Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Exhaust Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Exhaust Help

I am new to all this mod business, but i do know what i want and i just wanted to ask for some help from the fit experts. I am planning on getting a t1r carbon intake soon for my sport AT (does it even work with the AT or only MT?) and normally i would also get the t1r exhaust , but i wanted just a cosmetic use for the exhaust so i didn't want noise coming out of the exhaust. Is there any good looking exhaust thats blue for cosmetic purposes only. thank you.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:18 AM
Retired Moderator
Well, i dont think they make a exhaust that looks like it makes noise but doesnt lol..I know of a few axle backs that arent loud, sound better then stock, and look better then stock. This list is my opinion only(not everyone will agree)

1. Megan Racing
2.HKS
3.HFP

Those are my top three favs, im in the market for an exhaust so ive done alot of research. I dont want anything loud either so these are all pretty quiet.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:17 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the input TOOL. It really helped because i am kind of stuck on the megan racing sound, even if it does make a little noise, it isn't that bad. Do you know if there are any pure black "single tube" exhausts that are just like the megan racing because they have a pure black one for an Evo.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Retired Moderator
I dont know of an exhaust that comes painted black, but i know of people who have painted theirs and make it look really nice.

Im going to go with the Megan axle back, because its the cheapest and sounds the best IMO..When i get im going to leave the dual tips the same and paint the rest of it...Ill let you know how it turns out!

Old 09-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Modifications

umiekun I am new to all this mod business, but i do know what i want and i just wanted to ask for some help from the fit experts. I am planning on getting a t1r carbon intake soon for my sport AT (does it even work with the AT or only MT?) and normally i would also get the t1r exhaust , but i wanted just a cosmetic use for the exhaust so i didn't want noise coming out of the exhaust. Is there any good looking exhaust thats blue for cosmetic purposes only. thank you.
I would recommend getting a K&N Drop in filter.. I dislike the Cold Air Intakes on Rainy Days. The short ram filters do not make much more horsepower than the drop in filter. The exhaust I would say would be your best bet is the spoon axle back.. Cat Backs add more decibels and remove catalytic converters. If you are looking for custom work, I know someone local who does excellent work.

I hope that helps Jason

Old 09-30-2007, 05:20 PM
5 Year Member
Sup Jason,
I don't know if we saw each other at the meet, but i'm david (VBP fit) if that helps. I already got the megan racing axle back before the meet and i love how its not too loud and it looks a little stock and not too modded, ricey. But i am thinking of getting a t1r carbon or the last station PB before the next meet. Hope to see u at the october meet or the november micro meet. Thanks for the input man.
-umiekun aka david

Old 10-01-2007, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by umiekun
Sup Jason,
I don't know if we saw each other at the meet, but i'm david (VBP fit) if that helps. I already got the megan racing axle back before the meet and i love how its not too loud and it looks a little stock and not too modded, ricey. But i am thinking of getting a t1r carbon or the last station PB before the next meet. Hope to see u at the october meet or the november micro meet. Thanks for the input man.
-umiekun aka david
You want a Power Box, you need a Power Box, you want a Power Box, you neeeed a Power Box . . . j/k Power Box is a great intake, have had one on my Fit for just going on a year now and love it. No problems whatsoever, great gains, JDM stylin' goodness too. You can read about it on my website in the DIY/Mods section, and in the older news entries there from Aug. and Sept. of last year; links in my sig.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
If you want quite, DO NOT get the Spoon exhaust. It's freaking loud even around 2500 RPM (and I love it for that). I sugest Tanabe for their quality and because they're below 93 decibals (spell?)

Old 10-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
If you want quite, DO NOT get the Spoon exhaust. It's freaking loud even around 2500 RPM (and I love it for that). I sugest Tanabe for their quality and because they're below 93 decibals (spell?)
Loving my spoon N1, I would agree that Tanabe makes exhausts that are quiet.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
Sup guys thanks for all the input, but i already got an exhaust, the megan racing axle back. I thought you would've noticed james since i was at the meet til the end wit ya, but i guess my car is insignificant next to ur beast :'(. As for the intake, i am getting the powerbox. Hopefully it treats me well.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by JamesBizzle
Decibels (just FYI)

Old 10-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Banned
Like Chikubi says, Powerbox has had no detractors here, and everyone who has posted about their T1R intakes has been very happy. K&N SRI is a rip-off, and the only SRI on the market that has to be completely taken apart to clean or change the filter. Oops- forgive the rant- just noticed that you bought the Powerbox and don't need any more advice. Good work!

Last edited by manxman; 10-02-2007 at 11:17 AM.