Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

EGR Valve Cutoff Plate, still Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 03:41 PM
EGR Valve Cutoff Plate, still Engine Light

Hey,

i tried to fix the EGR Valve Problem with the metal plate to cut it off, but i still get the engine light?!

Do you guys have some experience with this problem?

best regards

phil

Old 05-07-2012, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by O7ACON
Hey,

i tried to fix the EGR Valve Problem with the metal plate to cut it off, but i still get the engine light?!

Do you guys have some experience with this problem?

best regards

phil
Apologize for the post that is late in time but as far as i know based on my experience, there is a bit of description that could be found of the technical service bulletin. Would be better to consult the dealership as well. On the bright side, you can have those replacement stuff on local stores in your place.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member
My thread covers this off here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/euro...z-fit-gd1.html

Also I have pictures if you follow the facebook link, to reset the CEL issue disconnect the battery and wait, after that reconnect if you have automatic windows you need to put the driver's window down then up HOLDING the switch in the upposition for 3 seconds and then the window will go down automatically (meaning you have reset the ECU) technically you should then hold the car at 2500rpm for 5 mins with no electrics for the ECU to reconfigure the idle speed.

hope this helps.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by B-boystance
My thread covers this off here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/euro...z-fit-gd1.html

Also I have pictures if you follow the facebook link, to reset the CEL issue disconnect the battery and wait, after that reconnect if you have automatic windows you need to put the driver's window down then up HOLDING the switch in the upposition for 3 seconds and then the window will go down automatically (meaning you have reset the ECU) technically you should then hold the car at 2500rpm for 5 mins with no electrics for the ECU to reconfigure the idle speed.

hope this helps.
That sounds so silly that if I hadn't seen the same kind of stuff in the owners manual for my 98 Cadillac Eldorado I'd think you were trying to pull somebody's leg..

Old 09-20-2012, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
i might be wrong on this one, but if the EGR can cause a CEL light by not functioning properly, wont it also cause a CEL if it is missing/removed/blocked off?

Old 04-21-2015, 09:48 AM
i have played around with my egr blanking plate and found at first i go 2 codes,
1 stating the valve wouldnt open enough and the second stating insufficient flow throught the valve,

Despite the codes the car drove really nice, much smoother feeling (UK 1.3dsi model)

step one, i drilled a hole in the blanking plate big enough to allow the valve to open,

result: 1st error code cleared but after abit of driving insufficient flow code came back.

step two, drilled a small hole (approx 3 mm) to allow some gas flow through the valve,

still got the insufficient flow code,

i enlarged the hole to approx 8mm and now all codes have cleared and the car still feels pretty nice to drive.

so it seems you cant just block the egr and get away with it but can reduce flow
MPG seems to have gne up also!

Old 07-09-2015, 08:48 AM
Ok i have successfuly kind of blocked my EGR without any ECU flash etc and got rid of CEL. Here i have posted thread at crz forum.But my fuel average dropped.

Last edited by Fit Hybrid RS 2012; 07-10-2015 at 07:39 AM.