Car Shows, Events, and Racing Announcements, discussions, news reports, and pictures for Car Shows, Race Events, Media Events, and Group Drive Events. Please post Event Location in the Thread Title since this is an International Forum!

autox in the SouthEast

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
autox in the SouthEast

If you're in the southeast come autox with us on Father's day (or check our schedule for upcoming races.) We have a nice concrete site with plenty of open concrete paddock area. I WANT FITS TO RACE AGAINST! Usually around 6 runs with fun runs after. Located in Moultrie, GA.

Dixie Region SCCA

Old 06-26-2012, 11:15 PM
I recognize your car from the Dixie National Tour. I got smoked in STR in my brothers S2k! The nut behind the wheel needs more tightening and less cones! I've got an '08 sport we will be running at the Orange County Convention Center in Olrando while the S2k is in the shop. The Matrin Sports Car Club is running Saturday and the Central FL region SCCA is running Sunday.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm trying to pick up a RSB and a set of wheels/tires for running RTF-HS before then

Old 06-26-2012, 11:19 PM
There's a guy in Jacksonville with a white Fit prepped for STF that is pretty quick. I've seen him at Daytona a couple of times. Is he on this forum?

Old 06-27-2012, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AutoXsquid
There's a guy in Jacksonville with a white Fit prepped for STF that is pretty quick. I've seen him at Daytona a couple of times. Is he on this forum?
White STF Fit, checkin' in

Old 06-27-2012, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member
Cool, BOM, this saves me from messaging you. I was thinking about going to Jax to run w/you again, but I saw you're closed fit the next couple of months. We're on the concrete in Moultrie,GA now. Why don't you come visit. Next autox is July 8th.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member
I recognize your car from the Dixie National Tour. I got smoked in STR in my brothers S2k! The nut behind the wheel needs more tightening and less cones! I've got an '08 sport we will be running at the Orange County Convention Center in Olrando while the S2k is in the shop. The Matrin Sports Car Club is running Saturday and the Central FL region SCCA is running Sunday.
Tempting. Orlando is a little far for a day trip.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member
Btw, July 8th's event is in conjunction with a free course design school on Sat. RSVP Arty at: me@artyg.com

Old 06-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by unfit2compete
Cool, BOM, this saves me from messaging you. I was thinking about going to Jax to run w/you again, but I saw you're closed fit the next couple of months. We're on the concrete in Moultrie,GA now. Why don't you come visit. Next autox is July 8th.
Thanks for the invite but with an event the same weekend less than 15 minutes from my front door I'll have to pass. Maybe when Whitehouse opens up again we can plan to meet there.

Do you guys do Saturday practice and points event Sunday? I could see making a weekend out of a trip to GA for 2 days of racing.

Oh and the concrete is probably the biggest problem with your tire wear. I know some BS guys in s2k's that will cord a set of new Hoosiers on concrete in 1 ProSolo event.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
I'm trying to pick up a RSB and a set of wheels/tires for running RTF-HS before then
I thought Stock rules allowed front sway bar changes only? I've been out of autox for awhile so maybe they changed the rules?

Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 AM
New rule is either front OR rear but not both.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member
Yup, just looked up the rules, wish that had been the rule when I was running in GS with my CRX si...

Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member
Dont mean to hijack the thread. But I have questions about all of the "new" ST* classes. The Fit is listed as STF. If you add an LSD, does that take you to STX like it used to, or straight to an SP class? I heard they restructured a lot of classes, and I thought I had a grip on what they had done, but hadn't actually looked at a rule book in a few years. Thanks for any info and sorry for the thread jack.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Yeah it is long overdue as well as the road-tire indexed classes for those who want to stay stock and don't want to drop a grand on Hoosiers

Old 06-27-2012, 11:05 AM
The STF class has the same rules as the old ST class. They just split it into STC for the guys with the '89-90 civics that dominated ST, and STF which is geared toward the newer cars like the Fit, Mazda 2, Mini, and Yaris.

I'm not familiar with the rules enough to know about adding an LSD but I know they can be swapped if factory equipped.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by unfit2compete
I just might head up there with the slicks. My RS-3s are done for, and i'm waiting till the last possible minute to order tires for National Championships. I wouldn't mind the trip

Old 06-28-2012, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by The BOM
I just might head up there with the slicks. My RS-3s are done for, and i'm waiting till the last possible minute to order tires for National Championships. I wouldn't mind the trip
Colour me excited.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
The STF class has the same rules as the old ST class. They just split it into STC for the guys with the '89-90 civics that dominated ST, and STF which is geared toward the newer cars like the Fit, Mazda 2, Mini, and Yaris.
and the heavier cars like the Mazda 3 and Scion tC. Of which I just sold my awesome tC.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member

2012 Dixie Solo Event #6
Sunday, July 8, 2012
Spence Field, Moultrie, GA

Register Online at MotorsportReg:
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/e....1CBC0C30A971D86

More info on Dixie Region SCCA
http://dixiescca.com/

Old 06-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Just make sure you get them before they run out of inventory. We almost missed out on getting the RS-3s for our STR car before Dixie because EVERYONE waited until a month before the event to order them.

Quick Reply: autox in the SouthEast