Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Kraftwerks SC High-Boost Kowl IC Dyno Chart and Other Info

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Kraftwerks SC High-Boost Kowl IC Dyno Chart and Other Info

Hello! Not too many of you know me but I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lance and Oscar Sr has been tuning on my car with the High boost/Hondata/IC since last year.

In December I dropped my car off at Kraftwerks for the free low boost supercharger update. When I picked it up Oscar Sr. explained that he really liked what I did to my car (brakes, suspension, and exhaust) and asked if he could use my car for the final testing of the High Boost/Hondata/Intercooler kit (JDMChris was the initial non-IC tester). I was ecstatic and agreed. Within a couple of weeks the High Boost kit with Hondata and the new top mount intercooler was installed and O Sr was heavily involved in the driveability, reliability, and High altitude testing. I was impressed when I saw the pictures of O Sr. testing driveability at 11,000 ft altitude!

With the extra horsepower and torque the car is quick and very responsive. Keep in mind this High Boost kit was designed for maximum power with my full WeaponR race header and full big tube straight through exhaust. The tachometer needle just flies now (faster than what you see in JDMChris' YouTube vids). My mpg has not been hit hard by it either as O Sr and Hondata have spent an extensive length of time "cracking" the Fit ECU and getting the calibration perfect. I consistently averaged 30+mpg. I am extremely happy with this setup.

Below is a dyno chart of my car on Shaun Church's dyno. Please note that my car has nothing more than the High Boost kit with Cowl Air Intercooler/WR Race Header/J's Racing B Pipe/J's Racing Muffler during this run.

I'm sorry that I couldn't make it to the Kraftwerks/Skunk2 Dyno Day but my 2 year old daughter was very sick so the dyno day was a "no" go for me. However, I wanted everyone to see all of the tireless work that Oscar Sr. put into my car. So I had it delivered for the event. Besides, I think the plan was to unveil the new High Boost kit to the Fit owners so it was good that I got it there (otherwise O Sr would have killed me!).

I heard Oscar Sr dyno'd the Kraftwerks Blue Race car first which I understand is simply the same High Boost kit (pulley/belt/supercharger) available to the public with good rods, pistons, and some head work, a KPro, race gas, and a larger front mount intercooler, and it consistently made 194whp and 174wtq. Then I "think" O Sr. dyno'd my car next (I'm not sure if mine was next as I wasn't there). The dyno results O Sr. gave me showed 170whp and 142wtq on pump gas on last Saturday's 100 degree day on the Kraftwerks SuperFlow dyno. I am pretty pleased with the results as you can imagine. And although the car made more whp on Church's dyno the air was cooler the day I took it to Church's and Church uses a DynaPac dyno that reads closer to crank hp than the SuperFlow.

After months of extensive R&D I'm happy that Kraftwerks can now offer FIT owners the High Boost upgrade and I can finally talk about it (it was killing me to not be able to talk about it prior to the High Boost kit release!).

I've done quite a few things to my car (LSD, Final Drive, Lightened Flywheel, Super Light Wheels with R Compound Tires, Spoon Front Calipers, Coilovers with Swift Springs, Rear Disk Brake Conversion, JDM Front/Rear/Sideskirts Conversion, Titanium Exhaust, Throttle Controller, braces up the Yin Yang) and by far this is the best modification I've done.

It is the best because it makes the FIT quick and very responsive. Our FITs are agile to begin with. Now just imagine your agile FIT with around 80 more whp (close to double the whp of a stock FIT). If you can do this you'll understand what I mean when I say "quick" and "very responsive."

Last edited by lanakano; 07-02-2009 at 02:59 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:22 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Wow the lurker unlurks! haha man. I was hoping to see you at the meet. Next time!

Old 07-02-2009, 02:29 AM
I got to say that your car looks way better than mine. Loved seeing your car in the KW Fit Dyno Day vid. I'll go back to lurking now.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
Tagging .

A side note, when you going to post up the sound clip of the j's bpipe with the t1r v2 muffler . I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:42 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
So is the high boost kit out then?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
welcome to the forums (again i guess? lol)

i'm at work, hence teh ghey internet, so someone post what numbers he made! (pretty please?)

Old 07-02-2009, 10:27 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
So is the high boost kit out then?
should be out for sale in just a couple weeks. Believe they are just waiting for production pieces.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
a ball park price would really help. I need to do something pretty quick. have cash set aside but would love to have a idea of what it will cost.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
I was told to expect a price around $1800 at the dyno-day, but expect a ball park around that.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Can anyone confirm if the IC setup will be sold separately from the high boost kit? I could use some serious cooling on my base AT as it's running a bit too hot for my liking in this warm weather in socal.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
Can anyone confirm if the IC setup will be sold separately from the high boost kit? I could use some serious cooling on my base AT as it's running a bit too hot for my liking in this warm weather in socal.

i hope so. i cant see why they wouldn't.

and here is to hoping for a slighty-higher boosted base a/t kit.

Old 07-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
i hope so. i cant see why they wouldn't.

and here is to hoping for a slighty-higher boosted base a/t kit.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Awesome Kit

Great Job Lance and I can't wait to get my kit. Some people are wondering where I been. Deployed again and then waiting and researching to put the right kit on my car. Awesome numbers and no turbo kit on the market can touch thumbs up for Kraft Werks

Old 07-02-2009, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
exciting news! thanks for the info guys!

Old 07-02-2009, 10:19 PM
sweet stuff, nice to see THE SC setup get some respect and the numbers it deserves.
any chance of getting the hondata reflash? I am in search of a good EMU for my turbo kit.... aem FI/C is nice.... but Hondata might be nicer.... please elaborate.

Thanks in advance
Cam

Last edited by CamFit; 07-02-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
hahah damn! your car kicks my car's ass

Old 07-03-2009, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
no pic ???

Old 07-03-2009, 01:57 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
why would they do a top mount IC rather than a front mount IC?

does the kraftwerks front mount IC elimintate the fog lights?

Old 07-03-2009, 03:09 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
If I remember correctly, Oscar Sr told me that the difference from the front mount IC and the small top mount IC being used was so little that they went with the smaller top mount one.

FELIXY69, check pg 35 of the KWSC thread for pics

Old 07-03-2009, 10:16 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
If I remember correctly, Oscar Sr told me that the difference from the front mount IC and the small top mount IC being used was so little that they went with the smaller top mount one.

FELIXY69, check pg 35 of the KWSC thread for pics
This is correct. Also The intercooler will fit weather you have a MT, AT, JDM conversion etc.

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks SC High-Boost Kowl IC Dyno Chart and Other Info