Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v3.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Former Vendor
We are strictly a Research and Development facility. We only do installs during testing.

-OJR

Old 05-21-2008, 06:33 PM
i only have about 8600 miles on my Fit, so it will be WHILE before my warranty goes out, and id rather not wait that long. id like to think i could get one of these SCs by Christmas or next spring, sooner if i cut some corners on my finances.....or even SOONER if i hit up as many blood banks and sperm banks as i can.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:39 PM
about that warranty thing im at 28k miles and i just got one year under my belt ...lol...so ill probably be at 36k by the end of summer

Old 05-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Well there goes my joy. The serpentine belt is now touching between the auto tensioner and the water pump. The auto tensioner is pushing the belt against itself where the water pump is and is making an awful sound when started. We moved the alternator half way forward yesterday, gained 1/8" clearance or less, was able to get home, but tried starting it up now and that sound is back. Anyone else have this problem? The image from the instruction manual shows the belt should have 1/2"-1" of clearance.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
Well there goes my joy. The serpentine belt is now touching between the auto tensioner and the water pump. The auto tensioner is pushing the belt against itself where the water pump is and is making an awful sound when started. We moved the alternator half way forward yesterday, gained 1/8" clearance or less, was able to get home, but tried starting it up now and that sound is back. Anyone else have this problem? The image from the instruction manual shows the belt should have 1/2"-1" of clearance.
Was the Rotrex unit adjustable at all? Or is it fixed position, just curious. Email KW tech support directly...
The tensioner must be pressing on the middle pulley on the right (from the install pdf):

Last edited by xorbe; 05-21-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
has anyone asked about how much the injector upgrade is goin to be on top of the kit ??? someone LMK?? if yall do no

Old 05-21-2008, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
The price is listed at kraftwerksusa.com website.

So I read all the way through the mt/at installation instructions. The only thing, it didn't mention when a good time to reinstall the exhaust header is, if one decides to do that instead of popping the passenger drive axle.

Is it okay as the last step to install the stock/upgraded header?

Old 05-21-2008, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
the info for how much the injector upgrade is on the first page of this thread.

I'm suprised at the amount of people who are installing it themselves...i wonder how much i'm gonna have to throw down to get it done professionally.

OJR: is the hondata version going to be available to us a/t guys?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xorbe
The price is listed at kraftwerksusa.com website.

So I read all the way through the mt/at installation instructions. The only thing, it didn't mention when a good time to reinstall the exhaust header is, if one decides to do that instead of popping the passenger drive axle.

Is it okay as the last step to install the stock/upgraded header?
install the header after the supercharger is mounted fully and before you run the pipes. that is what i did because imo once the pipes are in space is even more limited.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
simply tagging this thread...

Old 05-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Illusive- we will be hanging on your every word as to the cause/solution to this rubbing issue-- so please keep us posted.

Does the supercharger completely void your whole warranty? Or is it just powertrain? I'm thinking it's the old case where the warranty is only void if the warranty claim problem was caused by the aftermarket part. So if my stereo screws up, warranty is not voided by having a s/c (bad example, but you see my point).

But I guess there's a lot of "connected" systems the dealer/Honda could trace back and say "this problem is due (in some way) to having this supercharger". hmmmm. JDMChris or OJR, any input? It's a major mod, so there's simple risk involved, of course.

It's a Honda afterall, so my thought tends to be "warranty-schmwarranty", but that's easy to say now when everything is fine and I have no claims.

Seems the odds of the s/c itself causing a problem/system failure is pretty remote, but it would suck to have true "defect" not be honored by the dealer simply because you have a s/c.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jsensk
Illusive- we will be hanging on your every word as to the cause/solution to this rubbing issue-- so please keep us posted.
Illusive and I are discussing this currently. As stated, our kits fit with no issues and have plenty of clearance between the tensioner and water pump. Something strange is occurring with Illusive's Fit.

-OJR

Old 05-22-2008, 03:00 PM
I Hope You Guys Can Resolve This

Old 05-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Former Vendor
We have never had this issue, and others that have installed their kits have not had this issue. It would not be smart of us to release a kit with a belt issue, and we didn't. Something strange is occurring on, of course, Illusive's Fit.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Hey It Happened's Nothing Is Perfect...

Old 05-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Retired Moderator
Yeah I somehow always have a problem with parts for my car...weird...well I'm hoping I can go 4 for 4, had problem with CC when buying it, but it shipped on time, then had a problem with customs, but they were able to release it for pickup on the same day, then the injector harnesses I missed, thought it would have been delayed, but turns out I got it without having someone home to pick it up. Hopefully I have enough luck left over to get this problem solved before tomorrow.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Well if it's one thing we do know it's KW and OJR will not rest until it's fixed.

Those guys are on it big time.

Old 05-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Alright guys, sorry I've been offline for so long. I have next to NO computer access anymore...
My installation, although tedious, went thru without a hitch. It was just me and a friend, in my garage, all weekend long. But all in all, this thing is TIME AND MONEY WELL SPENT. GREAT NOW I CANT GET CAPS LOCK OFF... HOLD ON A MINUTE LMAO... Thats better... stupid computers lol...

Anyway, the kit is amazing, the gains are undeniable, although i must say, im definitely getting the hondata reflash when its available... this is like the only pic i have at the time since i left my memory card in my car lol>>>
Name:  0521081541.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  78.9 KB

So sorry i gotta run, im not gonna be on that often, just wanted everyone to know how awesome this thing is... thanks 4 ALL your help Brian and Oscar... anybody can feel free to pm me, it might just take a while for me to respond lol.... gotta run, PEACE GUYS!!!

Last edited by REXXXXXXXXX; 05-22-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
Pics and vids soon...

Going out now to take some pics n' vids. Any requests? I'll do some steady cruising, acceleration, revs, and probably a highway onramp (hopefully both in-car and out-of-car).

Also, issues....
Some rattling, but I think it's the brake lines and/or AC cable tapping while under load. Someone in the version 2.1 thread mentioned it, but the thread was closed. Figured this would be a good spot to post.

Muffler is off, I think I like the sound (will get vids, plz give me some input and feedback). Off to shoot

Old 05-22-2008, 07:35 PM
muffler off??? like no muffler or piping?? isnt that bad

Quick Reply: KraftWerks Supercharger Kit Info v3.0