Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

what does everyone else think

Old 03-28-2007, 01:36 AM
Question what does everyone else think

first off thanks for any help you fitfreaks can provide

Ok so i have looked and looked and really havent found a bolt on axle-back or cat-back system that i like mainly beacuse of the muffler itself
so i found a vibrant muffler that i like and its black. ( sweet! )
I wanted to see what everyone elses thoughts and opinions were.

this would mean cutting off my OEM muffler and welding the new one any pros or cons to doing this vice a full bolt-on. also not sure if this muffler will fit i dont know the dimensions of the OEM muffler

Vibrant Performance ::.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
For me, it's not my taste, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I would imagine any respectable muffler shop could weld it up to make it fit. I also think if you do that, you're better off having them fabricate the tubing/mounting flange from scratch as the inlet on this thing is larger than the stock piping, ~62mm vs. OEM ~50mm.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:14 AM
cool deal you answered a question that i needed (OEM-50mm)
also so no your taste was it the look or something else?

thanks

Old 03-28-2007, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fithouston

thanks

To each his own. But honestly, I'd probably invest in an axle back instead and go with a brand that has a good rep. After that , I'd save more money to get a spoon B pipe since it will directly BOLT ON to any axle backs out there.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fithouston

thanks
Glad to have helped some. Yeah, it's mainly the look. The black paint just seems kind cheap to me -- I can picture it flaking off really soon after you put it on from gravel, road debris, etc. and looking beat as a result. Also, since there's no brackets for hanging it, they're gonna have to be added, and that's going to ruin the finish as well (where they're welded on). Still, you gotta go with what you like, so you be the final judge. I know not everyone's into what I have either (J's Racing titanium), but I'm happy with it, so you're feelings in the end are all that matters.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:57 AM
5 Year Member
You should just have a welding shop custom fabricate a full cat back with the piping welded to the muffler. You could probably get it pretty cheap.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by iheartmyGD3
To each his own. But honestly, I'd probably invest in an axle back instead and go with a brand that has a good rep. After that , I'd save more money to get a spoon B pipe since it will directly BOLT ON to any axle backs out there.
Agreed, it's usually better (and cheaper in the long run) to save and buy excellent parts from the get go.

As for the center-pipe, Spoon is good, but if you're going to go with this muffler, better to get a Skunk2 pipe as it's already 60mm. That way, you can keep the piping from the muffler 60mm as well, which is only 2mm smaller than the inlet on the muffler and a whole lot less restrictive than if you were going from 62>50mm like the Spoon and OEM piping.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
hey bro i still have my Aspec axle-back and cold-air if ur interested just hit me up....they are both in good conditions......let me know im willin to let go both for $200...i need to sell them

Old 03-29-2007, 04:51 PM
hey hfit yeah can you pm a pic of the axel abck and which cold air do you have i order a weapon r sri so i'll have to see how that goes before getting another one

Old 03-31-2007, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
this will (in my mind) always be the bar to which all others are compared to:

RS*R Exmag

Best low profile exhaust made. Other than OEM. :P

Old 03-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by integradriv3r
You should just have a welding shop custom fabricate a full cat back with the piping welded to the muffler. You could probably get it pretty cheap.
i second dat,especially wen ur a little tight on da budget but still nice to have the axle backs...jus need to save up for da best one

Old 04-01-2007, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
So the Spoon B-pipe is the same diameter as the stock pipe? I've got a Tanabe Concept G axle back and want to add a aftermarket mid pipe. I was leaning towards the Spoon but now I'm not sure it's worth the $ ($350) if it's the same size as stock. Does anyone have a Skunk2 or Megan with a Tanabe muffler?

Originally Posted by Chikubi
Agreed, it's usually better (and cheaper in the long run) to save and buy excellent parts from the get go.

As for the center-pipe, Spoon is good, but if you're going to go with this muffler, better to get a Skunk2 pipe as it's already 60mm. That way, you can keep the piping from the muffler 60mm as well, which is only 2mm smaller than the inlet on the muffler and a whole lot less restrictive than if you were going from 62>50mm like the Spoon and OEM piping.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:59 PM
thanx for all your help guys but i gave in and bought a a-spec axel-back with the burnt tip thanx hfit

Old 04-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
hey no prob. bro always a pleasure to help out fellow texans...haha...anyways hope to see pics of it and being used once again..

Old 04-01-2007, 09:32 PM
well i tried with hand tools to break my oem bolts and they wouldn't budge so I'm gonna have to take it to a shop. i cant get a good grip to loosen the nuts

Old 04-04-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by moondog
So the Spoon B-pipe is the same diameter as the stock pipe? I've got a Tanabe Concept G axle back and want to add a aftermarket mid pipe. I was leaning towards the Spoon but now I'm not sure it's worth the $ ($350) if it's the same size as stock. Does anyone have a Skunk2 or Megan with a Tanabe muffler?
no Spoon B-Pipe IS slightly larger diameter piping compared to OEM. if you need exact specs on both i can look for them (i forgot haha) but it is definetly not the same as stock.

as for the Skunk2.....if you read there site its not an OEM style b pipe since the flanges are different i think. you cannot by there exhaust as an axle back either. if you want skunk2 b pipe you NEED to run skunk2 exhaust as well and vice versa (according to thier web site). where as the Spoon b pipe is a direct OEM fit and will bolt up to ANY axle back (except Skunk2 that i know of) including the OEM exhaust.

if you like the flat black look check if the Apex'i NOiR is made as an axle back for the fit......