Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning
View Poll Results: When I see a good deal, I...
think its a steal! Buy it!
27.03%
think what's wrong with it? Is this a fake?
72.97%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Post up your fake J's Racing 50R

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:01 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
haha its not a copy! guaranteed.

do you know that there are four different styles of muffler from j's for the GD3?

actually there are two different styles, just two color variants for each.

the 50RS and the 50RR. ive seen the so called "fake" muffler at N1 concepts, and i bought mine from aj racing. now, why would the two largest j's racing distributors in north america simultaneously start selling fake mufflers? hmmm

Old 06-30-2009, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
That is the worst copy I've ever seen haha. Atleast make it LOOK like the original.

I love this.

Lots of people on here have what you people are calling the "fake" one. But until now no one was knockin them. Everyone was all WOW I WANT THAT. and now because 1 person says its fake every instantly agrees. How is that?

Old 06-30-2009, 12:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kelsodeez
haha its not a copy! guaranteed.

the 50RS and the 50RR. ive seen the so called "fake" muffler at N1 concepts, and i bought mine from aj racing. now, why would the two largest j's racing distributors in north america simultaneously start selling fake mufflers? hmmm

thank you. so sad how things things start.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
i PM aj-racing hopefully they will chime in.

i believe this is real. i like how it looks. aj-racing would not sell a bunch of fakes.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Banned
This is my last post. I won't address this topic any further. Its redundant.

Yasu of PPI will make an offical statement on these threads later and that will be the end of this topic. I believe everyone on this site has the information they need to make an educated decision.

Every J's exhaust has a badge on it. Also a hole to mount the silencer. There are only two models for GD1/3. 50RP and 50RB. Polished and blue. Even the new 304R has a badge.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:12 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
I love this.

Lots of people on here have what you people are calling the "fake" one. But until now no one was knockin them. Everyone was all WOW I WANT THAT. and now because 1 person says its fake every instantly agrees. How is that?
Haha don't jump the gun big boy. I didn't really read the replies very well, but to make clear, I'm just stating that off the subject of the thread. The "fake" exhaust. I'm not sure if it's fake or real, and to be honest, I don't really give a shit.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
maybe the AJR edition's fitment is better than the original genuine J's

Old 06-30-2009, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
in for what yasu @ ppi has to say. for those that dont know, ppi is an official distributor for FEED, mines, ings, j's racing, sunline, and racing gear.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:20 AM
I am writing this as an administrator of J's Racing USA which is 100 % owned by J's Racing Japan.

Regarding the J's Racing titanium exhaust for FIT GD1 or GD3, J's Racing has only two models - FX 50R blue and FX 50R polish. There are not any other version(s) or edition(s). J's Racing never sanctioned any shop to make its own version(s) or edition(s) using J's Racing name.

I hope this clarifies some of the issues discussed here.
Yasu / J's Racing USA

Old 06-30-2009, 11:15 AM
The "AJR Edition" just looks so fake. Even if you overlook the lack of badge and lack of silencer mounting hole, just look at the terrible welds and you know it couldn't possibly be J's. And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out they are just cheap generic glasspack inserts inside and not chambered like a real J's piece.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by bigtoepfer
this is a "AJR edition correct" yours has just discolored on the canister. Or am i wrong? Because this one has the longer tip which the "real" J's exhaust does not
No such thing as AJR edition for the J's Racing exhaust.

I have a original J's Titanium Exhaust its just dirty. I got it from PPI (Yasu) and dropped shipped direct from J's racing in Japan.

We are the eastcoast dealer of J's racing under PPI.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
This is pretty interesting.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
uh oh, looks like somebody is in trouble.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Banned
For legal reasons, the specific dealer(s) will not be mentioned. However, this will solve this debate once and for all by Mr. Umemoto himself, Pres. of J's Racing.

http://www.j-sracingusa.com/president-letter.pdf

Old 06-30-2009, 02:45 PM
i love college
i'll never buy anything from ajr. thats just me. im not gonna spend top dollar for fake stuff.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
why is there 2 websites on google when i search j's racing

-J's Racing USA
and
-J's Racing North America

Last edited by Spooling; 06-30-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Blahh... I am starting to question the other items that I bought from AJR, like the J's grille and the Spoon N1 exhaust.

Does the J's Racing grille have a badge too?

Opak Racing said that there should be a badge on the exhaust, but on the Spoon exhaust that I got from AJR there is nothing.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by junktea1
For legal reasons, the specific dealer(s) will not be mentioned. However, this will solve this debate once and for all by Mr. Umemoto himself, Pres. of J's Racing.

http://www.j-sracingusa.com/president-letter.pdf
Wow.

Doing my part...

But seriously, that sucks. Glad I always found better prices and never ended up ordering from there...

Old 06-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Spooling
why is there 2 websites on google when i search j's racing

-J's Racing USA
and
-J's Racing North America
If I'm not mistaken the J's racing North America is AJ racing, jsracing.net.

J's racing USA, j-sracingusa.com, is the official U.S. Distributor (PPI Performance)

Old 06-30-2009, 03:31 PM
5 Year Member
I'll say if you like what you see, buy it. But if you even have the slightest doubt of buying the muffler, don't buy it, period. No one points a gun and ask you to buy things.

I think there are Fake things out there, but so long you get your things from a trustworthy dealer, you should be fine.

Honestly, is the engraving and the length that important? It will be great if the muffler have it... but who is gonna go under ur car looking for that engraving or measuring your tip? I can bet you only 5% of the Fit population in North America cares whether they have a fake or real muffler or not. The other 95% prolly dun even know what J's racing is... or not even heard of this forum =\

I prolly have the fake one too, Maybe I don't, I don't know - but really I aint going to bother finding out. It was on sale and I buy it. If its fake then too bad cause I am too cheap to afford the real thing at the real price. Appreciate what you have people and stop pointing fingers =.='

Last edited by Guinness; 06-30-2009 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Post up your fake J's Racing 50R