Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Cam

Is there any aftermarket cam for the fit right now ?

I'm trying to upgrade the performance but want to stay N/A.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
As of right now there is nothing made for the fits internals save for maybe custom pistons and connecting rods. Doesnt mean something cant be made with a donor cam and some R&D time but the question is who will be the one to invest in the L15A motor. It seems most just do a K20 swap and call it good considering the aftermarket support has already been established for that motor.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
I dont wanna b like every1 else and swap a k20, I wanna kick some1's ass with a 1.5 single cam lol

Old 05-27-2007, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
no kidding, and define everyone? How many people actually have a k20 swap? And I am not talking about some performance shop in Japan...how many everyday average joes have a K20 swap on this board? It would be alot cooler to have a L15 modified, because you can do it one step at a time instead of having to drop 8 grand on an entire swap...

Old 05-27-2007, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
theres alot of ppl here that have k swapped, or want k swapped engines, no one thinks these engines can do anything

Old 05-27-2007, 09:54 PM
First off I've seen some older single cam turbo engines make close to 450hp. I think that modding the L15 is a good way to go because you won't change the handling as much. Im sure a k20 is slightly heaver than a L15. Plus your utilizing what the car came with. Now Im not against the k engines. I love them and if I could do the swap and keep my a/c I would. But, I don't know if you can keep the a/c. Other wise I will be purchasing the JR 10psi supercharger for the L15. I think that will make me happy for the time being. But if anyone can tell me that you can keep the a/c with a K swap, I'm all over it!

Old 05-28-2007, 12:57 AM
the L15 is a very capable engine, i have pushed the L15 to some pretty high limits and it just laughs... the clutch is strong the tranny is strong, the engine is strong... can't go wrong with the L15

Old 05-28-2007, 03:45 AM
Originally Posted by Hondady
First off I've seen some older single cam turbo engines make close to 450hp. I think that modding the L15 is a good way to go because you won't change the handling as much. Im sure a k20 is slightly heaver than a L15. Plus your utilizing what the car came with. Now Im not against the k engines. I love them and if I could do the swap and keep my a/c I would. But, I don't know if you can keep the a/c. Other wise I will be purchasing the JR 10psi supercharger for the L15. I think that will make me happy for the time being. But if anyone can tell me that you can keep the a/c with a K swap, I'm all over it!
Yes, you can keep your a/c. I've asked the owner of the pink fit with a k20 swap here in the Philippines and confirmed that he was able to keep his a/c. Don't know about the hasport kit though

Old 05-28-2007, 04:38 AM
5 Year Member
I myself honestly would not mind pushing the L15 to see how far it can be taken. Its true I dont see the little motor ever making 700hp ...ever but who is to know. Question is what is the Higherst HP L15 right now in the world? With a sleeved black, piston, connecting rods what is the new weakness of the motor? The crank ? Speaking of cranks what about a displacement increase..1.6lt to 1.8 lt... I guess anyone can go on all day with hypothetical questions but it will come down to several popped motors before all the answers can be discovered. Oh yes the original post was about cams. .. Cams on a SOHC ..that will end up sacrificing some area of your powerband to increase it in another. So it comes down to if you wont good lowend performance or good high end .Also your idle will end up suffering . Yes DOHC seems to be a better choice when it comes to performance

Old 05-30-2007, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Colt Cams - Custom camshaft grinding and designing Will do custom cam for any car, just buy the camshaft from Honda Parts and Honda Accessories from Bernardi Parts and send it to them!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackgd3
Yes, you can keep your a/c. I've asked the owner of the pink fit with a k20 swap here in the Philippines and confirmed that he was able to keep his a/c. Don't know about the hasport kit though
Use the K20 compressor and make custom lines and you are good to go!

Old 05-30-2007, 04:32 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Colt Cams - Custom camshaft grinding and designing Will do custom cam for any car, just buy the camshaft from Honda Parts and Honda Accessories from Bernardi Parts and send it to them!
Regrinds arent the best thing. Its cheap easy Hp, but from what Ive been told it doesnt last. Not to mention shims normally need to be added.

And no one knows anything about these motor; internally. You can just send Colt a OEM cam and tell them to grind it and expect it to work. Im sure if you sent them a dyno of YOUR car in its current stage (mods) and told them what you want they could try.

Im sure they would end up needing the car on a dyno in front of them though. Theres many people that get regrinds for the Mx6/Probes. But since no one knows anything about the motors the only gains are HP curve clean ups. Thats it.

EDIT.
As for motor swaps. Anyone thought of the Civic R18A1? Puts down 120whp stock, Im sure its light, (1.8L) and I wouldnt doubt if it almost bolts it. Still gets good MPG also.
Better than the K20

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 05-30-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
There are no aftermarket cams for the Fit as of yet, and so in keeping the L15 engine and going N/A unlike the JRSC of T1R turbo, There are many things to consider and to get real good HP out of N/A it takes FINE tunning, much finer than boost.

The person who started this thread may or may not know about what he was asking when he was getting into the N/A performance of the stock engine, but asking if there are any performance cams out there yet.... THE ANSWER IS NO.

Anyone can do what they want just do it informed, make sure that a reputable shop is going to work with you in advise and tuning, and then if you have someting figured out, call colt cams and send them a stock cam and get it ground to spec.

(I'm sorry if I was being to easy in my choice of words to let people know of a place that will custom grind anything! Especially for a car that no one is making cams for......) Don't send them any cam you find off the street and expect it to double your housepower! And don't send them a stock Fit Cam expecting them to grind that cam to help you, as mentioned, without them knowing about your cars plans and present engine internal modification and bolt-ons. Dyno's help.

Also as for the R18 engine, in what way is it better than the K20?!@#?? Unless you were referring to MPG then yes.

Last edited by gettinafit; 05-30-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Whoa....
You seem a little mad there. I was just stating that getting a regrind for a motor that know one knows about probably wont get a big gain.

I didnt say that the R18 is better than the K20. Just stating its a different motor choice. Decent WHP, still economy, lighter, CHEAP.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
Whoa....
You seem a little mad there. I was just stating that getting a regrind for a motor that know one knows about probably wont get a big gain.

I didnt say that the R18 is better than the K20. Just stating its a different motor choice. Decent WHP, still economy, lighter, CHEAP.
No i was just being more correct, even though being long winded.

I just figured that posting Colt was easy enough, but you are correct also!

After I yank my L15 in a couple of weeks, someone can buy up my old engine and get it worked, and then when it's ready swa it out for their stock L15 and then pass that on!....Get it? PM if interested in the old Engine!!

Last edited by gettinafit; 05-31-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gettinafit
No i was just being more correct, even though being long winded.

I just figured that posting Colt was easy enough, but you are correct also!

After I yank my L15 in a couple of weeks, someone can buy up my old engine and get it worked, and then when it's ready swa it out for their stock L15 and then pass that on!....Get it? PM if interested in the old Engine!!

That is a damm good idea!!!!!!

Too bad I don't have the money for something like that, hell I don't even have a job anymore!!!!!

Old 06-06-2007, 05:55 PM
with cams you need retainers and springs , and you need to modify the air/fuel ratios , ecu reflash would be ideal , but . . no one has plans for any said mods for this car . . and its only been less than a year for this car to be in the states , its a miracle we have 3 turbo kits out now for it :lol:

Old 06-06-2007, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
its been a year already, but good point, I think the shops are working a little hard and we should have some patients, BUT whoever comes out with some N/A parts for this car is taking a good investment!

Old 06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
5 Year Member
I think have read before that LAST STATION in Japan has aftermarket cam for L15.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:16 PM
i dont see anyone making cms state side for at least 2 years, even jays said nothing doin right now , i think it would be cool to see a 1.6 strocker come out for the car, but consdier the price of all the work involved for our little "sipper"

yall want ponies get a 93 hatch shell for $500 and a b16 or a gsr motor

we are not gonna break records in this car without a kswap

i'm happy beating yarrisseses :lol:

Quick Reply: Cam