Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KWSC + TestPipe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Arrow KWSC + TestPipe?

Originally Posted by Wave
Yes I have the injector upgrade unfortunately I simply haven't had the time to get to a dyno(working my real life job/ moved to a new place and now have to move again to another place/GF like to hang out and stuff when I have free time/etc...) but the injector upgrade along with the necessary test pipe does make the A/T that much better.

Is it noticeable on the "butt-dyno"? I'd say yes, the car absolutely comes alive at anything over 4000 rpm's and getting into triple digit's is easy enough.
I was actauly just thinking about this at work today. How do you like the test pipe? I want to make the leap to bigger injectors but am hesitant about a test pipe on my daily driver. I dont realy want the smell and raspiness that comes with a test pipe. Do you have any sound clips of your car?

Old 07-13-2009, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
I was actauly just thinking about this at work today. How do you like the test pipe? I want to make the leap to bigger injectors but am hesitant about a test pipe on my daily driver. I dont realy want the smell and raspiness that comes with a test pipe. Do you have any sound clips of your car?
The smell isn't bad at all but then again I'm used to riding in a friend's Saleen Mustang w/o cats. It's not like you're going to come out of the Fit smelling like fuel. The rear window will get dirtier quicker as well due to the exhaust but I spend alot of $$$ at the local carwash anyway.

The loudness is a definite compromise with a testpipe. I've done and tried just about axleback in order to tone it down. N1 style cans are absolutely out of the question. I'd swap out my J's Racing midpipe for a different brand that has a resonator built in but that J's cost me a pretty penny so I'm not switching midpipes...not like I think it would make a difference anyway in my opinion. The Apex'i World Sport II does the best job of keeping the sound levels acceptable. I believe it's a chamber style muffler.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
thats what I am afraid of. I LOVE my spoon exhaust and there is no way im replacing it, unless it was a J's. I think im going to go back to my original plan and see if I cant find a high-flow cat that will work

Old 07-13-2009, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
keep us advised on the high-flow cat, I'll keep busting holes in the ozone layer for us all!

Old 07-13-2009, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
if you sell your j's racing b-pipe i would buy it but i just bought some rims

Old 07-13-2009, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
I'm looking for the J's racing Uppipe if anyone has one for sale

Old 07-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator
Well I just pulled the trigger and bought the injector upgrade and a T1R testpipe. If I absolutely hate the sound im pulling it off and replacing it with a high-flow cat. Ill try and keep you guys updated with whats going on and Dyno # when I get the injectors installed

Old 07-15-2009, 07:23 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Mine doesnt sound bad. Not raspy at all.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
Well I just pulled the trigger and bought the injector upgrade and a T1R testpipe. If I absolutely hate the sound im pulling it off and replacing it with a high-flow cat. Ill try and keep you guys updated with whats going on and Dyno # when I get the injectors installed
That Spoon is gonna' ROAR dude!

Old 07-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator
JDMCris what are you rinning for exhaust though? I have the T1R header, Spoon B-pipe and Spoon N1 axleback

Old 07-15-2009, 07:46 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Megan from the header all the way back.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
The FedEx lady stopped by today and dropped off my Injectors. I will be getting my Test-pipe tomorrow. I will be getting it all installed Tuesday and will hopfuly have Dyno # and maybe even some sound clips of the Exhaust Tuesday night/Wednesday.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:41 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
The FedEx lady stopped by today and dropped off my Injectors. I will be getting my Test-pipe tomorrow. I will be getting it all installed Tuesday and will hopfuly have Dyno # and maybe even some sound clips of the Exhaust Tuesday night/Wednesday.
Should be interesting, let us know how much louder you think it is compared to w/ cat.

Old 07-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
AWESOME! post clips asap! did you get the t1r test pipe?

Old 07-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
^^Yep I got the T1R test pipe

Old 07-27-2009, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
standing by to hear your thoughts....

Old 07-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator
Well the car is all finished up. I was able to drive out there and see it dynoed but could not pick it up and will be going back. So I have not realy driven the car but when it was started up it sounded very reasonable at idle and at WOT it SCREAMED! Ill have to see how it is at freeway speeds and what not. The Dyno was a bit disappointing the car only made 114wph thats a 2hp gain. I was realy hoping to get atleast 115whp.

Driving impressions:
Getting up to speed I feel a bit ridiculous it makes alot of noise but im not going all that fast. Once up to speed its not so bad. It's a bit louder but real under 3K the exhaust is not much louder then with the cat. I think with a silencer it will be totally livable for DD.

Last edited by MNfit; 07-28-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member

Driving impressions:
Getting up to speed I feel a bit ridiculous it makes alot of noise but im not going all that fast. Once up to speed its not so bad. It's a bit louder but real under 3K the exhaust is not much louder then with the cat. I think with a silencer it will be totally livable for DD.

Drive around AGGRESSIVELY higher on the rev range about 4.5K RPM's all the way to redline and use the paddles, that's where I appreciate the wide open exhaust and injector upgrade.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
All you need now is an AEM F/IC tuner and wiring harness..... A methanol/water system would be nice to.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:33 AM
after hearing my exhaust, all I'm ever gonna do is cut out the cat, a test pipe is just too raspy and makes it sound like you have a fart cannon imo

Quick Reply: KWSC + TestPipe?