Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

E-ram superchargers, do they work?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:43 PM
E-ram superchargers, do they work?

I know the general consensus is that electric superchargers are worthless, however Sport Compact Car magazine has a section that gives the impression that the E-Ram electric supercharger won an award for new product at SEMA. The manufacture claims that you will get a 5% gain in HP which is about what you would get from a decent CAI (at least theoretically) and would have the benefit of being easier to install since you do not have to take off the bumper to attach it.

Simply, has anyone every tried something like this or better yet, this particular one that can give some feedback other than "They suck"? If you do not believe they work, then please feel free to give a decent explanation other than "If they worked, wouldn't everyone have one?" No, not necessarily, some people believe a V-8 is better than a V-4 with turbo. Just because they wouldn't buy one doesn't mean a V-4 sucks, now does it? My point is, I am looking for some non-emotional explanations as to why they would or would not work, that's it. Something a little more concrete than "They suck" would be nice.

Thanks,

Utnorris

Old 05-02-2007, 03:28 AM
Banned
SCAM they don't have the capacity to move enough air to make a difference. Check for other scams in other posts same thing wishfull thinking. They have all been tested and found to be scams. closed