Conversation Between vtecfit1 and ciburri
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. ciburri
    12-24-2008 08:40 PM - permalink
    NICE! I am turbocharging virgin! My direction up to now was NA with 6lb. Fidnaza flywheel, high flow 2.5in exhaust with ceramic coated DC Sports headers, ignition, maxed our suspension,.... Yeah, my buddy Goran with highly modified WRX is talking about progressive manual boost controller too for my CRX since it is a FF after all. Man those numbers are impressive. I like the idea of staying with D16 since parts and even entire engines are cheap not to mention staying away from mainstream. No messing around with swap complexity! Boosted D16 makes plenty of power (for now!) for my intentions. Goran has ton of turbos and various parts from his WRX experiments to donate. I prefer zero lag vs. ton of power. Responsivnes is the key for my canyon runs and pleasures. I am sure I will switch to max power once I become regular at Infineon Raceway and Laguna Seca. Thunderhill Raceway is "close by" too. I am planing on full cage and striping as much weight as possible. Lexan windows and all. It will have to be as cheap as possible since money is going to be hard to justify spending on it next to my baby Lara. Have you gone with 93+ radiator on your CRX? It is half width of CRX's and gives more room for turbo and manifold fitment. Have you gone with a "kit" or did you piece it together. Some ebay offerings look very good for the money.
    Man, any direction from experienced individual who already dealt with it is a huge help! I can't afford to waste little money I will manage to squize for it.
    Definitely, we will be in touch!
    Ivan
  2. vtecfit1
    12-23-2008 04:57 AM - permalink
    yes it's a d16z6 with a t3/t4e turbo setup, i am tuned on e85ethanol and at 17psi put 324hp to the ground, i've never tracked it, but intend on doing so this year
    last year some friends from montana trailered their cars down (90 CRX dx b16 jackso supercharged, 92 stock NSX with brake/tire/clutch upgrades) to UTAH to race in the redline time attack event at millermotorsportspark event and i was ready to race, i had paid the 400 dollar entrance fee and the day before the event had an unfourtunate event where i over boosted it (past 30psi) and sunk a sleeve (darton) it seemed at the TIME to run ok if i didn't boost it and so i took it to the track in hopes to get a pic in a magazine (no luck, just found a couple pics on the internet)
    i'll be putting a stock block (d16z6 only) back in it with my current internals (crower rods, je pistons, arp rod bolts) and my tuner (courtney green) says i can run even more boost if i buck up and get a better flowing manifold and bigger injectors (660's now) so my plans ar to do that and get a 3 stage manual boost controller and turn it up to around 25psi in third gear and possibly 30psi in fourth and fifth on those long straightaways at the track, ofcoarse i'll be upgrading the brakes to a big brake kit from ksport or brembo (i love brembo) in spring, KEEP IN TOUCH
    Steve
  3. ciburri
    12-21-2008 12:18 AM - permalink
    Is that D16 with a turbo kit?! More info please! Pics too! That is the route I intend to go!