Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

To suck or not to suck? That is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 02:28 AM
To suck or not to suck? That is the question.

I just bought my Fit two months ago and I'm very pleased. I'm on a quest for superior gas mileage and I was wondering if it's worth installing some kind of after market intake system? If so what would be the best possible set up I can get and why? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-21-2008, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
yes a intake system would hep out gas mileage greatly only if you drive normal, if you stomp on it all the time because you want to hear the sound then ull get worse gas mileage. also ive noticed that the more you clean the filter the better gas mileage you get. i think its extremely worth it. i have a HPS CAI and i love it, its a very nice system and its not complete junk. a cold air intake would help out more because it sucks in cold air rather than all that hot air under ur hood, it extremely helps on free way driving. i got atleast 50 mpg to the tank since i installed the intake. i hope i helped

Old 06-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ericmalvarez
I just bought my Fit two months ago and I'm very pleased. I'm on a quest for superior gas mileage and I was wondering if it's worth installing some kind of after market intake system? If so what would be the best possible set up I can get and why? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Gas mileage change is pretty negligible from what I have seen, CAI's will give you the most gain but only in the mid and upper end and you sacrifice some throttle response. Chambered intakes provide the best response in the lower and mid, but perform the same as the SRI's in the upper end. SRI's give you a less intense response than the chambered but are still good for squeezing some extra ponies out from under the hood.

My vote is for CAI (Cold Air Intake), if you drive an Auto your only choice is the Injen CAI. If you drive manual there are a few other options; good ones are the A-Spec, Fujita, AEM (with anti-hydrolock valve). As far as I know Fujita makes the only one-piece CAI still.

Other options are Chambered intakes, they provide more low end and mid range response, not as much upper end as a CAI, but still more than stock. good ones are the T1R and the H-Fit. There is one from Moshimoto, but there are some fitment issues with it.

If you want a SRI (Short Ram Intake), there is a homemade one by SID. It is as good as any after market one IMO.

Search around in this thread, you will find all the info you need.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 06-21-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
SSR Intake FTW!!

Old 06-21-2008, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sid 6.7
SSR Intake FTW!!
Agreed +1 =D