Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Forged pistons for Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by anjingbalap
well topfuel phone number 0598-56-5880
bro u get any email address. Thks.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:40 PM
i wana see a video of that on a dyno running those numbers , there is no way that motor taking that abuse, sorry dynos and pics aside i dont belive it , your running over 17lbs of boost on a 1.5 engine without reinforcement of . . anything, retainers, pistons, cams? the dang tranny . .

nice ride but i just dont believe it

Old 02-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by leonine
Nice Ride!!!

Being that i am not savvy with engine internals and tuning, what else would one need to do besides replace pistons to bulletproof the top half of the motor. Is that all you did? Seems like our little engines are capable of putting out those kind of numbers but i want my ride to be reliable for years to come as well.

What about the bottom end? Crank. etc... I heard from King Motorsports that Krowler might come out with a stroker kit for the 1.5. What exactly does that come with? Does the block need to be modified or do the parts just replace existing internals? Could one expect gains when installing a stroker kit by itself without boost?
stroking the engine essentioal is just making ht e stroke "bigger"
head work
bottom end
pistons
crank
rods
rings

you could take the car i am sure to 1.6l by doing it, maybe a 40whp for $3k in parts not includding new fuel management and garage time, tunning and retunning

i had a buddy that had the toda stroke in a b16a2 , very cool

Old 02-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by carfun
I am new here :-) I just wondering if any dealer can order Forged pistons for honda fit?

I already have turbo installed but i need higher boost.

Now my car is running at 1.2 bar.

I want more strong piston in order to boost higher.

BR

Thomas
Are you saying that you are running 17psi on a stock motor! If so that is telling us alot about this engine. Quite fascinating indeed! What do your dyno numbers equate to in Horse Power?

Thanks
Ron

Old 02-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Old 02-25-2007, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dj_buddah
i wana see a video of that on a dyno running those numbers , there is no way that motor taking that abuse, sorry dynos and pics aside i dont belive it , your running over 17lbs of boost on a 1.5 engine without reinforcement of . . anything, retainers, pistons, cams? the dang tranny . .

nice ride but i just dont believe it

Here it is:

http://www.gsmhacker.com/hondafitturbo_0001.wmv

This is not the final run

By the way I am not come here to show off... I just want to try to find forged piston and forged connecting rod...

BR

Thomas

Old 02-25-2007, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RonRob
Are you saying that you are running 17psi on a stock motor! If so that is telling us alot about this engine. Quite fascinating indeed! What do your dyno numbers equate to in Horse Power?

Thanks
Ron
The dyno number is Flywheel number: 231 HP

Yes stock motor can do this for sure.. The only thing i put on the engine is 1 extra pcs of original gasket. but i want more more hehe.. my target is 400 HP Flywheel. That is reason i want to change forged piston and connecting rod.. and i also will think about K20a + turbo (Someone in USA made it 700 HP )... but i worry if can handle ( I mean driving it on the street?)

BR

Thomas

Old 02-25-2007, 12:26 PM
i didnt know our little L15 motor had the potential for that much power with stock internals, your car is SEX on wheels

Last edited by Elem3nt; 02-25-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:34 AM
I think this is the most powerful stock engined fit so far! congrats man, hope it lasts though

Old 03-01-2007, 09:19 PM
F!T
wow what kind of turbo u got under there?!?!?

Old 03-02-2007, 10:54 AM
That equates to about 200whp which is outstanding and what a wonderful effort. I had efforts of putting my high powered Twinscrew supercharger but the more I put my eye on the enigine, the more impossible it seems to be able to put my blower on the side. I understand now why Mugen did what they did with their blower and JR did what they did with theirs. Great to know the fits bottom end can hold up to that power level.

Ron

Old 03-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Here it is:

http://www.gsmhacker.com/hondafitturbo_0001.wmv

This is not the final run

By the way I am not come here to show off... I just want to try to find forged piston and forged connecting rod...

BR

Thomas
I should be surprised, but I'm not. I knew this engine was considerably stronger than the old stock D-series ever were. And those could achieve 200whp with very little issue.

That equates to about 200whp which is outstanding and what a wonderful effort. I had efforts of putting my high powered Twinscrew supercharger but the more I put my eye on the enigine, the more impossible it seems to be able to put my blower on the side. I understand now why Mugen did what they did with their blower and JR did what they did with theirs. Great to know the fits bottom end can hold up to that power level.

Ron
Why in the world would you want a Twin-Screw in your Fit? You must be one of those crazy, insane tuner guys. lmao....

If you do that, your car would be seriously nuts. You'd have to put wheelie bars on it just to drive it to and from work....lol

Old 03-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Small twinscrew gives the best of both worlds. More torque down low with no lag, and equal hp charecteristics. Check out my homepage and what we did to my old school Mr2.
Rons Twinscrew

260rwhp on a 1.6 stock internals ain't to bad. I would love to bolt my twinscrew to this engine for 200whp. And now that I know the engine can take it, I might just find a way.

Ron

Last edited by RonRob; 03-02-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I would put forth that his RPM range isn't much different from stock either. I think the last station (or some other tuner, maybee J's?) DID redo the bottom end to make it rev to 8k. I highly doubt you could get away with these power levels that high in the power band for long w/o building the engine. But 6-10 PSI at the stock range may just prove how capable the engine really is!

Old 03-02-2007, 04:56 PM
The dyno number is Flywheel number: 231 HP

The only thing i put on the engine is 1 extra pcs of original gasket. but i want more more hehe

Thomas
I am assuming this means you added a second head gasket to reduce compression ratio?>

Old 03-04-2007, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sonorliteman
I would put forth that his RPM range isn't much different from stock either. I think the last station (or some other tuner, maybee J's?) DID redo the bottom end to make it rev to 8k. I highly doubt you could get away with these power levels that high in the power band for long w/o building the engine. But 6-10 PSI at the stock range may just prove how capable the engine really is!
Yes it is correct the REV can tune to 7800. But for my FIT i already put 1.2 bar to the turbo..so for protecting the engine just put the REV at 7k.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sonorliteman
I am assuming this means you added a second head gasket to reduce compression ratio?>
Yes, it can reduce the compression ratio.. so can boost more

Old 03-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Small twinscrew gives the best of both worlds. More torque down low with no lag, and equal hp charecteristics. Check out my homepage and what we did to my old school Mr2.
Rons Twinscrew

260rwhp on a 1.6 stock internals ain't to bad. I would love to bolt my twinscrew to this engine for 200whp. And now that I know the engine can take it, I might just find a way.

Ron
What kind of TS was it? Whipple (Lysholm), Eaton, IHI, etc? For some reason I thought you were using a system like the Lysholms. I'm thinking that much power is insane in a car of this weight, but considering the UK's fastest EP3-R puts out 608bhp with a weight loss (584bhp per metric ton or 2,204.62lbs), results should be similar.

I'm curious to see what the power curve (or straight line, lol) looks like. Good luck

Old 03-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Yo bro your car is sick! Keep up the good work!

Old 03-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by jbrisson
What kind of TS was it? Whipple (Lysholm), Eaton, IHI, etc? For some reason I thought you were using a system like the Lysholms. I'm thinking that much power is insane in a car of this weight, but considering the UK's fastest EP3-R puts out 608bhp with a weight loss (584bhp per metric ton or 2,204.62lbs), results should be similar.

I'm curious to see what the power curve (or straight line, lol) looks like. Good luck
They are lysholm blowers that I use. And I believe performance could be similar if you take into account Hondas history of making great head designs. I think I could get away with about 10-14 psi of boost on this 1.5L engine which should be good for about 200 to the wheels. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the compression 10:5 in the 1.5L?

Ron

Quick Reply: Forged pistons for Honda Fit