Conversation Between Java^FiT and feichai
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Java^FiT
    08-12-2011 12:55 AM - permalink
    yeah, the halogen output is going to look weird, its just because of the xenon bulb being in the way and what not. Its normal for the type of bulb setup, just not "normal" for what we're used to. when my brights go on it almost looks like a pair of boobs on my garage door haha...its basically useless, but i keep my drl's for insurance and safety.
  2. feichai
    08-11-2011 11:50 PM - permalink
    i've tried both styles, and seems like in is the right way, when out for some reason light doesn't bounce right inside the headlight, so it looks weird. i asked the company i bought them from, and they simply answered with "it will only fit one way", lol so i gave up trying to pursue asking as they obviously had no idea what i was trying to ask.
  3. Java^FiT
    08-11-2011 10:39 PM - permalink
    mine are in, towards the engine...to be honest i really don't recall if there was a L & R marked bulb...is there?
  4. feichai
    08-11-2011 08:35 PM - permalink
    yeah, i mean i'm not too worried about the halogens not being brighter or anything, lol, it's more for drl purposes, just making sure i have the right stuff installed. since the halogens are on the side, do you have yours pointed outward of the car or inward?
  5. Java^FiT
    08-11-2011 08:10 PM - permalink
    the high beams definitely should still point higher but yes the HIDs will more than likely be brighter haha but thats what you bought them for. Make sure you aim your lights so you dont blind oncoming drivers with your new wayy brighter lights. My halogen filaments are on the sides, thats how it should be.
  6. feichai
    08-11-2011 07:49 PM - permalink
    hey dude, out of curiosity, i installed my hi/lo hid bulbs (high halogen, hid low), but when i turn the high beams it seems like the lows are way brighter and point higher. also the halogen bulbs are on the side when installed...is that right? or should they be facing upwards?