Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Boosting my fit.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member
Boosting my fit.

Hey guy's I have an old turbo in my shop and I own a fit that isn't boosted... I came to the conclusion that the two must be put together. I have a few questions, looking at all the kits they don't seem to do anything for the brake booster on the back of the intake or the egr system on the front of the intake. Am I just overlooking something or are the ignored?

Secondly where do you get your oil feed from and do you drill into the pan for a return or is their one I can take advantage of?

Third, I noticed that the KWSC doesn't do anything for ignition why is this? Do our ECU handle boost, or due to the low boost (5psi) of the KWSC, is adding enough fuel good for 5psi.

Lastly, tied to the third question, I would like to go piggy back as it would let my car run as I'm used to but allow for boost. I was leaning toward the emange ultimate as I seen aj-racings results, where can I get the base maps for this unit would anyone recommend anything else?

I sound like a noob and I am to the Honda world, I'm used to VW, the first car I boosted was a 90 VW golf, and learned a lot (read as: blown the engine a few times), then I went to a 1.8T jetta, but everything was easy on that car, simple turbo upgrades, and software flashes. The way I'd like to run my car is:

0-8months Low boost stock injectors, if I can get away from getting a piggy back I'm hoping for 130whp(~5psi), if I need to get a piggy back I'd like 150whp (~6psi).

8-24months, 330cc injectors high boost (10psi), I'm hoping to get at least 180whp+ but this is far in the future

The turbo I am using is a k03 (close to a t25) In the next two weeks I'm hoping to fab an exhaust and a intercooler (you'll have to wait for the pics of this as what I'm thinking of is really wild).

Oh well I'm rambling, if anyone has the answers to my questions or a link of where I can find them that would be great Thank in advance!!

Old 01-03-2009, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Well finally built my own kit, so here are the answers to my own questions as I'm sure someone else may ask them.

The brake booster and egr system on the from of the intake do have check valves and nothing needs to be done to them.

The oil feed is from the oil pressure sensor on most kits (This is where I tapped) I used the Tuner Toys Oil Take Off but if I where doing the install again I'd probably go for the oil sandwich adapter type. I also tapped my oil pan for a return, although the HKS kit uses a bung on the oil drain bolt (I've never seen this as a recommend oil return and don't agree with it). When drilling into the pan you must take it off (PITA, but worth it), and make sure to tap to the far right of the pan as anywhere else you'll risk having a rod taking off your return.

I ended up using the Greddy E-Manage Ultimate as a piggy back and have a post of how to wire it. I'm still in the process of tuning it, first drive around the block turned out to have a lot of knock, I need to get higher octane fuel in the car.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
Nice project, I want to see your setup photos
btw, where is a good place to tap for vacuum(bov) on the L15?

Old 01-04-2009, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
For both waste gate and BOV I teed off the brake booster line on the back of the intake plenum.

I'll try to add more pictures when I take them, also working on a video

Turbo installed

Manifold and Down pipe fabrication

Tapped in Oil Feed, and picture of internals

My Kick-AS$ Air-Water Intercooler... leaks so...

...this is my back up one until I fix the Air-Water

Last edited by 07_g_fit; 01-15-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:13 AM
hahaha i love it! i like all the pie cuts! i had to do a few on my first set up, and i especially like how you set up your waste gate lol not the best way to do it but it works.
post more pics of the entire set up please!!

Old 01-04-2009, 02:44 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
pictures are not working for me but i would love to see how this all plays out.

Old 01-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
this is going to be awesome.
and i LOVE the first line haha

"Hey guy's I have an old turbo in my shop and I own a fit that isn't boosted... I came to the conclusion that the two must be put together"
hahaahha!

Old 01-04-2009, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
mannn I want to boost my Fit so baddd....I have to keep saving

Old 01-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Moarrrr pics!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
Bump because I added "Moarrrr pics!!!"

If things stay calm in my life I'll try to make a short video.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
Good job man. i want to boost the fit so bad. I know it wont be fast but it would make it more fun. I just bought the warranty on it for 100k or 7 years bumper to bumper. So having that makes me not want to but i keep thinking about selling it back to them to put toward the HKS kit