Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

TURBO manifold

Old 10-10-2007, 02:43 AM
TURBO manifold

hola! i think it's time for me to start piecing together a turbo kit for el FIT... or at least figure out the prices.
does anybody know where i can buy a turbo manifold?? it could be cast iron, stainless steel, or even mild steel.
i did some rough calculation for parts and it came out to be roughly $1100 for everything new, minus the turbo mani.
so yeah, if anyone knows where i can buy one, let me know. you peeps that are friends with aj-racing crew, try to get them to sell the turbo manifold alone with out the kit.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:08 AM
5 Year Member
why not get one custom built. buy the turbo, get a flange built custom using the dimensions of the stock headers and take it 2 a custom welder that can build u somethin dopeee.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
why not get one custom built. buy the turbo, get a flange built custom using the dimensions of the stock headers and take it 2 a custom welder that can build u somethin dopeee.
that would be my last resort. a custom built manifold would probably cost $600+ well out of my budget. my power goal is only 140-150hp so i dont need a custom manifold, id rather bolt one on because they already have the placement of the turbo figured out and such.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:24 AM
no one knows?

Old 10-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Banned
your parents wouldn't let you have rear disc's and they're going to allow you to put in a turbo??

Old 10-11-2007, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore
your parents wouldn't let you have rear disc's and they're going to allow you to put in a turbo??
Why you got to be like that claymore?! I am sure he is thinking about the future and if anything let the man DREAM. Dreams are important. I have one also which is TURBO.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by claymore
the brakes are a critical safety system on the car, if it fails then i could die. i understood their concerns so i took it off to make them happy. my rear disc setup work great and i loved it, they are still in a box sitting in the garage, my parent's know that i will be putting it back on in the future.
as for the turbo, im no idiot. i can build my own set up if i wanted to, it isn't that hard. I have all the tools i need welders, a band saw,grinders etc.. which i know how to use. My brother has a WRX (turbo) so we are always tweaking with the thing and my parent's don't seem to care much about it. just when we start to mess with safety features, my parents flip their wigs!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Hey..

I made my fit turbo. All you could do is go to an Honda parts dealer and ask for the manifold gasket somewhere around $20. You take it to a Machine Shop and ask him to do the manifold. I made mine simple, 4 elbows connecting from the left hole to the right hole and the middle ones at them. small and simple t03 powered

Old 04-03-2008, 01:09 PM
5 Year Member
Yep, it's about the cheapest way. There are no parts I've seen for the Fit. No one sells just a manifold, they may come with time. You can buy "Weld Els" and just make a real basic one. The turbo flange you can buy though from Turbo shops online. Just get one to match whatever turbine housing you end up with.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:31 PM
True

but, buying the gasket is much cheaper, and therefore if you want your manifold to be cast iron, you'll probably end up paying about $300 max for the whole thing. Whereas, you can buy the things by piece, and I'm not sure but it would probably end up costing more.

Old 04-04-2008, 01:42 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
get the best material as possible. cast iron is pretty reliable, mild steel is worst. SS can get pricey, and fabrication requires some skill. you dont want the mani to fail or crack on u.

I'd say save your money, then buy a kit. It'll be cheaper and much less work in the long run. Fabrication solely depends on if u can find good people to work on your car. You can have really pretty piping with clean welds or the other nasty picture. A kit, u're guaranteed on what u buy, no wait time.

Still going to use the AEM FI/C? i'm watching a development project with someone attempting to use the FI/C on a 3.5L swapped TL. If it goes well, i'll let u know more info on it.

shoot, i bumped an old thread. my bad

Old 04-04-2008, 03:49 AM
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
get the best material as possible. cast iron is pretty reliable, mild steel is worst. SS can get pricey, and fabrication requires some skill. you dont want the mani to fail or crack on u.

I'd say save your money, then buy a kit. It'll be cheaper and much less work in the long run. Fabrication solely depends on if u can find good people to work on your car. You can have really pretty piping with clean welds or the other nasty picture. A kit, u're guaranteed on what u buy, no wait time.

Still going to use the AEM FI/C? i'm watching a development project with someone attempting to use the FI/C on a 3.5L swapped TL. If it goes well, i'll let u know more info on it.

shoot, i bumped an old thread. my bad
i've got the F/IC installed in my car, so far it's responding really good no hiccups.
right now im just waiting for my flange from WEIR TECH so i can start on the manifold.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:13 PM
i want feedback from you on how it "fits".

Old 04-16-2008, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by weiRtech
i want feedback from you on how it "fits".
looking forward to trying out the flanges as well.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:19 AM
Oh snaps, welcome to fitfreak Aaron! ill test fit it as soon as the flange gets to my door, then you can officially release the L15 flange

Old 04-17-2008, 08:01 AM
thanks, i appreciate it.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
if there is a manifold out there, i want to custom build my kit. thats the only thing that is holding me back at the moment.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT
if there is a manifold out there, i want to custom build my kit. thats the only thing that is holding me back at the moment.
it shouldn't hold you back, build one yourself or have someone build it for you.
once im done with my manifold ill probably build a jig and send it out to a fabricator so they can produce it.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
yeah we shall see.

ive got the money right now for the t1r kit. but i figured ill give me stuff a shot. call up some shops and see if they can build me a kit. fabricating isnt my thing.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:12 PM
if someone local to me with a fit was interested in doing a setup, or atleast letting me use their car for mock up, then i could make up some jigs and start selling stuff at really reasonable prices. i'm doing a ford ztec setup for boost at the moment but won't bother with jigs as there isn't much of a demand for the application.

Last edited by weiRtech; 04-17-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TURBO manifold