Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Turbo or Supercharger? help me fitfreakers!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
Exclamation Turbo or Supercharger? help me fitfreakers!

Hey fellow fitfreakers,

Well im looking at getting Forced induction for my automatic fit , this is what i mainly use my fit for : i do lots of city driving, canyons is like my 2nd home =] , and i just need that extra power.I love my fit , but if it had a little more power ,so i could feel the car moving wouldnt be bad.
So what do you guys suggest me getting?
I was thinking of buying it by august ive also heard about the 10psi?... well let me know

thanks
Sincerely,
Arlen

Old 06-19-2008, 03:35 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
if you are installing yourself, supercharger. if you are having someone else do it, turbo.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
Depends on where you wanna make power? lower to mid? or mid to higher RPMs?

P.S. My MPG has increased since I've been boosted.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:11 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
a supercharger would be better for daily driving
definitely with that new 10 psi kit coming out.
but if you want more power, a turbo...

just my .02

Old 06-19-2008, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
I say neither...just means you'll be paying more for gas. (premium) JK

Old 06-19-2008, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
i would say turbo...because we all know canyon driving is mainly high reving second gear and pushing 3rd on the main corners.

im looking at the turbo, since i like doing a bunch of canyon runs.

ps. haha my fiance told me last night that I need to go canyon running again. (i havn't in like months)

Old 06-19-2008, 02:55 PM
I like your fiance already lol

Old 06-19-2008, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
yeah because we took a back road home from the fair(which we also take to the beach) and its through a neighborhood(rich) and nobody really drives on that road. so yesturday i was going through it pretty fast. and all the sudden she says " you need to go canyon running again" i was like..." WHAT?"

i havnt gone because i cant risk anything anymore......im living with tight budgets....so wasting gas and such is not a good idea. but i really want to though. i get asked a lot to go...and really want to test out my new tires and rims.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:13 PM
doooo ittttttt

Old 06-19-2008, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the replied guys ,your really helping me ! =]
I also wanted to know if i get turbo , does it have a lag if it does is it bad or just , i mean it doesnt have lots of power , but still just curious =]

Old 06-19-2008, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxmostwantedxxx
Thanks for the replied guys ,your really helping me ! =]
I also wanted to know if i get turbo , does it have a lag if it does is it bad or just , i mean it doesnt have lots of power , but still just curious =]
From what I've read, and from my own experience, both the Greddy and HKS Turbo kits start to spool at 2.5k; So there's practically no lag and no need for a recirculater either.

I have no knowledge or experience with the T1R though.

Power wise, it'll depend on who's kit you're planning on running and how much boost you'll be pushing. I have the GReddy kit and though it's not "break yo' neck" fast, it's definitely a big jump from stock. I'm sure that the same goes for the HKS because they put out about the same whp @ 4.5psi ...

Last edited by JamesBizzle; 07-02-2008 at 04:29 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
which kits are AT friendly? i know that the kwsc kit doesnt give 10psi for autos, or they dont plan on it.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
if daily driving is your thing, and you want to ensure maximum engine life, go the kraftwerks sc route: the rotrex unit is very easy on the engine and tranny and it also runs very cool for F.I..

the review in siphon also noted how nice the linear power delivery was exiting out of corners.

with the rotrex there is no compromise: no power only down low and in the midrange like a regular sc, and no laggy, only up top power like a turbo.

there is power everywhere and the higher you rev, the more there is available.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:01 AM
I had both a root supercharger and now a twin turbo on my G35, and what a difference in torque and top end. Once you get a turbo, you will never go back to a supercharger. The only problem though...if you are in CA, it will be illegal unless you have a CARB EO number and passing smog...well, don't think about that.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:07 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
wow mok5
your avatar is SICK!!!!
hahahahahahaha
crazy.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks Kyle That's my Jim wolf TT G35 with dual intercoolers.

But i still love my Fit.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mok5
I had both a root supercharger and now a twin turbo on my G35, and what a difference in torque and top end. Once you get a turbo, you will never go back to a supercharger. The only problem though...if you are in CA, it will be illegal unless you have a CARB EO number and passing smog...well, don't think about that.

the rotrex isn't a roots.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
now i don't really know a whole lot about turbos and stuff
but really, what kind of low end power do they give you?

Old 06-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by eldaino
the rotrex isn't a roots.
Never had the rotrex on my G35, but i did have the Stillen root SC and TT. Just speaking from experience. I know the one for the FIT is a rotrex.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by eldaino
if daily driving is your thing, and you want to ensure maximum engine life, go the kraftwerks sc route: the rotrex unit is very easy on the engine and tranny and it also runs very cool for F.I..

the review in siphon also noted how nice the linear power delivery was exiting out of corners.

with the rotrex there is no compromise: no power only down low and in the midrange like a regular sc, and no laggy, only up top power like a turbo.

there is power everywhere and the higher you rev, the more there is available.
a properly tuned turbocharger setup will be JUST as reliable and give just the same engine life as the supercharger, and the t1r kit doesn't run much hotter if any than the jrsc.

and if you look at the bluecell's turbo dyno charts, he doesn't have laggy(not at all, in fact, when the spool is at 2.5k rpms), up top power, he has smooth, impressive(more impressive than jsrc!) power. 175hp without even using a boost controller in the turbo fit vs. the sc with 145hp with the equivalent "stage".

a turbo is cooler anyways! you get turbo whistle and the bov WHOOSH if you want! plus that spike of power when you hit 2500 rpms is a completely different feeling than the supercharger, and in my opinion much more exciting. Plus, if you want, you don't have to use that power(IE snow/ice), just stay under 3k rpms, unlike the SC where it's always there even when you don't want it!

however my vote is for neither :-P I say go nitrous!

$600 for a kit, $400 will get it installed WITH all the safety precautions to make it just as reliable as your TC/SC option with just as much power for 1/4 the price!

Quick Reply: Turbo or Supercharger? help me fitfreakers!