Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Seatbelt Light and Beep

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Seatbelt Light and Beep

Anyone know how to turn off the seatbelt light and beep?

Old 02-17-2008, 07:37 PM
put on your seatbelt

Old 02-17-2008, 07:48 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
if your too cool to wear your seatbelt ..
try buckling it and then getting it
but dont blame me for telling you that

Old 02-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Cool but no thanks.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Personally I'd like to know the answer to this myself. I was recently transporting a bunch of 2x6 gridwall panels, with the passenger seat laid back flat. The panels were heavy enough to trigger the switch and make the puter think there was someone sitting there, hence resulting in the ever-annoying beep. Had to reposition the panels to plug in the seatbelt on the passenger side in order to avoid a very 'beep'y 40 minute ride to work. Sometimes safety features like this can get in a way of the usability.

Old 02-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by mkx-r
Personally I'd like to know the answer to this myself. I was recently transporting a bunch of 2x6 gridwall panels, with the passenger seat laid back flat. The panels were heavy enough to trigger the switch and make the puter think there was someone sitting there, hence resulting in the ever-annoying beep. Had to reposition the panels to plug in the seatbelt on the passenger side in order to avoid a very 'beep'y 40 minute ride to work. Sometimes safety features like this can get in a way of the usability.
Very well put, Thats what am talking about that was the main reason that I wanted to know how to diconnect it cause had a box in the passanger seat and had my seatbelt on and then all of a sudden that dam beep went off and was like the hell thought it was broken until I looked under the seat and saw the passanger seat has the same dam sensor. lolol.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Strangely enough, on the same day described above, I also got a light that the side airbags were disabled. I'm guessing it's due to the fact that there was some heavy cargo present, but since it didn't even reach the window line, side airbags should have remained active. There are times when I transport light but large cargo, (20cu.ft. bags of packing peanuts, I can fit 2 of those in the back, plus some boxes), and that basically fills up the cabin to the roof. In times like that, the side bags still remain active, and they probably shouldn't.
I suppose a quick solution to the seatbelt issue would be to get one of those latch inserts by itself (from junkyard, or maybe auto-parts store), and just insert it into the passenger seatbelt latch to gently fool the system. That would have drawbacks, as it would keep the pass/ airbag active as well, and deploy it uneccessarely in case of an accident. Perhaps the next-gen fit should have a 'cargo' button (momentary pussh-button), which would tell the computer there is no passenger in the front, only cargo, so no need for seatbelt, or the airbag. The mode would reset to 'passenger' automatically when the engine is turned off of course, for safety reasons.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Retired Moderator
SEARCH!
We have many many BIG threads on this.

Tyler

Old 02-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
SEARCH!
We have many many BIG threads on this.

Tyler
Did!

And did'nt find anything? Little help would be nice or is it too much to ask?

Old 02-20-2008, 10:08 PM
you could un-plug the weight sensor from under the seat if you can figure out which one it is

Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 PM
One of my friends has a civic and wanted the same as you guys. All he did was bought just the buckle itself and puts it into the latch. When he doesnt need it he pushes the button on the latch, puts the buckle in the glove box and then uses the seat belt itself. It takes 2 seconds to do and no wierd wiring or anything to mess with. That will take care of your problem.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by space cowboy
you could un-plug the weight sensor from under the seat if you can figure out which one it is
Yea looked under there last night and theres three plugs Might try disconecting one by one and see what happens.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by jdjohnson9
One of my friends has a civic and wanted the same as you guys. All he did was bought just the buckle itself and puts it into the latch. When he doesnt need it he pushes the button on the latch, puts the buckle in the glove box and then uses the seat belt itself. It takes 2 seconds to do and no wierd wiring or anything to mess with. That will take care of your problem.
This is my second choice if I don't find a way to do it with out disconnection the side passanger air bag or mine, thanks

Old 02-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by MiniMeRR
This is my second choice if I don't find a way to do it with out disconnection the side passanger air bag or mine, thanks

the only problem with this is that if you were to get into an accident then the air bag on the passenger side would deploy unnecessarily. But i guess that is something that doesnt matter.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by BlackCobra
the only problem with this is that if you were to get into an accident then the air bag on the passenger side would deploy unnecessarily. But i guess that is something that doesnt matter.
Yea was thinking of that too, but if all I have to do is remove the buckel it could have been a defective airbag don't think they would ever find out. And I've see passanger airbags go off from a hard enought hit so you never know. We'll see still looking gonna try some different ideas this weekend and see what happens.

Old 03-02-2008, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
i unpluged the driver side seat belt sensor but then the airbag light goes off so i guess the only safe way is gettin a buckle. n e other ideas i hav racing harness and want 2 kno 2

Old 03-02-2008, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by lidoshorty02
i unpluged the driver side seat belt sensor but then the airbag light goes off so i guess the only safe way is gettin a buckle. n e other ideas i hav racing harness and want 2 kno 2
When you un-plug the sensor your Fit will think that no one is in the seat. Best bet I would go with jdjohnson9's suggestion get an extra buckle and use it as needed.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Well trying out the different plugs under the seat right now and seeing what happens.

But the way things are going looks like am gonna have to buy just 2 buckels lolol.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by MiniMeRR
Well trying out the different plugs under the seat right now and seeing what happens.

But the way things are going looks like am gonna have to buy just 2 buckels lolol.

Thats one way to go, but your airbags still wont work.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by space cowboy
Thats one way to go, but your airbags still wont work.
Thats what am doing now is trying different combinations under the seat so that the airbags still work.

Quick Reply: Seatbelt Light and Beep