Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Performance chip, anyone?.........

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:15 AM
5 Year Member
Performance chip, anyone?.........

I have been playing with my Fit , and just love it, but am wondering if anyone has found a good performance chip that does what it claims? i DON'T want to end up with a simple resistor to short into mt IAT connector to run 'cold air' all the time, but a real honest to goodness reprogrammed eprom for my ECU (ECM?)

Old 07-11-2008, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
I've wondered that as well. I used a Superchips and a Hypertech programmer in the past, and they both worked really well. Would be nice if there was a handheld programmer for the Fit.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
There is "SLR Pefrformance Chips" that advertises here. Are they the real thing? Moderators? Ad sellers? Anyone? Bueller?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
The only chip I think you can get right now is a Hondata one, you need to send in your ECU chip and have it reflashed... have only seen it for Supercharger applications though.

Be very cautious about other applications, generally they are just hacks that trick the computer into dumping more fuel into the engine. Mileage will go way down and I doubt you will even get any power gains out of it in the end.

It sounds like the stock ECU is pretty dialed in, unless you have a fistful of mods then it probably isn't worth it.

I gave up on waiting for something like that and just got the Greddy E-Manage Ultimate for my Fit. It costs a small fortune, requires a harness and needs somebody who knows how to tune.... but it performs.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-11-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:58 PM
5 Year Member
im also interested want to chip the ecu too

Old 07-14-2008, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
I want a mod chip that will enable/disable the linear DBW system.... straight forward.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member
look into an apexi neo is a universal chip air fuel controller and has a vtec controller also. i'll list specs below. im getting mine today.

The SAFC NEO marks the newest edition to the world famous Super AFC line of piggy back fuel controllers. Building upon the powerful SAFC II, the AFC NEO has taken piggy back style fuel control to a new level. The AFC NEO boasts an incredible 16 points of user definable fuel correction. VTEC control has also been incorporated for Honda/Acura applications. A complete monitor mode is also available to keep the driver/tuner informed of critical engine data.

Features include:

- Completely new case design
- Compact design
- Incorporates both AFC and VAFC functions in one unit
- 16 point fuel correction
- Color FED display
- User defined button and background colors
- Inverted "anti-glare" screen

Key functions include:

MONITOR MODE-
* RPM
* Throttle
* Battery voltage
* Correction %
* Air flow %
* Pressure
* Karmann
* VTEC

SETTING MODE-
* Air map
* Air map graph
* Throttle point
* Deceleration air
* VTEC control
* VTEC unmatch

ETC MODE-
* Model select
* Mode select
* Car select
* Sensor select
* Analog scale
* Warning set
* Display set
* Sensor check

CONCEPT:
High resolution fuel control with integrated VTEC control.

CHARACTERISTICS:
Revolutionary color FED display easily customized by the user. *Not compatible with i-VTEC for controlling i-VTEC (can still be used as a fuel controller)*

Old 11-16-2008, 04:16 AM
A Chip would be nice

Old 11-19-2008, 03:23 AM
i was thinking of an apexi too. i used it on my ca18det and worked just fine. how much is the new one with vtec control?

Old 11-19-2008, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member
i sold COBB tuning a 08 fit ecu (brand new) because they wanted to "get into it and see what they could do with it!" i haven't heard anything and it's been probably 8 months or so, maybe shoot them an email and see what they say!!!!

and please post here what they say, i'd email them myself but i know very little about ecu tuning, and would sound like an idiot to them

oh it was a 08 fit sport mt ecu - they also bought am 08 4dr civic si mt ecu

Old 12-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by josenq10
look into an apexi neo is a universal chip air fuel controller and has a vtec controller also. i'll list specs below. im getting mine today.

The SAFC NEO marks the newest edition to the world famous Super AFC line of piggy back fuel controllers. Building upon the powerful SAFC II, the AFC NEO has taken piggy back style fuel control to a new level. The AFC NEO boasts an incredible 16 points of user definable fuel correction. VTEC control has also been incorporated for Honda/Acura applications. A complete monitor mode is also available to keep the driver/tuner informed of critical engine data.

Features include:

- Completely new case design
- Compact design
- Incorporates both AFC and VAFC functions in one unit
- 16 point fuel correction
- Color FED display
- User defined button and background colors
- Inverted "anti-glare" screen

Key functions include:

MONITOR MODE-
* RPM
* Throttle
* Battery voltage
* Correction %
* Air flow %
* Pressure
* Karmann
* VTEC

SETTING MODE-
* Air map
* Air map graph
* Throttle point
* Deceleration air
* VTEC control
* VTEC unmatch

ETC MODE-
* Model select
* Mode select
* Car select
* Sensor select
* Analog scale
* Warning set
* Display set
* Sensor check

CONCEPT:
High resolution fuel control with integrated VTEC control.

CHARACTERISTICS:
Revolutionary color FED display easily customized by the user. *Not compatible with i-VTEC for controlling i-VTEC (can still be used as a fuel controller)*

anyone has this installed on their fits?

Old 12-11-2008, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Its hard to find the right pin out for the fit the one provided by apexi didnt match up wit the ecu my installer didnt install it cuz of that so i have the apexi uninstalled if any1 has the pins i would appreciate it and i'll install it and tell you how it runs

Old 12-11-2008, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member
if I have time and there is info in the service manual I will scan it and send it along.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
thanks man i would really appreciate it

Old 12-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Rod2Rice
if I have time and there is info in the service manual I will scan it and send it along.
rep for you if you get it installed and share the pinout. the info on it is for the JDM models so we are screwed unless a custom one is created.

why is honda making their cars harder and harder to tune. why isn't any tuner doing anything for cars DBW? i guess it is really rocket science!

Old 04-06-2009, 12:18 AM
The Apexi Neo is can be installed on anything I have one one my Hyundai Accent to tune a turbo.
look for Stock ECU pin outs and start counting wires, Honda should have support sites for pin outs. (this method took me 2 hours to do right)

but on a lighter note the AFC Neo is extremely good at controlling VTEC and fule on Honda, if the AFC Neo is too expensive find a SAFC II its the same thing from Apexi just less fashy.

if you do manage to get them on you still need to get it tuned

Old 04-06-2009, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
you can contact boolslang they will make a custom plug and play harness i bet. then you dont have to pay the install just plug it in.

they made one for me but i have the AEM Fuel Ignition controller.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:57 AM
ok I'm Assuming you tuned your AEM controller right?
you notice a difference in MPG and Power after the tune?

Old 04-07-2009, 08:19 PM
+1 wanna know!

Marko!!

Old 04-07-2009, 09:55 PM
5 Year Member
it's not dialed in i wish i had the extra $$$ to have it tuned by a pro. i have a viable base map that i have street tuned. I am boosted hence the need for it. When i had bolt-ons only the neo would have been fine to adjust fuel a little but it does not retard ignition.

Power is definately there (now). mpg has suffered over bone stock but that the nature of the beast.

Quick Reply: Performance chip, anyone?.........