Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

My SFF Build!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:06 PM
whats your other honda? i mean...please...please dont take this as though i am hating. i think your fit is really clean, very well done. but do you really want a fit to be your weekend car? the fit is one of the great daily drivers! im wondering if your money is going to be better invested in say modding a ek sedan, (using your k20 in that) or purchasing a usdm itr, maybe pick up an s2k. i always have the same conversation you had with your friend with one of my best friends, regarding what direction to take our cars, and we always explore every last option before acting. I just dont want to see you rush into making your fit a weekend track car because your buddy said to go for it. something here seems very rushed, like your going on pure emotion. if im wrong... correct me, if you have lots of cash burning a hole in your pocket, put me in my place. i just dont see the logistics of investing 20k in a car that msrp's for 16k. i love my fit...but there are cooler hondas out there to spend that kinda cash on.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Sounds good dude!!! Keep us updated and good luck

Old 11-17-2008, 10:17 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
engine bays are the same size and design with both usdm and jdm and edm fits. only parts that change are outter shell stuff like rad support, bumper, and crash bar. good luck. look at hasports site. they do a dyi on the whole k swap in a fit.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:22 PM
fitswap.com but you probably already know about that site

Old 11-17-2008, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fibinochi
whats your other honda? i mean...please...please dont take this as though i am hating. i think your fit is really clean, very well done. but do you really want a fit to be your weekend car? the fit is one of the great daily drivers! im wondering if your money is going to be better invested in say modding a ek sedan, (using your k20 in that) or purchasing a usdm itr, maybe pick up an s2k. i always have the same conversation you had with your friend with one of my best friends, regarding what direction to take our cars, and we always explore every last option before acting. I just dont want to see you rush into making your fit a weekend track car because your buddy said to go for it. something here seems very rushed, like your going on pure emotion. if im wrong... correct me, if you have lots of cash burning a hole in your pocket, put me in my place. i just dont see the logistics of investing 20k in a car that msrp's for 16k. i love my fit...but there are cooler hondas out there to spend that kinda cash on.
20k? Really? Where do you get your information from? ( Not trying to be rude.) I can do a boosted setup for less that 10k. No bullshit parts. I've built plenty of d,b,k series cars. Hell we made 650 on a stock block k20(friends car), and made near 900 on a built block, with plenty of room to go. And what is the difference on spending money on a 16k car, or putting it in a 5k car? I have thought this out, I've had the motor/parts in my garage since last year. I understand the fit is a great daily driver, but again, my suspension is stiff as hell, and 2+ hour commute every day isn't fun. It won't be a strictly weekend car, but I will do what I can to keep mileage down a bit.

Again, I'm in no rush, but I do plan on having this done within the next year or so. My main reason I guess for doing this in a fit is everyone and their brother has a swapped eg, dc, ek. Not many people are swapping fits, and if people want to hate because I can, then so be it.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
engine bays are the same size and design with both usdm and jdm and edm fits. only parts that change are outter shell stuff like rad support, bumper, and crash bar. good luck. look at hasports site. they do a dyi on the whole k swap in a fit.

Yes, I already know how the swap goes, I was just told the radiator support sat back further on the jdm front. I'm not worried about it now though anyway. I'm pretty sure I'm going to stay us front. Thanks though

Old 11-18-2008, 12:02 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
do a big dyi with updates and photos for the rest of us who dream about this.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
do a big dyi with updates and photos for the rest of us who dream about this.
Definitely will do. I'm still trying to decide in what direction to go with the build. That is the main thing holding me up! I'm taking my time though. I really wanna make sure I go the route I really want.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:12 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
what do you mean which direction to take? put k20 into fit. turn key to on. burn rubber off your tires. buy new tires and mount them. turn key on. burn tires off. repeat until cops tell you to stop. ha ha ha.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:20 AM
5 Year Member
what do you mean which direction to take? put k20 into fit. turn key to on. burn rubber off your tires. buy new tires and mount them. turn key on. burn tires off. repeat until cops tell you to stop. ha ha ha.
lol. Well I edited my first post. I'm in between going boost or all motor. I'm a big fan of both, and I've owned both. I'm kindof torn

Old 11-18-2008, 12:22 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
if its a daily run turbo boost. not many others have a boosted k20 hiding under the fit hood. couture and extreme dimension has theirs with 700+hp and a sweet glass cutout in the valve cover.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
if its a daily run turbo boost. not many others have a boosted k20 hiding under the fit hood. couture and extreme dimension has theirs with 700+hp and a sweet glass cutout in the valve cover.
Yeah I'll probably shoot for 500ish whp on the street. Easily make with that motor, and plennntty of power for that car on the street. That would put me in the 10's 1/4 mile. Kseries built right are capable of 1000+whp.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
i have seen the charts for them. people are getting crazy numbers out of all motor and boosted applications. i think 450 to 600 is the limit for the fit. do something differant and mount the motor in the rear. make a mid engine rear wheel drive fit.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
haha, now that is far too much work for me. The swap is plenty time consuming lol.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:33 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
true. just go boost with a built motor and the rotex supercharger. i hear they make crazy power all over the power band.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
true. just go boost with a built motor and the rotex supercharger. i hear they make crazy power all over the power band.
If I was to supercharge it I would just go with a roots style blower. I'm not a huge fan of superchargers though. If I'm going boost, full race manifold, pt67, precision 750 core, rc 1000cc injectors, rbc/ips intake manifold, etc.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:52 PM
you were not being rude in response to my questions. and im convinced that you have thought this out. where did i get 20k?... that was my guess, no hard figures. i just always set aside the absolute worst case scenario when budgeting for spending large amounts of money, therefore you are unable to over extend yourself financially. anyway, i shouldnt have taken a tone in my last message that may have sounded like i was trying to discourage you from building your fit. My goal was to maybe ask you some questions you havent asked yourself. like i said earlier, im convinced you have given this much thought.

p.s. what is your other honda? i still want to know. i love garages occupied by multiple hondas.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:52 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
is emissions important to you? rhetorical question with the sound of your racing parts build. go boost. it will show your skill when others look at your car.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fibinochi
you were not being rude in response to my questions. and im convinced that you have thought this out. where did i get 20k?... that was my guess, no hard figures. i just always set aside the absolute worst case scenario when budgeting for spending large amounts of money, therefore you are unable to over extend yourself financially. anyway, i shouldnt have taken a tone in my last message that may have sounded like i was trying to discourage you from building your fit. My goal was to maybe ask you some questions you havent asked yourself. like i said earlier, im convinced you have given this much thought.

p.s. what is your other honda? i still want to know. i love garages occupied by multiple hondas.
I mean, I'm sure it'd be alot more if I wasn't able to do this build myself. I couldn't imagine the cost, or letting someone else do that kind of work to my car for that matter. Sorry about missing your other question. I have a frost white 94 4dr civic(minty fresh ) lowered on some si's with some other minor mods. I think the only vehicles I'll own til the day I die is Hondas

p.s. Thanks for trying to help out. Impulse builds/purchases etc. are never a good thing. So it's nice to still hear this side.

Old 11-19-2008, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
is emissions important to you? rhetorical question with the sound of your racing parts build. go boost. it will show your skill when others look at your car.

Luckily I don't have emissions where I live

Quick Reply: My SFF Build!