Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

MFactory looking for LSD testers

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 02:49 PM
MFactory looking for LSD testers

Post approved by ChrisG
=====================

Hello All!

Patrick here, on behalf of MFactory. We've recently produced a prototype LSD for the Fit and we're looking for anybody who would be interested in testing it!

The LSD is gear based like the factory helical units found in the Integra and Civic Type-Rs so it will not require any special fluids, additives or rebuilds.

Our hope is to find somebody who will take their Fit to track days, such as HPDE, autocross and perhaps even some drag racing. It would be nice if your car had some basic modifications such as I/H/E and if it has a Turbo or supercharger that would definitely be an added bonus!

What we're hoping to find is somebody who drives the car on a daily basis and then races/competes with it on the weekends!

Additionally, we have also developed final drives and a close gear set. If you guys would like to see any specific parts produced, please be sure to let us know as well.

Please post any comments, questions and interest in participating in our testing program! Here's some more details on our LSD:

Gain a prominent advantage over the competition with the MFactory Helical LSD.

Through the smooth and constant distribution of power to the wheels, the MFactory Helical LSD puts the power-to-the-ground and maximises your vehicle's traction. A must for any FWD race car, be it Street, Strip or Track!

- Made from 100% Pure Australian Steel, NOT cheap Chinese Steel
- Precision-machined from High-Tensile Forged Chromoly Steel for increased strength and durability
- Only the highest quality Brighton-Best Forged Hardware is used
- Maintenance-free Gears eliminates the need for special fluids & rebuilds associated with plate-type LSDs
- Lock-free operation ensures no adverse affect to steering response

Last edited by RagingAngel; 09-18-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:53 PM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
your product looks very interesting.

where is your shop located?

-Ricky

Old 09-18-2008, 03:08 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
PMed.

I/H/E/SC

Old 09-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
ohhhh i can't wait!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Ill let Josh know about this. His car sees the 1/4 mile and does AutoX.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
PMed

turbo full suspension
fastest drag fit on FF with L15 i think

Old 09-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the interest so far!

I'll have somebody post up further details or contact you individually shortly!

Our workshop just to let you guys know is located in Bellingham WA.

Cheers!

Old 09-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Hey Guys,

just want to say thank you for all the interest we've received so far on our new Forged Helical LSD for the FIT

Just to clear up some questions that we've received via PM:

- "Does it have adjustable pre-load?": It does not offer this out of the box, no.

- "Who is your company?": Although we are not so well known in the FIT community (yet!), we have been around for quite some time now in the general Honda/Acura community and are one of North America's leading aftermarket transmission component manufacturers for the Sport Compact. Futher details on our company can be found on our website

- "What materials/hardware do you use?": Patrick has updated his initial post with the full details/specs of the LSD. Unlike OBX (who we have been compared to, sadly), we did not take the Quaife, send it to a factory in China and have them make 100 bad quality replicas. The Quaife is an out-of-date design, and would be counter productive for us to copy.

We took the base Torque Biasing mechanics and re-designed our LSD in-house and is superior to both the Quaife & OBX in Strength (how much load it can handle), Weight (lighter drivetrain mass) and Efficiency (tooth profile plays an important role). We only use the best forged hardware for our product(s).

- "Do you offer a lifetime warranty?": Well, the simple answer is, I don't want to lie to you. We all know what it's like trying to make a so-called warranty claim and I'm sure a lot of you have been disappointed before, even with the big-name brands/distributors (not naming anyone in particular)

We offer you our products with no strings attached. What this means is, if there is any sort of manufacturers defect or fault, the renowned MFactory Customer Service will always shine through. That is the promise we make to you, the racer, with all our products and have always upheld to this date.

Provided there is no fault with your newly purchased LSD and it is installed correctly, the chances of it failing are very slim. Your other transmission components are far more likely to fail before the LSD will (and this applies to most Helical LSD's on the market, not just ours).

- "Why are you located in Hong Kong?": We are an international company, with offices in Europe, Asia and Australia. Our HQ & Workshop though is in USA (Bellingham, WA).

If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to post in this thread, or send either Patrick or myself a PM

Old 09-19-2008, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
BUMP for Mfactory and their products!! i've been running their magnetic oil plug for 5 years now. LOVE IT!! Strongest plug compared to any other companies. I also had their oil cooler setup and sold it to a guy that is running it on their turbo civic. I also bought the techone HID kits from them when they were distributors. Still running strong!!

Old 09-19-2008, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
Damn, I wish u guys posted this a few weeks back. OHH well, congrats to who ever the guinea pigs turns out to be.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:12 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Im still interested! i WILL PM again

Old 09-20-2008, 07:54 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
PMed. very interested. I think im the closest.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:56 PM
lsd testers huh? i thought this was something else for a second

Old 09-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
well i have PM 2 times now and still nothing,

Our hope is to find somebody who will take their Fit to track days, such as HPDE, autocross and perhaps even some drag racing. It would be nice if your car had some basic modifications such as I/H/E and if it has a Turbo or supercharger that would definitely be an added bonus!

that statement is me and my car 100%

Old 09-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Hey guys,

we wish to thank everyone who has pm'd us regarding becoming a tester for our range of FIT products (not just our LSD).

we are currently discussing over the various cars we have to choose from and will inform everyone of the outcome later today

once again, thanks for the warm welcome and interest in our product(s)

Old 09-21-2008, 10:28 AM
5 Year Member
ill be waiting in suspense....

Old 09-21-2008, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
I wonder who it'll be....

Old 09-22-2008, 12:26 AM
After looking through all the PM's we have received, one of them stood out the most. With his long record of "product testing", we are happy to have JDMchris.com onboard as the new "MFactory FIT Test-mobile"

Old 09-22-2008, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats Chris!

Old 09-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Luvs Dah b00st!
Originally Posted by MFactory
After looking through all the PM's we have received, one of them stood out the most. With his long record of "product testing", we are happy to have JDMchris.com onboard as the new "MFactory FIT Test-mobile"

lol i knew that was gonna happen, what was the point of making this whole post anyways (free product placement) chris pre approved this post so obviously you had all talked previously. he doesent even race his show car. i love how this forum operates sometimes.......

Quick Reply: MFactory looking for LSD testers