Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Disconnecting alarm horn.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Disconnecting alarm horn.

Hi guys, So my aftermarket alarm on my other car is on the fritz and keeps going off for no reason, i think it only happens when its semi foggy at night. Anyway, so my neighbors complained so i was wondering if its ok if i just cut the wire to the horn(yes, a stupid question LOL)? I'm afraid i might hurt something if i do. I dont want to remove the whole unit, because i still need keyless entry and crap. I'm totally clueless when it comes to anything that has to do with wires. Any info would be appreciated

Old 01-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Fit Gadget Freak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
Hi guys, So my aftermarket alarm on my other car is on the fritz and keeps going off for no reason, i think it only happens when its semi foggy at night. Anyway, so my neighbors complained so i was wondering if its ok if i just cut the wire to the horn(yes, a stupid question LOL)? I'm afraid i might hurt something if i do. I dont want to remove the whole unit, because i still need keyless entry and crap. I'm totally clueless when it comes to anything that has to do with wires. Any info would be appreciated
Are you speaking of the after-market siren, or the OEM horn?

If its the after-market siren/horn output device, simple cut the black wire.

Otherwise, you won't pass inspection, in a state with inspections, if your horn doesn't sound.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by theloxmyth
Are you speaking of the after-market siren, or the OEM horn?

If its the after-market siren/horn output device, simple cut the black wire.

Otherwise, you won't pass inspection, in a state with inspections, if your horn doesn't sound.
yeah i meant the siren for the aftermarket alarm. And I did end up cutting it and i just zip tied the wires. haha. Thanks dude! +1 for you