Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Bolt missing and noisy in Drive under load

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Question Bolt missing and noisy in Drive under load

My drive to the Arctic Circle might have shaken this bolt loose, or it was one of the many construction zones through which we had to drive. At one point I ended up plowing through gravel that loaded into the underside of the engine area despite the skid plate thingy.

I got most of the gravel out from the underside, then noticed this bolt missing -- very shiny in there! Wondering if it is something significant that could be causing the noise at idle in Drive or under load (turning from a stop onto a hill and accelerating).

We don't live near a city (in Yukon, Canada) so hoping to get some expert advice here on what I need to order in to replace this. Anyone know what it is, or isn't? MUCH THANX!

Old 07-04-2015, 08:51 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
that hole is not used with our fits. Im so used to the manual fit that I was going to say it was a transmission mount but that is not the case.

nothing to worry about.

AT TRANSMISSION CASE for 2007 Honda FIT

Old 07-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Thank you...we had started wondering if it was a redundant hole, not used with the Fit. It's so shiny and clean though that it had our interest. Maybe just a bolt was there to fill the space.

Good news is...I've cleaned all the gravel out from underneath, and NO MORE NOISE. Much relieved.

Thanx!