaprils
I'm waiting for my flight back from New England currently and once I get back into Port Orange I'll start working on some graphics for a logo and such. Since FFC seems to be the popular vote I'll work with that. Ray, I was also thinking of something along the lines of an outline or silhouette with the Letters superimposed or inside it. Great minds think alike, right??
When I get some graphics together, I'll post them, anyone else who's savvy with design can do so also, and we'll take it from there.
If anyone has any hookups or contacts in the graphics/vinyl world, that'd be great too!

Also, as a group, I think having a pre-meet and then cruise to the lollicup events might be great start for us central florida fitters.
Similarly, if other fit owners in other regions of the state can organize meets like that, then that's a great start too - and we can have some kind of annual mega meet, or maybe a few big meets for fits from all regions - maybe hosted by one of the subgroups each time from the different regions.

Just brainstorming ideas to bring things together!

I'm still getting the hang of things on the forum, but maybe the Mods here can sticky this in the Florida Community subforum, so any new members will easily stumble upon this - I'll also add tags to include all of the florida.

Quick Reply: Florida Fit Owners' Club!?