Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

A nice quiet axle back system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:15 PM
A nice quiet axle back system?

Anyone know of a nice quiet axle back system?

I am thinking of getting something to replace the "dinky" little pipe we have on our Fits...

any suggestions?

Old 04-24-2007, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit
Anyone know of a nice quiet axle back system?

I am thinking of getting something to replace the "dinky" little pipe we have on our Fits...

any suggestions?
go tanabe mang. it's quiet, deep and not ricey. if you search around a little, there are sound clips of it here on the boards somewhere.

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 04-25-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
I love my aspec racing. Very quiet if you have a drop in air-filter (no intakes). When i installed my Last Station Powerbox last night, the exhaust tone became a little louder. Still sounds real nice, not ricey or "bumble bee." I also recommend what james said and go with tanabe.

Old 04-26-2007, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
I love my aspec racing. Very quiet if you have a drop in air-filter (no intakes). When i installed my Last Station Powerbox last night, the exhaust tone became a little louder. Still sounds real nice, not ricey or "bumble bee." I also recommend what james said and go with tanabe.
you bought David's Powerbox!!! I wanted that... you suck.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
i also have the aspec and love it , very quiet. i added a intake and it just sounds sweet. cabin noise is also vey low

Old 05-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Fujitsubo Wagolis FTW!!

Old 05-10-2007, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
spoon is kinda quiet, and comes with a silencer if you want it lower in sound?, I"ve never used it tho, so tells you how non "ricey" it is

Old 05-10-2007, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George02
spoon is kinda quiet, and comes with a silencer if you want it lower in sound?, I"ve never used it tho, so tells you how non "ricey" it is
I got the Spoon N1 and it's pretty loud without the Silencer above 70mhp. sounds BEEFY though.

Old 05-11-2007, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
I like how everyone recommend what they themselves have...or sell....

following in the grand tradition:

I just wanted to get a tip but I want it to be dual so I started looking at factory replacements...
bought a lightly used Civic SI rear section for $50 paid another $60-$80 to have it all installed and mounted properly.

I love it. It sounds great, being that it's designed for a larger engine the flow rate is slightly increased and it has a nice low tone. It completely eliminated the factory raspy sowing machine exhaust toot.

I love it. Best thing I could have done, all the other options just seemed really childish.
I out grew the coffee can style long ago and there aren't really any other's on the market right now that sparked my interest.
plus I got to stay "factory" haha/

5/5 in my opinion

Old 05-11-2007, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fithouston
i also have the aspec and love it , very quiet. i added a intake and it just sounds sweet. cabin noise is also vey low
+1

But after installing a B-pipe it made it soooo much louder. Similar to how an apexi N1 sounds but DEEPER .. I love it!

Old 05-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Retired Moderator
Getting my Spoon B-Pipe installed later today, can't wait!

As for the coffee can style, the Wagolis looks nothing like that!

Last edited by Illusive; 05-11-2007 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
I wanna get a bpipe. But I sure as hell not paying £290 for the Spoon one o.O

Old 05-12-2007, 04:09 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by kentris
I wanna get a bpipe. But I sure as hell not paying £290 for the Spoon one o.O
Well you do get what you pay for. Took it for install today and it was a breeze. All of the parts are provided and it fits perfectly in place. Love the new sound and response

Old 05-13-2007, 02:03 AM
5 Year Member
i like the HFP muffler that honda offers, its not too loud at all, its not pretty loud but it sounds real nice in the lows and when u rev it up, its definently worth it if you want something that doesnt make too much noise.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by GoFits
I like how everyone recommend what they themselves have...or sell....

following in the grand tradition:

I just wanted to get a tip but I want it to be dual so I started looking at factory replacements...
bought a lightly used Civic SI rear section for $50 paid another $60-$80 to have it all installed and mounted properly.

I love it. It sounds great, being that it's designed for a larger engine the flow rate is slightly increased and it has a nice low tone. It completely eliminated the factory raspy sowing machine exhaust toot.

I love it. Best thing I could have done, all the other options just seemed really childish.
I out grew the coffee can style long ago and there aren't really any other's on the market right now that sparked my interest.
plus I got to stay "factory" haha/

5/5 in my opinion
lol ive been considering doing something along those lines too, any close up pics of the install?

Old 05-20-2007, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by siccmonkey
lol ive been considering doing something along those lines too, any close up pics of the install?
+1 too...rsx-s muffler here thinkin bout it

Old 05-20-2007, 01:10 PM
I've put the Apexi WS exhaust on all my hondas/acuras Prelude SH, S2000, and Acura CL-S 6SPD. Its very quiet. Im hoping that they make one for the fit. Can u guys with cam phones/etc record you cars as the drive by full throttle and normal driving plz. This would def help us all here pick the exhaust we want. Also post the exhaust you have when you do this.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
All right.
I know I've been busy lately and I've received a few pm's from a few peoples asking about my muffler.
I would like to first explain that MY muffler came off a 2004 Honda Civic SI (EP3 Hatch). It was quite used in my opinion, the outside was aging and it had been sawzaw'd off from the original car at a muffler shop (god knows how many years ago).
The twin tips were still shiny chrome so he sold it to me for $50. Install about $60. To me: it looks like it should have come like this from the factory.

I just for giggles Krylon painted the outside in flat black, but

After a year of:
road trips
the salty north and
30,000 miles plus
It's showing it's age.

As any muffler would.
Aftermarket or not.

Ok, I have 2 pictures and a Video.

The Video I uploaded on Youtube.
Some businesses and schools have opted to block this site, but if you are already reading this while at work then it's probably not an issue.

YouTube - Honda Fit Exhaust

The video was taken this morning at 10am. The car had been sitting all night and it was a cold start, meaning all the piping was still cold. It sounds even better once everything has warmed up.
Don't give me shit for revin it before letting it properly warm up, it was starting to rain and I just wanted to get inside.

but I must say:
I would drop my Fit in a second if I could buy one of these here.
YouTube - Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart Version-R

Last edited by GoFits; 05-28-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: blah blah blah
Old 07-04-2007, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Strange

Dude, your neighbor's dog is the one who needs a muffler!

Old 07-08-2007, 06:43 AM
help me out

im looking to get an exhaust system on my car..
but i want a quiet to mild sound..
something that wont make your head turn kind of sound..
but looks agressive..
what should i get?

pics of the system would be a lot helpful..

can anyone help m eout here??

Quick Reply: A nice quiet axle back system?