Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Anyone INstall Fujita on an A/T!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:34 AM
5 Year Member
Anyone INstall Fujita on an A/T!!

I just helped one of our fello FitFreak members here on Long island (Wave) put in his Fujita Cold Air Intake in his '07 Honda Fit Sport A/T.

First off has anyone else done it on an A/T??

If you compare the two engine bays (I have a manual) There is so much more room in the M/T engine bay and the A/T has much less!

we will show pics of the install and the hairy areas. Just wondering if anyone has done this yet on the A/T and found same problems!

Old 06-06-2006, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
I just shot out an e-mail to FUJITA (F5Fit) Hopefully he'll be able to help out with my situation.

Last edited by Wave; 06-06-2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:18 AM
5 Year Member
well, bryan720 said that fujita will shoot the A/T version out to him as soon as it becomes available, so i guess that the CA-1924 is for the M/T generally.

Let's see what they say!

Old 06-06-2006, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member
if you check Fujita's application chart on their website, it doesn't list this intake for A/T or M/T only, so it was specified! and now that we have testomonial that it doesn't fit properly in the A/T Fujita MUST do something about it!!

Old 06-06-2006, 12:14 PM
yeah when you they get back to you there going to ask for some pixs of the problem and thats about it.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Unfortunately what we found out was that it will not fit the Automatic. We are willing to work with the people that have the automatics to fix the problem. You deserve to have a product that fits correctly. Please contact info@f5air.com so that we can help you get situated. We just finished a prototype for a short ram on the Automatics yesterday. Due to the lack of space, a cold air is very difficult.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Here are pics of hairy areas!!

1.) the intake rubs up against the transmission !
Plus i had to unbolt and bend the trans cooler line to get it in there at all!!!

2.) And it rubs up against the radiator cap!!!

i HOPe these pics help out the FIT FREAK community see why Fujita MUST give these two Guys a break on the A/T Intake package!!

I'm an ASE certified technician on long island, and this is not the type of work i like to leave a car in! And since Wave allowed me to leave it that way, I hope for his sake and mine his wiring and trans cooler line stays in good and does not fray or bur through!

Old 06-06-2006, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Hey F5Fit!,

Can't Fujita make the intake piping for the A/T CAI go down he right hand side of the coolant hose? there seems to be more room there!

I know that the angle down at the bottom will be close to 90 degrees and that's not good for flow, but maybe you can just stick the cone on at an angle and not turn the full 90. Just a suggestion.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:30 PM
When you bend aluminum, a 90 degree isn't like a straight "L" like you would hope for because of the length of the bend. I think for the A/T Fit, it is so tight with all of the lines and sensors it could be done, but done wrong. We want to offer products that fit well and perform well. Our R&D department looked at the motor and tried close to 10 different variations yesterday. Nothing would work out well aside from a short ram. Trust me, we want to make everyone happy... but safety and performance are our main goal.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
OK, I just sent another e-mail, this time to info@f5air.com , I hope we can work this out...

Originally Posted by F5fit
Unfortunately what we found out was that it will not fit the Automatic. We are willing to work with the people that have the automatics to fix the problem. You deserve to have a product that fits correctly. Please contact info@f5air.com so that we can help you get situated. We just finished a prototype for a short ram on the Automatics yesterday. Due to the lack of space, a cold air is very difficult.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
UPDATE -

Got an e-mail from FUJITA, looks like they're going to send out a fix/replacement part once it becomes available for the automatic transmission Honda Fit. I'll just have to patiently wait.

Fujita customer service is getting a big +1 from me.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
I hope it's a complete new pipe! From Throttle Body to Cone Filter!!!

It's all scratched up now!! As i'm sure is bryan720's is!!

But it's nice that they are going to do something in general, shows customers svc!

Old 06-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks for posting this thread! I own a Sport A/T and almost bought this intake. I guess I'll just wait til something that fits better comes out.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Hey Hey, we still respect Fujita!! They're doin us FItFreak'er RIght and fixin problems! SO just be patient and buy from them when they've completed ther A/T intake!

Old 06-06-2006, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fad3r
Thanks for posting this thread! I own a Sport A/T and almost bought this intake. I guess I'll just wait til something that fits better comes out.
Without a doubt, standby and wait for what FUJITA has coming out for us automatics...

Old 06-06-2006, 09:22 PM
just got done talking to fujita and they made the proto type short ram intake and r going to be sending me one soon, but are also going to be sending me a cold air one once it is avalible, a BIG A+++++++++ for customer service. will be buying another one for my DD car on my next pay cheek just cuz the customer service.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bryan720
just got done talking to fujita and they made the proto type short ram intake and r going to be sending me one soon, but are also going to be sending me a cold air one once it is avalible, a BIG A+++++++++ for customer service. will be buying another one for my DD car on my next pay cheek just cuz the customer service.
Who did you talk to over at FUJITA? Did you get a name?

I only sent an e-mail with the info they wanted(proof that I purchased it) plus my mailing address to them.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:14 PM
FUJITA ROCKS!!!!

WAve, I didnt know that youre FIT is an auto when you ordered the intake. If I knew, I wouldn't let you order.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by C2AUTOSPL
FUJITA ROCKS!!!!

WAve, I didnt know that youre FIT is an auto when you ordered the intake. If I knew, I wouldn't let you order.
Totally off topic, you guys got my PayPal for a Cusco front strut tower bar for the Honda Fit right? When will that show up?

Old 06-06-2006, 10:31 PM
sorry dint get a name.

Quick Reply: Anyone INstall Fujita on an A/T!!