Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Weapon R Intake Manifold Combination (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/60576-weapon-r-intake-manifold-combination.html)

jjboyes06 11-11-2010 07:37 PM

Weapon R Intake Manifold Combination

Hi everybody. I just got my dc sports header and I've read that if you have a header and an intake manifold in the Fit it tends to run on the lean side. Can anyone testify to that? Also, would it run lean if the combination was in a supercharged Fit? Finally, if it does run lean what could I do to counteract it?

Texas Coyote 11-11-2010 08:04 PM

I am running Megan header, down pipe, B-pipe and a custom axle back pipe with a straight through Aero Turbine muffler.... It works well on my 2007 Fit with the KWSC high boost kit... I would take a look at the condition of the spark plugs to see if they are blistering or showing other signs of a lean burn condition and if so use plugs of a colder heat range... You can also use a resister device on the .5 volt wire to the intake air sensor to get the ECU to ignore O2 sensor and stay in the open loop mode as it does before the engine warms up after start up when cold.

jjboyes06 11-12-2010 11:45 AM

Thanks Texas Coyote, you always seem to be around when I need some help. I am currently running a naturally aspirated Fit, would those tips help in that case or only if its FI? And has anyone had any experience with weapon r's intake manifold since the latest upgrade? I have heard the earlier versions had some problems.

Texas Coyote 11-12-2010 01:34 PM

Weapon R recalled and replaced all of the early defective intake manifolds at least a year ago.. If you can find one of the old ones that is screwed up and get it cheap, you can call them about it and have it replaced with the new improved one.

kylerwho 11-12-2010 03:20 PM

the weapon r are welded poorly. i have a new one and was running na and it cracked. i will be welding it back together soon and will sell it to you cheap if your interested.

their new updated manifold fixed the problems from their first gen manifold.

jjboyes06 11-12-2010 06:57 PM

Hmm I might have to hit you up on that offer once the holiday season ends and my spending slows down : ) Were you running your intake manifold with a header as well, did it seem to run lean if so?

kylerwho 11-15-2010 03:23 PM

yeah i am running a 4-1 custom header that i built. no lean conditions are occuring.

that might start changing when you look at running boosted components but under na it runs just fine.

Sugarphreak 11-16-2010 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by jjboyes06 (Post 931370)
Hi everybody. I just got my dc sports header and I've read that if you have a header and an intake manifold in the Fit it tends to run on the lean side. Can anyone testify to that? Also, would it run lean if the combination was in a supercharged Fit? Finally, if it does run lean what could I do to counteract it?

I know a thing or two about this... I actually tested the original WR prototype manifold before it came out, it ran very lean... so lean infact I had to install a Greddy E-manage Ultimate to correct it. It was also throwing a CEL for the EGR.

BUT... after a few revisions, they were able to get the EGR to be re-directed through channeling on the inside of the lower flange.

After that my F/G ratio normalized... I ran the Race header, full exhuast, a custom oversized WR intake & the WR manifold. I street-tuned the new manifold and I barely needed to touch the stock settings to get the F/G where I wanted it.

So for you it shouldn't be running that lean unless you have one of the older manifolds without the internal channeling on the lower flange.

With a supercharger you are changing up the fuel delivery anyway, so it shouldn't matter.

Hope this helps,

Cheers
-SP

jjboyes06 11-19-2010 10:30 PM

Thanks sugarphreak, maybe you or texas coyote could answer this question but say I put the weapon r intake manifold and the kwsc normal boost/intercooler in my car (look at signature for other mods), could either of you see any problems/short falls with my setup ie running lean or needing bigger injectors/fuel pump? Thanks again for everybody's input.