Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/)
-   -   headlights off with ignition? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/14462-headlights-off-ignition.html)

Goobers 10-06-2009 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Spule 4 (Post 151808)
Me, it is the convienience factor, but the Toyotas were the only cars with this. Actually, I pretty much "auto pilot" turn the lights on and off every time I drive the car, have been doing this for years.

I also cancel my own turn signals due to the first two cars I owned were Citroens without canceling indicators....and I have not owned a Citroen in many many many years....old habbits I guess?

Eh, "only" Toyotas?

Maybe it seems that way for you...

1999 Nissan Pathfinder

-Auto - When switch is left in AUTO, the headlights come on when key is turned to "ON" position. Once you move key out of that position, they will turn off either when you open your door or after about 30 seconds, which ever comes first.

*Note: If you rotate switch to off while key is not set to ON, and then rotate to Auto, headlights will come on, and STAY ON until a) you turn off the headlights or b) you turn the key to ON and then it'll follow the normal steps (dorr or timer to turn off).

The switch only has three settings, OFF, parking lamps, and AUTO. AUTO replaces where "on" should've been.

dmimlitch 12-13-2009 10:05 AM

I got my Fit yesterday, after trading in my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder which had auto headlights. Out Kia Sedona also has auto headlights. As did my Mini. I have not turned on headlights in years.

I'd love a way to add auto headlights.

dmimlitch 12-13-2009 10:10 AM

i did just find this, which would rectify my situation, but it's $355 and does more than what I need.

osCMax v2.0 : Automatic Photocell Headlight System [SYS 2000] - $355.00

waxyourboard 01-18-2010 08:07 PM

You can fix this with a simple $1.25 part from radio shack called an SPDT relay.

85 - gnd
86 - ign (+)
30 - car side of the (-) headlight trigger in the steering column.
87 - key side of the (-) headlight trigger in the steering column.
87a - empty

total cost: $1.25

Or you can take it to a car electronics shop. Most of them should be able to do it for you

klaudiu34 05-13-2020 04:30 AM

Honda Jazz/Fit 2012 low beam lights only on ignition key or not ?

I have two identical Honda Jazz 2012.
Its are so identical as on VIN number is the same except the last one charactere differs.
The problem is: at one car low beam is working only if I turn the ignition key in position on.
To the other car, low beam lights working independent of the ignition key position or if the key is even in my pocket.
The other lights as position lights or high beam, working in any condition at both of the cars.
The switching lights button is the same to both cars and it is not with the automatic light position from factory.
I repet that both care are absolutly identical, except last character of the VIN number.
I did not understand how the lights of low beam should normally working .
Can anyone (witht the Jazz/Fitt 2009-2014) lightening me ?

klaudiu34 05-13-2020 04:50 AM

Did you solve the problem ?

klaudiu34 05-13-2020 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by arsonall (Post 147475)
okay, here is my problem. i can't get used to the headlights working independent from the ignition. my old car (04 wrx) made it impossible to keep the headlights on...once the key was taken out, the headlights turned off.

can anyone help me with this? i want to make the power to the headlights tied into the ignition. with the key in any position but off, the headlights can be turned on, but if you turn off the car, the headlights go off.

Did you find out what the problem is, or even that it was a problem ?

GolNat 05-13-2020 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by klaudiu34 (Post 1446072)
Did you find out what the problem is, or even that it was a problem ?

That's not a problem the lights are suppose to go off with the ignition. If you don't want them too then it will have to re-wired.

klaudiu34 05-14-2020 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 1446087)
That's not a problem the lights are suppose to go off with the ignition. If you don't want them too then it will have to re-wired.

The problem is that at the other Jazz that I have, I didn't rewire anything and the low beam works without ignition.
That's why I keep asking my self and arrownd, HOW IS NORMAL, or may be a matter of settings or programming the car?!
I repeat... the two Jazz that I have are 100% identical.