Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning
View Poll Results: Which would you buy based upon a review/use?
Buddy Club e-Throttle Booster
8.82%
Blitz Throttle Controller
91.18%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Info on Buddy Club e-throttle booster vs. Blitz throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Banned
Post Info on Buddy Club e-throttle booster vs. Blitz throttle controller

I am curious about the difference between these two products. Can someone do a review or add their comments as to their experience? Honestly, magazines like Super Street don't cover comparisons like this and its ridiculous. At least we have the internet!

According to the the Buddy Club description it appears to be more adjustable. The Blitz.... well... just looks cosmetically better.

I've seen the Blitz throttle controller selling as low as $296.00 online.

Last edited by junktea1; 12-21-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think anybody on this forum has mentioned owning one or even testing one out or even stating there is one out for the Fit yet..
There are a handful of Blitz TC owners though and everyone loves it. Most will say the Fit has a lot more pep.

But judging off the descriptions of both TC's there are only a few main differences:
-Blitz TC has Honda Fit under their application list; BC does not have Honda Fit on the list yet.. but the connector for the Honda looks very similar not sure if its the same though. (anybody know??)
-Blitz has LED readout; BC has little knob
-Blitz has modes ECO,SP1,2,and3; BC has a lot more than 4 modes therefore more customizable
-Blitz tC costs around 350-380 brand new; BC costs 380 (according to this site)
-Both do the same thing, as for performance differences, I wouldn't know how you could test that. IMO, differences are probably insignificant.

A note on the BC e-booster price, I read in older threads the price was projected at 250. that would be very competitive price if it was going against the Blitz tc.

o yeah, here's the application list from their website: HAC-F#### looks very similiar to the Fit's connector.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah before i got my Blitz TC ive been looking at the BC controller too. It just looks less convenient. Youd have to find a place to mount the big controller. Although the knob does allow you to fine tune, but being less simple than just 4 settings like the blitz could drive you nuts. I'm sure most people using this buddy club controller would either drive with it on off, half way or all the way up.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:49 PM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
Ok im looking at getting one of the blitz very soon -- my question is DOES it actually work or is it a placebo mod -- somebody ??

Old 12-21-2008, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by B1str0
Ok im looking at getting one of the blitz very soon -- my question is DOES it actually work or is it a placebo mod -- somebody ??
placebo mod? oh no my friend. hahah. you WILL notice the difference. my clutch/gas habits have changed so much since ive had the blitz TC. Now when i drive up my driveway with the TC "off", my car starts to shake like its about to stall. Because im used to giving more gas while releasing more clutch with the TC, because the car always wants to freaking take off. its good stuff, your Fit will definetly grow some. trust!

*edit* oh btw. I'm digging your "time attack" GSR blades=]]

Old 12-21-2008, 04:17 PM
All it does is make more throttle at less pedal. Waste of money IMO.

Old 12-21-2008, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
have u even driven ur fit with it speedoholic???? this is the first bad review of the product ive seen...on the freeway it makes a huuuuugeee difference, when i was stock, the car couldnt pull nearly as hard as i had the blitz tc installed, and that's b/c the DBW stopped me from driving the car as i would have wanted to drive it

Old 12-22-2008, 05:04 AM
I searched and found nothing, what is DBW? Under the throttle comparison chart, it even says "This product does not increase horsepower".

Old 12-22-2008, 05:39 AM
5 Year Member
this doesnt increase hp, no one has said anything about hp increase, the throttle response is better and makes it easier to get onto ramps on freeways, and starting from a complete stop

Old 12-22-2008, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by speedoholic
I searched and found nothing, what is DBW? Under the throttle comparison chart, it even says "This product does not increase horsepower".
right, Blitz hasnt lied to anyone, and no one says it increases HP. its all about the response. You dont have to struggle to get your car up to speed. It's because of the DBW, electronic throttle. It has that lag that the cable throttles dont have. The Blitz tc compensates by making it more responsive. before I got mine i got the chance to actually test on at Blitz, and the guy was explaining it to me. I still think its the best thing since sliced bread.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Banned
Talking

Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
right, Blitz hasnt lied to anyone, and no one says it increases HP. its all about the response. You dont have to struggle to get your car up to speed. It's because of the DBW, electronic throttle. It has that lag that the cable throttles dont have. The Blitz tc compensates by making it more responsive. before I got mine i got the chance to actually test on at Blitz, and the guy was explaining it to me. I still think its the best thing since sliced bread.
Interesting. So essentially, the throttle controller is a replacement for a heavy foot?

Old 12-22-2008, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by junktea1
Interesting. So essentially, the throttle controller is a replacement for a heavy foot?
Mmm. Kinda i guess? But lets say you floor the pedal, the throttle still will not open as fast as it would with the throttle controller. it allows the throttle to open 100%. I'm pretty sure it will improve track times vs no TC. so basically its TC>pedal to the metal. We need some members that go autox to test the TC on and off at the track to see exactly how much of an improvement it would make. Also the TC helps alot when i heel-toe. Before i would have to time everything all weird(anticipating the throttle lag) but with the TC everything is pretty dead on.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:25 PM
i read that the stock DBW doesnt let the butterfly valve open pass a certain amount 80-something percent? if thats true wouldnt opening it 100% increase horsepower?

anyway i hate how unresponsive the throttle is, especially when trying to make a lane change or just going uphill. i literally have to downshift to get the car moving, and in an automatic with the paddle shifters in D mode it hardly ever works out.

Im wondering if a throttle controller would change that?

Old 12-22-2008, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by randay
i read that the stock DBW doesnt let the butterfly valve open pass a certain amount 80-something percent? if thats true wouldnt opening it 100% increase horsepower?

anyway i hate how unresponsive the throttle is, especially when trying to make a lane change or just going uphill. i literally have to downshift to get the car moving, and in an automatic with the paddle shifters in D mode it hardly ever works out.

Im wondering if a throttle controller would change that?
it definetly will. and the TC lets your throttle open 100%. it doesnt add horse power but it will get you up to that vtec way faster. it helps alot when heel-toeing. check out the whole blitz TC thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
what a waste of $$$. Venom had a Throttle enhancer too, forget the name of it, but it doesn't do anything either. On older hondas you could pull the cable and tighten it on the gas pedal, or buy a slightly different disc that throttle cable hooked up to. It does the same thing, for 1/5 the cost

Old 12-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Take Two of Me & Don't Call in the Morning
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
what a waste of $$$. Venom had a Throttle enhancer too, forget the name of it, but it doesn't do anything either. On older hondas you could pull the cable and tighten it on the gas pedal, or buy a slightly different disc that throttle cable hooked up to. It does the same thing, for 1/5 the cost

And I'm sure we could do that on our fits....if we had cable throttles.

There is no way to just "tighten up" the throttle on an electronic throttle system (Drive By Wire). The rate at which the butterfly opens is completely controlled by the computer it's hooked up to. So since we can't change that, we have these electronic devices which amplify our pedal input and make it more responsive. With our DBW systems...if you were to FLOOR the pedal, the TB would only open up to 80%...which is less than 100% (I learned that in college). The BTC on SP3 mode allows the butterfly to open 400% faster and all the way to 100%.

Of course it's going to be more expensive, but that's one of the downsides to having a DBW system; you have to modify the programming of the computer which controls the throttle.

I have the BTC and it definitely makes a huge improvement in the way the car feels. Especially when taking off from a standstill or merging lanes.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shaggs2Dope
why would you need something like this for an old honda with a cable throttle anyways? The whole point of it is to eliminate the lag from the e-throttle. Everyone with the TC loves it more than any other bolt on mod. Maybe you should get your hands on one to test it out, I'm sure it would change your opinion.

Old 12-22-2008, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
even with a heavy foot, the DBW will deter u from driving the way you want to, the throttle will not open up nearly as fast as the btc will allow u to, as other btc owners have said earlier...if u guys live in CALI, go to the blitz dist. center, and test it out for yourself...i had a lot of problems going uphill and changing lanes in my fit on the freeway and that was when i was flooring it hard, but with the blitz tc, the fit became a lot easier to drive

Old 12-22-2008, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DrKelso
And I'm sure we could do that on our fits....if we had cable throttles.

There is no way to just "tighten up" the throttle on an electronic throttle system (Drive By Wire). The rate at which the butterfly opens is completely controlled by the computer it's hooked up to. So since we can't change that, we have these electronic devices which amplify our pedal input and make it more responsive. With our DBW systems...if you were to FLOOR the pedal, the TB would only open up to 80%...which is less than 100% (I learned that in college). The BTC on SP3 mode allows the butterfly to open 400% faster and all the way to 100%.

Of course it's going to be more expensive, but that's one of the downsides to having a DBW system; you have to modify the programming of the computer which controls the throttle.

I have the BTC and it definitely makes a huge improvement in the way the car feels. Especially when taking off from a standstill or merging lanes.
werd! tell it like it is!

Also it seems like all the people with bad opinions on the TC are all people that have NEVER had first hand experience of the TC. And to me an opinion with no actualy experience with it is Not an opinion at all. Its like saying "I didnt see that movie but I sucks and I hate it" LOL

Last edited by AnlDyxp_GD3; 12-22-2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
got to agree wit AnlDyxp_GD3
i love my except that it kills my gas haha

Quick Reply: Info on Buddy Club e-throttle booster vs. Blitz throttle controller