Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   HKS Turbo kit (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/27171-hks-turbo-kit.html)

gd3kamiwanaB 08-25-2008 11:02 AM

well even when i get tuned and if i make the same horse power as T1R it is still 500 dollars cheaper and thats with the injectors and a cat delete. to me it is just 2 much work and money for kit. and yes T1R and AJ racing FU(Ked me ROYAL but i still think the HKS kit is the superior kit.

JDMchris.com 08-25-2008 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by YeeFit (Post 405299)
HKS Kit = :D
T1R Kit = :D
gd3kamiwanaB's Attitude = FAIL.

https://threadbombing.com/data/media...enilold1bv.jpg

YeeFit 08-25-2008 12:49 PM

I guess to each his own.. I like both kits, but one suits everyone differently..

As for pricing, the T1R Kit is 3895 which includes the BOV, Injectors, and Cat Delete.

The HKS Kit is 3495 + BOV ($300), + Injectors ($150), + Cat Delete ($250), also you need to add the tuning and dyno time to adjust to the new parts which probably costs around $300.

So, I'm not sure where you get the HKS kit being $500 less with all those additions.

GD3_Wagoon 08-25-2008 01:22 PM

my money's with the HKS kit only because it's CARB legal. if i didn't live in cali, i would definitely go with the t1r kit because it already has the out-of-the-box numbers that i'm looking to achieve [eventually] for my Fit.

i'm also in favor of the HKS kit because of it's 'learning curve.' since it doesn't have a [relatively] huge power gain from stock, i can learn the new driving characteristics gradually and quite possibly avoid an accident :o. i'm not used to driving 'fast' cars 'fast' - speaking in terms of relativity here, 135whp in a 2500 lb car is fast to me LoL - so i welcome the opportunity to learn how to drive a 'faster' Fit 'slowly' :)

gd3kamiwanaB 08-25-2008 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by YeeFit (Post 405392)
I guess to each his own.. I like both kits, but one suits everyone differently..

As for pricing, the T1R Kit is 3895 which includes the BOV, Injectors, and Cat Delete.

The HKS Kit is 3495 + BOV ($300), + Injectors ($150), + Cat Delete ($250), also you need to add the tuning and dyno time to adjust to the new parts which probably costs around $300.

So, I'm not sure where you get the HKS kit being $500 less with all those additions.

ok first off hks kit $2900
cat delete and exhaust $100 any local muffler shop
injectors $400
thus wwill make 170 hp easy if not more in my book that is about $500 less then $3900

hks= FTW:D
T1R=FTL:(
YEEFIT= get your facts stright

kelsodeez 08-25-2008 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB (Post 405497)
injectors $400
thus wwill make 170 hp easy if not more in my book that is about $500 less then $3900

my dyno numbers> your dyno numbers

T1R ftw!!!!:p

haha im just messin with you. i would like to see you get the same numbers as i get without the help of an MBC. then i will be impressed and i will bow to the HKS kit. but as of now, T1R>HKS.

nothing like a friendly HP competition. :wavey:

Spooling 08-25-2008 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by YeeFit (Post 405392)

no sir. T1R doesn't do retail whereas HKS does. Therefore the HKS kit price is much lower than MSRP. As time goes, the retail price will decrease further due to competition. T1R or AJR however you want to call them have a static price. Regardless, the price is just part of the factor.
Moreover, HKS is a much superior brand. The consumers, especially US residents whom have never heard of T1R, would naturally lean towards HKS. The quality is top notch, to the point they specifically R&Ded them for the USDM Fit achieving CARB legal status.
The advantages of the HKS kit outweighs the few pony games of the T1R kit. That's good enough for me to make my decision.

YeeFit 08-25-2008 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB (Post 405497)
injectors $400

You think what you need to.. the HKS kit RETAILS at 3500. Yes, you can buy this kit at a discounted price from other vendors, but that is the same to be said about the T1R kit. I won't say how much I paid for mine out of respect to Ben and AJ-R.

I was calculating the costs as per retail pricing. I'm not sure where you can get an exhaust and cat delete for 100.. you'll also need a O2 sensor fix along with the cat delete. Plus the costs for injectors, and the cost for a blow off valve. Add tuning costs into this equation and you have an even more substantial cost vs. the T1R kit. I like how you did not include the cost for tuning and the blow off valve to make things sound cheaper and fit into your reasoning.

Perhaps you should get your facts straight.

Once again, I'm not saying either kit is better, I like both kits, but you on the other hand, take things too personally and are handling this in a very immature manner.

gd3kamiwanaB 08-25-2008 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by 1WayFit (Post 405583)
no sir. T1R doesn't do retail whereas HKS does. Therefore the HKS kit price is much lower than MSRP. As time goes, the retail price will decrease further due to competition. T1R or AJR however you want to call them have a static price. Regardless, the price is just part of the factor.
Moreover, HKS is a much superior brand. The consumers, especially US residents whom have never heard of T1R, would naturally lean towards HKS. The quality is top notch, to the point they specifically R&Ded them for the USDM Fit achieving CARB legal status.
The advantages of the HKS kit outweighs the few pony games of the T1R kit. That's good enough for me to make my decision.

well said:D:D:D

gd3kamiwanaB 08-25-2008 04:16 PM

ok i want to make an apology.

im sorry that i got a little up in arms about this, i get very defensive, thats just the kind of person i am. i dont want to argue any more i do think T1R makes a fine product even though i am partial to the HKS brand. in future discussions i will try not to get so heated .

i hope were all cool :cool:

SD_MR_FIT 08-25-2008 05:19 PM

well said. the only reason why i want the hks kit is because i can floss the front mount and not get in trouble.

F-word CA

Raaaaaaaaaay. 08-25-2008 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by kelsodeez (Post 405581)
my dyno numbers> your dyno numbers

T1R ftw!!!!:p

haha im just messin with you. i would like to see you get the same numbers as i get without the help of an MBC. then i will be impressed and i will bow to the HKS kit. but as of now, T1R>HKS.

nothing like a friendly HP competition. :wavey:

Hey now.. You have hate against your kit. I just wont say anything further. ;)

Kyle is raaddd 08-25-2008 06:34 PM

Lolzzzzzzzzz

drzenitram 08-25-2008 11:14 PM

all I have to say is.. I want an exhaust shop that will make me full exhaust for $100.

kelsodeez 08-25-2008 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by I Am Ray. (Post 405710)
Hey now.. You have hate against your kit. I just wont say anything further. ;)

hahaha i dont hate, i innovate.

gd3kamiwanaB 08-26-2008 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by drzenitram (Post 406132)
all I have to say is.. I want an exhaust shop that will make me full exhaust for $100.

come to kissimmee florida go to road runner muffler thy will do it just dont come with you cat on because they are not aloud to take it off but they can "forget" to put a cat on when they weld it up for you. it was more like 90 for me but i added a resonator witch was 10 bucks

Kyle is raaddd 08-26-2008 07:20 AM

damn that's a good deal.

kissimmee haha i love that name

1990hondahf 08-26-2008 08:30 PM

Still wating for someone to take the HKS kit to the next PSI level...say 8 or so.....I have a side qusetion about the F-CON harness....would any of the other piggybacks FIC, emanage ultimate, etc plug into the harness?

kelsodeez 08-26-2008 08:46 PM

hey josh, you got a pic of your carb sticker??

sfACTOR1 08-26-2008 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by drzenitram (Post 406132)

it's called crackland!!

:rotfl: