Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Turbo Manifold finally produced!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
Turbo Manifold finally produced!!!

Well,

after a long wait, Neukin has finally developed a turbo manifold for the GD3....capable of supporting 200-500hp! check it...

Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
i don't see any pictures?

Old 05-26-2010, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
I know......
pictures coming soon. Neukin said they were waiting for some response to the original post to start development, so obviously they got their responses.....but now, we need the visuals! Be sure the second they're available I'll post it
They don't have a ramhorn configuration, although I wish someone would!

Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
Old 05-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
no pictures and it costs $500... im not impressed at all.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Yea.......I think the price is a bit too high......considering the Fit hardly has any aftermarket parts costing that much....besides engine internals....but that's about it.

I would like to have a quality, professionally made ramhorn manifold.......but I think I'm good with mine for now, or at least until the price goes down to where I don't have to sell my first born child!

I made my own manifold, it's not pretty, but it's functional......and it wasn't $500!

Just curious.....
what would any of YOU pay for a good manifold.....realistically?
And....would you use log-style or any other configurations?
(Just got TIG welder....gonna buy a shit load of tubing and start prototyping manifolds for the Fit)

Old 05-26-2010, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
log manifold....$250-300
tubular manifold....$500-600

Old 05-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by k-alt
Well,

after a long wait, Neukin has finally developed a turbo manifold for the GD3....capable of supporting 200-500hp! check it...
500hp... do they have an engine to go with it

Old 05-26-2010, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
a 500 hp L15A engine.........I'll be happy when that happens..........either that or dead

Old 05-26-2010, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
whats the difference between log and tubular manifold? any advantages?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
The advantages of the log style is that they're great for tight spaces and lower the rate at which exhaust gas looses it's energy......however, I've seen some tests that show a power loss using the log-style.
Tubular manifolds are like a work of art in themselves. The overall length of the tubes are longer but allow for gas to expand to a certain point (not too much to the point where too much energy has been lost).
Check out Garrett's turbo tech 103, they explain the differences between tubular vs. log & cast-iron vs. steel tubular...check it out

Old 05-26-2010, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Think they need to change the wording on their website. Unless they can produce a picture of this manifold on a GE.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member
don't know where you've been doing your research....but a freaking log-style manifold shouldn't be approaching $500......not for the fit unless your boosting serious pounds...more than anyone on this site...more that the engine can handle.
Aaron over @ Weirtech.ca gave me more than I needed to construct a tubular manifold for the fit......cost ~ $150. Said it's the labor....important thing is to check quality steel and have solid welds.
Steel used for this application will NEVER reach $500 bucks worth of parts unless your building a couple units.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out WHY a manifold costs what it does...........L-A-B-O-R...

500 Bucks isn't cheap....NaturalAspirations must be livin' high on the horse

Old 06-08-2010, 10:07 PM
I emailed these guys...no response after 2 days. Not a good start as far as customer service goes. Looks like i'll be making my own manifold...

Old 06-08-2010, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
I hear ya....

I totally gave up on these guys a while ago. They did the same to me, I should have disregarded they're work a long time ago. What type of manifold are you looking for? What turbo you plan on using? Would you consider constructing it yourself, or at a fab shop?

Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
this thread sucks!!! everyone knows there is no way to fit a ram or ever a mini ram (lovefab) in our engine bay (gd or ge)

the title is misleading

Old 06-09-2010, 02:52 AM
5 Year Member
I'm actually thinking of building a side mount turbo manifold so the turbo is visible. It might be a tiny ass turbo, but nobody has mounted it like this before. All i'd have to do is relocate the battery and boom it's done! Of course mine has an internal wastegate but still, it'll produce the same design. It seems like I have the space....

Old 06-09-2010, 03:44 AM
5 Year Member
I noticed you hooked your Fit up Koolkev......looking into forced induction? Thats good to see someone other than me is thinking outside the box. The side mount looks awesome, but the one in the picture would need adjusting to fit the turbo so close to the intake, that is....unless you fab an intake plenum with virtually no 'runners' to lover the throttle body...opening up a shit load of space above the engine....you could probably stuff something under that hood if you think about it hard enough. I've made a total of 8 manifolds.....all are prototypes of different designs and configurations. I stuck with an enlarged log-style for now, but in the future I wouldn't mind messing around with something like you mentioned........looks functional

Old 06-09-2010, 05:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by k-alt
I noticed you hooked your Fit up Koolkev......looking into forced induction? Thats good to see someone other than me is thinking outside the box. The side mount looks awesome, but the one in the picture would need adjusting to fit the turbo so close to the intake, that is....unless you fab an intake plenum with virtually no 'runners' to lover the throttle body...opening up a shit load of space above the engine....you could probably stuff something under that hood if you think about it hard enough. I've made a total of 8 manifolds.....all are prototypes of different designs and configurations. I stuck with an enlarged log-style for now, but in the future I wouldn't mind messing around with something like you mentioned........looks functional
Did u make the prototypes for a fit turbo manifold? I'd like to see some pictures of them if you have some. Right now the manifold is going to be just a log type manifold for ease of building/install, but I do have an extra exhaust flange to mock up a side mount.

And yeah the turbo will sit kinda close to the intake plenum, but i'm actually thinking of bringing in front of the TB so i don't have to move the location. I'll get pix soon.

Old 06-09-2010, 08:11 AM
i have a few b-series turbo manifolds and a dsm aftermarket. All of them are tubular and equal length. I just need some oem manifolds to use the flange. I may even utilize the oem manifold and fit a flange/turbo on it. I do all my own welding so that won't be an issue. My biggest issue is finding time to do all this between my girlfriend, work, and college...

Quick Reply: Turbo Manifold finally produced!!!