Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

whats everyone using these days for tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:52 AM
whats everyone using these days for tuning?

hey guys.

out of curiosity... what's everyone doing these days for tuning the fit? what kind of management are you guys running?

can anyone recommend anything good? please don't recommend me the afc. that's the last thing i'd ever run. i don't care what it has or can do, it's worthless imho. i'm straying away from it.

what needs to be done to the ecu? is there an obd2 or obd1 harness conversion needed to use a tuning program?

thanks

Old 05-01-2008, 02:41 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
in for answers ive read some people are using greddy emanage i dont know if there is a plug and play harness though

Old 05-01-2008, 03:02 AM
yeah.. but the majority of them use not just emanage... but emanage ultimate... and i want to know why they chose that over what else is out there..

maybe because it's one of the only ones available, perhaps?

Old 05-01-2008, 04:18 AM
AEM Fuel/Ignition Controller right here. it's been good so far

Old 05-01-2008, 04:41 AM
is that some sort of piggyback?

Old 05-01-2008, 10:02 AM
RDS
Originally Posted by slip
is that some sort of piggyback?
Yep AEM - Fuel / Ignition Controller (F/IC)*

We used this on one of the customer's 06+ Si's with decent, reliable results.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:41 AM
llooks okay.
but really, i want to stray away from piggyback software as much as possible. i hope they come out with some sort of hondata software to use in the fit.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:00 PM
but really, i want to stray away from piggyback software as much as possible. .
ditto

i refrain from p/b myself

i dont use it on the fit but..

micro tech never fails..
hel tech is good too

Old 05-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
llooks okay.
but really, i want to stray away from piggyback software as much as possible. i hope they come out with some sort of hondata software to use in the fit.
Rumour is that Hondata is supposed to have something in the works for the fit, but who knows when it will come out.

The Greddy E-manage Ultimate is pretty much the best alternative available right now. AJR had a harness ready for me when I went down to have it installed.

Old 05-01-2008, 12:38 PM
RDS
llooks okay.
You're not going to find much of anything in that case. Piggybacking was looked down upon for quite some time, especially with the older cars. I normally vouch on the side of standalones, but in this case, where the original computer controls so much of everything, and the lack of ROM tuning, it's a decent alternative.

That said, I agree with you. But don't look for Hondata to come out with anything before someone else does. I've been hearing rumors of something on the table from a company working close to Honda, but I don't know much about it or if it'll even come to fruition.

Old 05-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
The Greddy E-manage Ultimate is pretty much the best alternative available right now. AJR had a harness ready for me when I went down to have it installed.
yeah. i think emanage ultimate is what i'm probably going to end up using... unless someone comes out with something better by the time i get my intake manifold.

rds, yes ii understand it's a decent alternative. i was really just seeing what's out on the market right now. i'm not going to be buying anything for a while, because i don't even have the car yet. i'm just scoping out my options and seeing what's avialble and seeing how soon something else may come out

like i said... my car is still on the cargo coming from japan... but i already ordered parts for it. lolll. hopefully i get it soon

Old 05-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Banned
why do people change the ecu's on fits?

what's the purpose?

i know it's not for cars with turbo only..

cause i know a dude with a del sol,

and he's running all motor with a greddy emanage,

but what's it for?

Old 05-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by mikow
why do people change the ecu's on fits?

what's the purpose?

i know it's not for cars with turbo only..

cause i know a dude with a del sol,

and he's running all motor with a greddy emanage,

but what's it for?
How else would we add/subtract fuel and control ignition timing?

Old 05-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by quangalang
How else would we add/subtract fuel and control ignition timing?
enlighten me with this please.

i don't have knowledge on this.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:31 PM
the ecu is very.. hmm... restrictive..
really the ecu is only determining fuel, ignition, and other stuff by using the sensors on the car (map,maf,tps, etc).

with most standard ecu's, you can't tune through it. you need some sort of external program linked with the ecu to make afr adjustments and what not.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member

Think of your ECU as a greedy old millionaire, he has lots of money but he never goes out and spends it for anything fun. The Piggy-Back is like his 25 year old wife, she drags him out under false pretences and spends his money like crazy doing all kind of fun stuff

So much like the greedy old man your ECU is conservative as all hell to save fuel... no fun... only saving. Along comes a sexy Greddy E-Manage and next thing you know it is sending all kinds of modified engine sensor signals that trick the ECU into letting out some of that extra fuel (in a well thought out guided manor) for some fun.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Think of your ECU as a greedy old millionaire, he has lots of money but he never goes out and spends it for anything fun. The Piggy-Back is like his 25 year old wife, she drags him out under false pretences and spends his money like crazy doing all kind of fun stuff

So much like the greedy old man your ECU is conservative as all hell to save fuel... no fun... only saving. Along comes a sexy Greddy E-Manage and next thing you know it is sending all kinds of modified engine sensor signals that trick the ECU into letting out some of that extra fuel (in a well thought out guided manor) for some fun.
good description +rep for you

Old 05-02-2008, 01:48 PM
5 Year Member

that is perfect! cheered me up at work.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:29 PM
my explanation didn't?

Old 05-03-2008, 02:55 AM
Banned
the ecu is very.. hmm... restrictive..
really the ecu is only determining fuel, ignition, and other stuff by using the sensors on the car (map,maf,tps, etc).

with most standard ecu's, you can't tune through it. you need some sort of external program linked with the ecu to make afr adjustments and what not.

The Jazz/Fit does NOT have a MAF.

Quick Reply: whats everyone using these days for tuning?