Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

First time at Batangas Racing Circuit, 02282010

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
First time at Batangas Racing Circuit, 02282010

Batangas Racing Circuit
02/28/2010
GD1 Honda Jazz 1.3S

Aibo's still pretty much stock. All I changed were the Tanabe brake pads.

Photos courtesy of Spoon769, Hazardboy and Eurovtec3 of Honda Club Philippines.

Name:  _DSC0181.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  57.1 KB
Name:  018.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  44.1 KB
Name:  004.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  43.9 KB
Name:  _MG_9191.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  37.5 KB
Name:  _MG_9202.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  35.6 KB

Here's a practice video courtesy of Paolo Duran.
A shame the clip ended just when I was putting in a hot lap.
Personal best laptime was a 2:20.8.

YouTube - GD1 Honda Jazz 1.3S afternoon practice at BRC

My instructor took my car afterwards, and put in consistent 2:17s with super late braking. After boiling my brake fluid, his best was a 2:17.21 laptime.

Last edited by Type 100; 03-04-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Dang...can not wait to take mine out to a full-track event. Look froward to more of your events

Old 03-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Where in the Batangas is this? My parents are from Cuenca

Old 03-04-2010, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mikejet
Where in the Batangas is this? My parents are from Cuenca
It is in Rosario, Batangas, in between Lipa City and Batangas City. It is near Cuenca.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by backwoods
Dang...can not wait to take mine out to a full-track event. Look froward to more of your events
You should, especially before you change anything on the car.

I'll see what other events I can join in the future, but right now Aibo needs a rest. He has underchassis parts that are just about to kick the bucket.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
Nice pictures pare! Filipino motorsports represent!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
It does look like your first time in BRC. Though there is the new Clark track it was more designed for Karting and since the Subic Track is "rumored" to be closing down the newbies are trying out the only real racing track in the Philippines.Mikejet, i can give you detailed directions to Batangas Racing Circuit.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Hey wasssup wasssup! Glad to see more newbies going to the track.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up 5,4,3,2,1, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>go!

It looks like Aibo is about to take off!! You say slow, but he looks Fast!!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Looking good, hope to get out on a circuit soon, unfortunately, but I guess a good thing, you have to have a suit to put in quick times. I drove around Suzuka for 2 laps with a top speed of 100km/h give or take, but it was a full course yellow and just processional to allow Honda fans a chance to drive around it. Just has made me itch more for some circuit running. Karting is a lot of fun, but I want more than that.

My past 2 cars were very much made for the circuit, but where I lived I never had a chance to get them on a circuit as there weren't any so was relegated to gymkhana, touge and auto-x. No more excuses now as I have quite a few circuits just a few hours drive from me in all directions.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Looking good, hope to get out on a circuit soon, unfortunately, but I guess a good thing, you have to have a suit to put in quick times. I drove around Suzuka for 2 laps with a top speed of 100km/h give or take, but it was a full course yellow and just processional to allow Honda fans a chance to drive around it. Just has made me itch more for some circuit running. Karting is a lot of fun, but I want more than that.

My past 2 cars were very much made for the circuit, but where I lived I never had a chance to get them on a circuit as there weren't any so was relegated to gymkhana, touge and auto-x. No more excuses now as I have quite a few circuits just a few hours drive from me in all directions.
You're lucky. I'd love to go to Tsukuba, Fuji, Suzuka, etc...

Old 03-04-2010, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
No doubt I am. Very fortunate to be where I am at this time. So I do not want to miss chances.

Gomen Type 100, don't want to take away from your thread further. Just good to see somebody actually beating on their car versus setting it up for others to say oohhhh and aahhhhh with the show (queen) scene.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
It looks like Aibo is about to take off!! You say slow, but he looks Fast!!
Hahaha Aibo IS slow, there's no getting around that. Got passed by the red "box-type" Mitsubishi Lancer on the photos.

Hahaha I'm pretty hopeless at karting because I can't left-foot-brake. Fun though...but you gotta be pretty fit for it yeah. I can't stand more than 20 minutes driving one because my arms are too tired from non-assisted steering. I'm a weenie.
Post photos when you get your GE on track!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Karting is definitely tiring and beats you up. When I went over to Suzuka for the fan day, I did 4 10 minutes sessions, 3 of them were back to back to back. My lower back felt it from bouncing around in the seat and my hands were numb. Still though, I got off with a huge smile on my face, but disappointed that I was still 3.5 seconds away from the best time ever. Started off 4.7 seconds away and just couldn't get any lower, but was very consistent. Just have to go back and learn the lines better.

I'll most likely be putting up in-car vids of any runs I get to do, unless wifey will go with me and take shots from trackside.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:25 PM
5 Year Member
I'll most likely be putting up in-car vids of any runs I get to do, unless wifey will go with me and take shots from trackside.
Oh yeah in-car video is definitely a huge asset. So far I've had to rely on my girlfriend's brother and his cellphone...and I know from experience how hard it is filming someone make a hot lap.

I'll be looking at investing in a GoPro or Contour HD camera. A shame they don't really sell 'em here though.

I remember my last trackday in Subic had a Subaru Impreza STi festooned with at least four GoPros. The driver had enough cameras and footage to make a local version of "Best Motoring"!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Pure awesome!!!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Type 100
Oh yeah in-car video is definitely a huge asset. So far I've had to rely on my girlfriend's brother and his cellphone...and I know from experience how hard it is filming someone make a hot lap.

I'll be looking at investing in a GoPro or Contour HD camera. A shame they don't really sell 'em here though.

I remember my last trackday in Subic had a Subaru Impreza STi festooned with at least four GoPros. The driver had enough cameras and footage to make a local version of "Best Motoring"!
You should definitely look into the GoPro HD Motorsports Hero camera.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member
No doubt I am. Very fortunate to be where I am at this time. So I do not want to miss chances.

Gomen Type 100, don't want to take away from your thread further. Just good to see somebody actually beating on their car versus setting it up for others to say oohhhh and aahhhhh with the show (queen) scene.
Hahaha first time I noticed this post. I'd love to be in your position! Personally I've got an affection for Tsukuba, Suzuka and Twin Ring Motegi's full road course.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member
Tsukuba would be a blast, it's small and somewhat technical. Really though being on Suzuka for those 2 slow laps, I could see why most drivers praise it as being one of the best tracks of all time. I so wanted to attack the esses with all the Fit could muster, but it wasn't to be. Motegi, I am definitely hitting that up, might go up for the MotoGP race in April, mostly though to be able to see Honda Hall. It has been a dream of mine to go since it opened and now I am only about 4 hours away. The road course is definitely not as good as Suzuka in terms of technical prowess, but it still looks like it would be a fun circuit to run on. Fuji is a little over an hour away, but really that circuit is for high powered vehicles with that massive front straight. The Mickey Mouse gimmicks done by Hermann Tilke on the backside of the track are not really fluid with the nature of the track at all either. Still though I hope to at least get on it once.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
Fuji East course is a dream for me, and of course Tsukuba

Quick Reply: First time at Batangas Racing Circuit, 02282010