1.4 sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 11:46 AM
Talking Storm Silver 1.4 sport

Greetings from Holland, where i drive a 2005 jazz 1.4 sport. Pretty standard apart from the Honda aluminium doorsills ,armrestconsole and the roofspoiler. Storm silver metallic. I never see another jazz sport like mine around here in Holland It drives very smooth and runs on the highway 18km/L km or 5,5 Liter/100 km. so far its perfect.

Last edited by Jazzlover; 08-07-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 02:02 AM
Hey JazzLover,

That sounds like the spec I'm due to order very shortly, just as soon as I can decide on the colour !! Currently between Vivid Blue Pearl, Storm Silver and Satin Silver.

Do you have any pictures, especially the 'additions' ?

Michael.

Old 07-31-2005, 04:41 AM
new pic

Here some pics of the jazz. Storm silver is more timeless in my opinion. The roofspoiler sure makes the car more atractive and sporty. Maybe i will buy the grillspoiler as well in the future.

Last edited by Jazzlover; 07-31-2005 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:52 AM
Congrats on the really nice car! My favorite colour - being an old Honda fanatic - is Milano Red and Championship White. My Integra Type R was Milano Red (see url in sign).

Have you thought about tuning your car to get a little more juice out of it?

Old 07-31-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jazzlover
i Have pics but how can i post them here? i mean i cannot upload from my pc to this forum. and i dont have a webpage of my own. but i can send you some pics if ypu want?...
Jazzlover, you can post pictures in the FitFreak.net gallery. Click the "Gallery" link in the top menu. From there, click "My Gallery." Create a new album, then upload pictures to that album. After that, they'll be available to share. Enjoy.

Old 07-31-2005, 05:44 PM
already know how to upload pics. i also sprayed the centre hub from the discs front and rear with heat resistant antraciet paint, beacuse the tend to rust very quick. so now they look better when you see thru the wheels next up maybe a calliper paint job as well

Last edited by Jazzlover; 07-31-2005 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:08 AM
Very Nice !!

Every time I see Storm Silver, it looks different to the last time, so I can never decide if I like it the best or not - it sure looks good there though.

I've also been thinking about having the calipers done, although if I got the blue then it would depend on if I could get a decent match on the colour, or else just go for black.

Did you tint your rear windows as well ?

Thanks again for the pictures. Hopefully I'll get to order mine next weekend, although I doubt I'll see it before September then.

Michael.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:05 AM
The rear windows are standard on the sport. privacy glass they call it here, looks good, the front is not allowed anymore here. I will make soms pics of the armrest and door sills later.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Interesting !! I'll have to check now and see if we get the darkened glass on the sport here in the UK. I was going to do the back-seat and rear windows, anyway, but if they come as standard then that will be excellent.

Michael.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:03 AM
The red i painted so the rust is gone, later on i will do the callipers.
Also some pics of the armrest and door sills. I also like the electric folding mirrors for parking.

Last edited by Jazzlover; 08-01-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:29 AM
inside

all original honda

i

Last edited by Jazzlover; 08-01-2005 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:30 AM
callipers painted

today i painted the callipers, it matches the colour of the car a bit, red does not match the car i think because its still the original brake system ,but it makes it more stylish now i think.

Old 08-04-2005, 01:15 AM
Great photos !

I have to say that the electric folding mirrors are one of my favourite features - Such a small part of the car, but I wish every car had them.

Did you just take your wheels off and carefully paint the calipers, making sure not to splash the paint ? I guess it's special 'caliper' paint ?

Michael.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:08 AM
wheels of, then clean them a bit and because the callipers were clean i did not remove them, so i sprayed complete. paint is heat resistant up too 600 degrees. finished it by using clearcoat paint, so it shines better.

Old 08-04-2005, 01:38 PM
Me again, with a couple more questions !!

How did you mask off the calipers ? I assume if you were spraying that you had to make sure you didn't get any on the disks themselves...

Also, is clearcoat heat-resistant as well ?

I really think this is one of the first things I'll want to do, but don't want to screw things up.

Michael.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:55 AM
Just place an old shirt around the disc and wrap it in, both paint are heat resistant. Nothing can go wrong, a bit paint on the disc will go away in seconds when u drive.

I used motip spray 10 dollar a piece.

Old 11-15-2005, 05:29 AM
Originally Posted by Jazzlover
The red i painted so the rust is gone, later on i will do the callipers.
Also some pics of the armrest and door sills. I also like the electric folding mirrors for parking.

Are those rear cup holder come with the armrest or its a seperate part? Also how much is the auto folding mirror? I envy u already..

Old 11-24-2005, 11:53 AM
The folding mirrors are here standard on the sport and Es versions. The armrest is one piece with the 2 integrated cupholders.

Old 12-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by michaelj
Me again, with a couple more questions !!

How did you mask off the calipers ? I assume if you were spraying that you had to make sure you didn't get any on the disks themselves...

Also, is clearcoat heat-resistant as well ?

I really think this is one of the first things I'll want to do, but don't want to screw things up.

Michael.
I painted the calipers on my Pontiac GTP with G2 brake caliper paint. It's a really great system that you paint onto the caliper with a brush. That way you don't have to worry about any overspray. Once it drys, it forms a nice protective "shell". I've had my calipers painted now for close to 2yrs and they still look great. Do a search online, I'm sure you can find a vendor that stocks this stuff. It's a little pricier than spray paint, but the lasting results are well worth it in my opinion.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Hello. My Jazz is the standard 1.4 model in Milano red, first registered March 2003 which I bought used just before Christmas with only 12k miles on the clock. My previous vehicle was a Civic 1.4 hatch and the Jazz is better in every way. I have already clocked nearly 1k miles with fuel at 52mpg. Having got one it is surprising how many you see about. Today in the DIY store carpark out often cars two were Jazz - one mine of course.

Quick Reply: 1.4 sport