Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

Charlotte, NC meet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Charlotte, NC meet?

Looking for fellow fit freaks to get together for a meet. anyone in the area interested?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Carolina Community is fairly small, but I'm an hour away.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:33 AM
i might be down...what dates were you thinking?

Old 07-27-2009, 01:54 PM
5 Year Member
Im down, bout 45 min. north of charlotte

Old 07-27-2009, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Can't commit to anything right now, but really interested depending on the date(s).

Old 07-27-2009, 07:16 PM
I havent thought of a date yet. I kinda would like to set something up with my dealership and maybe get something going at lowe's motor speedway. I have not done something like this before so any tips, ideas or suggestions would be great. I eventually would like to find a way to make it a monthly thing with maybe some sort of spec auto-x thing going or something fun like that.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
Well if you wanna do something on a larger scale you might wanna think of making it a full on Honda meet. I don't think there are enough Fits in the area for anything large scale.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:31 AM
not a bad idea about making it a honda deal and not just fits. im going to go up to lowes and talk to there security department and see if we can use a lot and just to a small meet to gauge intrest

Old 07-29-2009, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
i'm down for a all honda meet...as long as the typical honda douchiness that usually accompanies those meets is left out.

dave, hendrick honda has a pretty big meet every so often...maybe you could talk to the dealer and see what they say? usually meets at the dealer are pretty amicable.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
i'm down for a all honda meet...as long as the typical honda douchiness that usually accompanies those meets is left out.

dave, hendrick honda has a pretty big meet every so often...maybe you could talk to the dealer and see what they say? usually meets at the dealer are pretty amicable.
yea the turnout is usually good and the crowd is as well. The last one I went to didn't have any problems with ricers doin stupid sh!t

Old 07-29-2009, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by unFITone
yea the turnout is usually good and the crowd is as well. The last one I went to didn't have any problems with ricers doin stupid sh!t
totally agreed! there are some really cool honda guys out there, but the scene is dominated sometimes by less than stellar folks.

it would actually be nice to put some faces to usernames as well.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
There are actually talks on Honda Tech right now trying to set up another Hendrick Honda Meet.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:53 PM
I am in WV but still have a house for sale in Charlotte....pick a date and I may be there......anyone need a house????

Old 07-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Van
I am in WV but still have a house for sale in Charlotte....pick a date and I may be there......anyone need a house????
yeah I do but need a loan too. What part of town is it in?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by unFITone
There are actually talks on Honda Tech right now trying to set up another Hendrick Honda Meet.
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2604185

Link to said thread. Please reply in it with interest! The meet depends on how many people post in it.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:27 PM
thats cool, just not sure if i want to walk into enemy territory. im a sales consultant at honda of concord thats why im looking to do something with and around my dealership. plus im leaning towards just having a fit meet.

Last edited by Egon84; 07-30-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:49 PM
just an update still working on making plans waiting to hear from LMS staff

Old 08-04-2009, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Egon84
Looking for fellow fit freaks to get together for a meet. anyone in the area interested?

There are a lot of Fits in the Carolinas and last time Rick Hendricks Honda dealership in Charlotte hosted the event very well I am told. I suggest you ask him about another. if memory serves, honda of Concord is one of his dealerships. And just down the road from Charlotte motor Speedway ( Lowes apparently giving up naming rights).
in any case, keep us posted.

Another potential is the Honda dealer in Danville, VA, who seems to be a gung-ho dealer as well.

Last edited by mahout; 08-04-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout
There are a lot of Fits in the Carolinas and last time Rick Hendricks Honda dealership in Charlotte hosted the event very well I am told. I suggest you ask him about another. if memory serves, honda of Concord is one of his dealerships. And just down the road from Charlotte motor Speedway ( Lowes apparently giving up naming rights).

Another potential is the Honda dealer in Danville, VA, who seems to be a gung-ho dealer as well.
Hendricks had a good meet last time, but Egon84 doesn't wanna plan a meet at another dealership since he works at one.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mahout

it did go very well, i snapped some pics.

it went well in the sence that there were nice cars...and folks were generally nice.

Quick Reply: Charlotte, NC meet?