Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

cloth on door pannels

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:24 PM
cloth on door pannels

How do you clean that faberic on the doors? I have gotten a lot of dust marks on it. Sorry if this has been covered

Old 07-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
I usually just use a microfiber towel with my interior cleaning product already in it from doing the rest of the interior. Just mist some quick detailer or any mild cleaner and scrub it with the microfiber towel. Mine gets lots of marks on it too.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:11 PM
oh alright thanks. I will try that today

Old 07-14-2009, 02:37 PM
If anyone else has any suggestions please leave them. The more the marier

Old 07-14-2009, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
My door panels have that too and it looks horrible. What's worse is the last owner stained the front drivers seat. Any ideas on how to get th stains out of the seat? They are liquid stains like coffee or soda.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:23 PM
For stains try a product called Folex which can be found at home depot. Its in a spray bottle. Vaccuum the area and spray it with folex. Agitate with your fingers and let it soak for about 10 minutes. After that try to extract it using hot water in a spray bottle and vaccuum it out. Lots of detailers including myself have had great experiences with folex.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
For stains try a product called Folex which can be found at home depot. Its in a spray bottle. Vaccuum the area and spray it with folex. Agitate with your fingers and let it soak for about 10 minutes. After that try to extract it using hot water in a spray bottle and vaccuum it out. Lots of detailers including myself have had great experiences with folex.
Thanks man. +Rep

Old 08-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Okay.. besides how to clean the cloth that is on the door panels... any suggestion on how to keep it looking like new? and/or not worn? I have a tendency to like to rest my arm on the window sill either with the window closed or open... and I figure that might not be so good for the fabric. Any suggestions for something decent that I can either make, or that is already made to cover the fabric starting at the window edge?

thanks.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Just checked on that Folex product, it cost $53 and comes in a 12 pack at home depot. I just need a single bottle, so I bought a 32 oz bottle from Amazon for $8.49.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
for cloth i use Griot's Interior Cleaner

for door panels (plastic part) and dash i use Prima Nero.

www.griotsgarage.com
www.detailersparadise.com (or you can get Prima via amazon)

Old 08-19-2009, 12:14 AM
I've had the same problem on my door cloth... There are just light color "smudge" marks from where i rest my elbow or have touched it. This sounds way to simple but it works for me. I just use a damp washcloth and rub across the fabric and poof... looks like new. for me that is.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by mremansam
I've had the same problem on my door cloth... There are just light color "smudge" marks from where i rest my elbow or have touched it. This sounds way to simple but it works for me. I just use a damp washcloth and rub across the fabric and poof... looks like new. for me that is.
You know I was just going to start a new thread about the ONE gripe I have about my new Fit which I adore. Literally one gripe. And it's the frackin' door panel cloth. I noticed this too... all you have to do is touch it and it makes a scuff mark. My whole driver's side door panel looks marbled from just two weeks of owning it, with my elbow occasionally touching it, and I have clean elbows!

Why would they use a fabric so prone to scuffing? Why does it do that? There's gotta be some kind of product (scotchgard?) that will prevent scuff marks. Anyone?

Old 08-29-2009, 08:01 PM
I know scotchgard doesn't work, because I scotchgarded all the fabric in the car on the second day I owned it (including those crappy door panels, which already had one scuff on the driver's side from my elbow)... and the scuffs only continue to appear.

I am also interested if anyone has an idea for how to remove or prevent those scuffs. This is seriously the most ridiculous issue ever-- it's probably my biggest pet peeve with the car, no joke.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:10 PM
These scuffs are easily removed with a microfiber towel lightly misted with some quick detailer. Just apply lots of pressure. Jeez you guys are some serious whiners. Take 5 minutes out of your day/week to clean them.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
I used Folex like qb recommended, I ued it on the doorpanel and it took them right out. However, when I used it on my seat it didn't work at all.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:25 PM
I posted on the other thread trying to help and give you suggestions on the proper way to use folex and you haven't responded.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Folex is the shit, does wonders for carpet.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:06 AM
These scuffs are easily removed with a microfiber towel lightly misted with some quick detailer. Just apply lots of pressure. Jeez you guys are some serious whiners. Take 5 minutes out of your day/week to clean them.
The point is, it shouldn't be scuffing like that. It's a whine-able feature. I think it's the ONLY thing negative I have to say about my Fit. But it is really a ridiculous issue. Most fabrics don't scuff when you touch them, so why put the only scuffable fabric known to man on the one area of a car where it is most likely to get the most scuffs?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:51 AM
It doesn't matter why they did it but they did. So either come online and whine about it which won't do a thing. Or take the time it took to post your complaint and clean it. Or change the fabric.

Last edited by qbmurderer13; 08-30-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:49 PM
It doesn't matter why they did it but they did. So either come online and whine about it which won't do a thing. Or take the time it took to post your complaint and clean it. Or change the fabric.
I'm glad I have your permission to whine... thank you. I would imagine that Honda designers research forums such as this to find out what people like and don't like when considering improvements for future models. Maybe my '09 has an armrest because enough people whined about not having one in years past.

Quick Reply: cloth on door pannels