Newbie from North East England.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 07:32 AM
5 Year Member
Newbie from North East England.

Hello everyone,

Just like to introduce myself and that i've finally found a Jazz forum with fellow enthusiast that would be interested in their cars and the occasional mods.

My name is Gary and I'm from Newcastle.

Picked up my GE Jazz ES in Ceralean Blue on 3/3/09 and just getting to grips with her.

My previous car was an EP3 with "good" mods and had that for 7 years and an established member on Type R Owners and Civic Type R forums.

I wasnt planning on modding the Jazz but old habits die hard so already thinking of what i can do to the Jazz.

I'm just going for "stealth" mods (mods that the missus cant see/ wont notice otherwise i will get killed lol) so thinking of Eibach lowering springs and a front strut of some sort.

Does anyone know where i can get said items within the uk? I've PM Sumopower and vtecdirect for quotes as they are members on said forums but just wondered if others know of anywhere else?

Kind regards

Gary

Old 03-20-2009, 07:48 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Welcome to the Fit Forum - can't help you with the UK question but Kings Motorsport and JDM Password are great sites for anything for the Fit/Jazz. Please post up some pictures so we can see your ride and hope some one else can help you find a local vendor. My favorite boxes come from Japan with Mugen on the side! LOL!

Cat :x

Old 03-20-2009, 08:05 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the warm welcome and pointers Cat

Just finding my way around this forum but obviously US based and gutted we dont get half the stuff you guys can get your hands on

Gary

Old 03-20-2009, 10:50 AM
welcome..

here is a thread where you can buy parts in UK..

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/euro...buy-parts.html

stay away from spooneurope at the moment there is a delay on the delivery..

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/euro...oney-gone.html

most of my parts i buy from this site...

Tokyo Express Car Performance and Tuning Parts for honda mitsubishi subaru nissan mazda toyota

highly recommended as well though its canadian base website but they are vendor here..i bought some parts as well in here..

A&J Racing

i PM one UK member here he was selling a brand new lowering spring..im not sure if he still got it but i told him that someone's looking for a lowering spring..hopefully he will give you a PM soon..

Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the pointers on those threads Bongski- i think i've read all of them already.

Spoonsport was widely reported in the other forums i visit so know about them. Heard that division went bankrupt, but apparently they have recently opened again

Gary

Old 03-20-2009, 11:04 AM
probably spoon open up again since one european member just receive some of his items he ordered for like 6 months ago...i got some spoon parts ordered that i haven't receive yet as well..ordered it last december..so at the moment stay away from spoon until they are sorted out..

Old 03-20-2009, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Ouch!!

thats a very long wait for parts

Had a few quote for some bits and bobs, but mainly after a front strut bar, like the J's Racing one.

Sumopower quoted me £213 + delivery and it will be a 6-8weeks wait as its coming from Japan.

Might just wait a while for the Yen to improve before splashing the cash

Old 03-20-2009, 11:16 AM
try to email tokyo express they got J's as well..you can ask him as well to just pay the 50% upon ordering and the remaining 50 will be upon delivery..thats what i always do..also if your interested they got the TANABE brand...

i got J's racing C pillar from sumopower it took like 8 weeks..

not just the Yen..pounds is just too weak at the moment..

Old 03-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi Gary, i'm from Hull, not too far away. get yourself signed up to hondanortheast.org.uk, they're all up Newcastle way.

i've signed up here cos my GF has just bought a Jazz Sport, i'm a civic guy at heart so you'll see me on hondanortheast.

As for spoon sports parts, get on civiclife.net and PM a guy called vtec_gloucester , he's a spoon sports europe rep, and has some stuff in stock at the moment.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Hello Gary, Bonski directed me to you as you are after a set of lowering springs... however i'm unsure whether they would fit your car as they are for the GD version, so i'll have to find out... but i have a set of Tanabe DF210 lowering springs which are practically brand new... never used but only opened to make sure there was no damage during delivery.

But if they do fit, i would be asking 140 inc delivery charge as they set me back 220 with delivery.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:17 PM
nice ride and mods michael...

Old 03-20-2009, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Hello everyone 8)

Appreciate all the replies so far.

Michael- your Jazz looks well smart! Wouldnt mind meeting up if and when possible but that can be hard as my missus thought that after i got rid of my EP3, i would stop using forums lol

Revzero- thanks for your offer mate but i think i'm going to pass. I had Eibach springs on my Type R and found them just right for height and ride qualities. A local motorsport place is sorting me out a price and fitting so will see what develops.

Bongski- i noticed you've got Eibach on your Jazz- do you have any before and after shots?

J88- I'm actually already a member on hondanortheast, although i havent been on there for a good 12months. So guess i better get back on there lol

cheers

Gary

Old 03-20-2009, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the board, Gary. Hopefully you have a good time with your Jazz and fun modding it. I can also recommend JDM Performance & Styling Car Parts and Accessories. They do not offer that much for the Jazz but I ordered some accessories and received it for a fair price with fast delivery. These are great guys with good customer service.

I'm just curious because I am concerned: Where did you read about Spoon Europe's problems?

@mkht78
Very nice Jazz, it looks pretty cool. Where did you get that Modulo lip, it's awesome!

Old 03-20-2009, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mkht78
Hi Gary!

I'm Michael! nice to hear from ya! I'm actually very close to you, I live in Middlesbrough (about 30-45 minute drive). Ha ! at last i get another member that is actually close to me!

Anyways I own a 2006 model 1.4 Sport in NHB. and proud! my current mods are;-
  • ARC induction kit
  • Spoon b-pipe
  • Spoon Sports Muffler
  • Cusco Front Strut Brace
  • J's Racing rear brace, center brace and c-pillar
  • Modulo front lip
  • Spoon rear duct spoiler
  • Spoon antenna
  • Mugen visors
  • Mugen gearknob, shift boot and gear laiter
  • Mugen pedals
  • Spoon reservoir covers
  • Spoon radiator cap
  • Front and Rear red H emblem
  • Honda Fit Emblem
  • Window tints all back
  • LED rear lights
  • HID lights on headlamp and fogs
Here it is but this was taken ages ago, only pic i taken but more to come.

Yeh i pretty much got my parts from the websites listed above, you can try Japanparts.com but quite expensive! You got some pics of ur ride?

NICE !!! looks similar to mine.

Old 03-22-2009, 03:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mkht78
  • Modulo front lip
where did you get the front lip?.. how much was it??

i've been trying to get one for ages.. but not much luck

Old 03-22-2009, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
welcome to the forum.. need to get some pics up of the motor!!

andyk - r those genuine honda LED rear lights there u got?! if so were did u get them, quite expensive the last time i rem...

Old 03-22-2009, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Yo! Thanks for the messages guys!

Erm i got the Modulo front lip from Hong Kong and was about £150 including it getting sprayed...

Also Jezz I got the LED lights from JHPUSA, cost about £250,,,not cheap ur right!

Michael

Old 03-22-2009, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
oops, speaking to the wrong person there..

the smoked LEDs r the way to go, but 250 for a set of rear lights.. i think i need to start saving.. who in hk did u get the front lip from?! was it top racing in mk?!

Old 03-23-2009, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
Judging from the replies, I'm guessing some are fellow Chinese members per chance?

Well, as requested, here is some pics of my completely standard GE (with OEM rear spoiler)

Garyman's GE

Old 03-28-2009, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
v nice, new car, new car smell.. luv it.. let the mods begin!!!

Quick Reply: Newbie from North East England.