Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

nos or turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:59 AM
nos or turbo?

can anyone advise me on which i should go for if i want to have better drag timings with stock internals?pls help..

Old 12-13-2007, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
aside from the fact that there are better platforms for outright dragging from honda, i would NEVER nos on a stock engine, and there is realativley little aftermarket internals for the l15.

you can get away with a small turbo or supercharger making little boost and a few bolt ons, but unless you go custom internals, its better to leave your drag racing dreams to another honda.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:06 PM
iHardpark
best advise i can give you don't spray your car unless itd built and you have the money to fix it when it blows. cuz it well blow id go turbo or supercharger

Old 12-13-2007, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, totally agreed.

you know kraftwerks is coming out with a low boost supercharger that increases horsepower by like 40% which is huge. its a newer more efficient type of charger, so efficient it made to work like if it came stock. heck you don't even need an intercooler if you dont want one.

it wont be cheap, but it will be cheaper than buying nos and then having to rebuild your motor.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
yup i agree with all the above posters. don't do the nos

Old 12-16-2007, 11:40 AM
lol @ noob comments about NAWWSSS...

Its NITROUS, NOS is a company, lets get that straight...

also, what makes people think s/c/turboing a car is safer then squeezing? too much boost, BOOM, done...same concept with too much nitrous, but you only waste a couple hundred on the nitrous kit...instead of a couple thousand...

I'd run a wet nitrous system...35hp shot would be safe due to the fits low hp...you could do 50hp with bigger injectors, and running higher octane...when done properly, nitrous is the easiest, cheapest go-fast mod...

Old 12-17-2007, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Whitehybrid
lol @ noob comments about NAWWSSS...

Its NITROUS, NOS is a company, lets get that straight...

also, what makes people think s/c/turboing a car is safer then squeezing? too much boost, BOOM, done...same concept with too much nitrous, but you only waste a couple hundred on the nitrous kit...instead of a couple thousand...

I'd run a wet nitrous system...35hp shot would be safe due to the fits low hp...you could do 50hp with bigger injectors, and running higher octane...when done properly, nitrous is the easiest, cheapest go-fast mod...

because there are plenty of super/turbo chargers out there that are designed to run almost as if they are stock components and have been out longer and have proven reliability?

what good does a couple shots of 'nitrous oxide' do you if you want a car thats quick ALL the time instead of just some of the time?

Old 12-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by eldaino
because there are plenty of super/turbo chargers out there that are designed to run almost as if they are stock components and have been out longer and have proven reliability?

what good does a couple shots of 'nitrous oxide' do you if you want a car thats quick ALL the time instead of just some of the time?
its quick all the time if you keep your bottle full...hell running a shot is actually good on your motor, because it cleans any build up...there are arguements for everything, NOTHING is more reliable then the other under certain circumstences...you want bang for your buck? nitrous is the biggest HP gain for the lowest price...my LT1 car saw 11's on spray, no issues at all...ran it for a year before selling the car...

$500 wet kit

or

3k dollar turbo or s/c

hum...and for those with a warranty, taking out nitrous is WAY easier then turbo/sc apps...

Old 12-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by eldaino
yeah, totally agreed.

you know kraftwerks is coming out with a low boost supercharger that increases horsepower by like 40% which is huge. its a newer more efficient type of charger, so efficient it made to work like if it came stock. heck you don't even need an intercooler if you dont want one.

it wont be cheap, but it will be cheaper than buying nos and then having to rebuild your motor.
Yea I totaly agree these NOOBIES calling their ENGINE a motor... which motor are you refering to the starter motor, the power window motor, wiper motor???

Old 12-18-2007, 03:40 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Whitehybrid
its quick all the time if you keep your bottle full...hell running a shot is actually good on your motor, because it cleans any build up...there are arguements for everything, NOTHING is more reliable then the other under certain circumstences...you want bang for your buck? nitrous is the biggest HP gain for the lowest price...my LT1 car saw 11's on spray, no issues at all...ran it for a year before selling the car...

$500 wet kit

or

3k dollar turbo or s/c

hum...and for those with a warranty, taking out nitrous is WAY easier then turbo/sc apps...

Yep totally which MOTOR are you refering to??? Or did you mean ENGINE??? NOOBIE

Old 12-18-2007, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
wow noobs are great. I love them... the motor thing was kinda dumb, bcuz every1 knew what motor they were talking about

Last edited by George02; 12-18-2007 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:04 PM
imagine a little boosted fit with a 35-50shot of wet nitrous who wouldnt love that

Old 01-26-2008, 12:12 PM
A good mechanic at any dealership will be able to tell if you have been using nitrious. The bottle needs to be squeezed into the intake manifold somehow? They will easily be able to spot the entry point!
Everytime you squeeze the bottle (nitrious) it is like putting 3k miles on your engine. Nitrious is for heavy old american muscle cars that used it to move there heavy cans off the line. It's a quick cheap fix now but you can bet it will be dreary and costly later on.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by tonyd3773
Everytime you squeeze the bottle (nitrious) it is like putting 3k miles on your engine.
i just thought i'd quote that for fun.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:52 PM
LOL...yeah soundz pretty funny!

Old 01-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Have any of you guys actually used nitrous? I have first hand experience that if done properly it will not harm your engine in the least. I would not hesitate to put a 50 shot on an L15. The only thing i worry about is the clutch.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by claymore
Yep totally which MOTOR are you refering to??? Or did you mean ENGINE??? NOOBIE

wtf?

i srsly hope you are joking...cause if not, i have a feeling i'll be getting another warning...LOLZ

FOACAD NUB

Old 01-27-2008, 06:41 PM
A good mechanic at any dealership will be able to tell if you have been using nitrious. The bottle needs to be squeezed into the intake manifold somehow? They will easily be able to spot the entry point!
Everytime you squeeze the bottle (nitrious) it is like putting 3k miles on your engine. Nitrious is for heavy old american muscle cars that used it to move there heavy cans off the line. It's a quick cheap fix now but you can bet it will be dreary and costly later on.

LOL

Put the pipe down son....

Old 01-29-2008, 02:16 PM
We gotta have some fun on these formuz. The only pipe here is my test pipe.... , unfortunetly it DOES give off some fumes .

Old 02-01-2008, 07:45 PM
We gotta have some fun on these formuz. The only pipe here is my test pipe.... , unfortunetly it DOES give off some fumes .
lol

obviously...

Quick Reply: nos or turbo?