Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Weapon R Intake Manifold Combination

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Weapon R Intake Manifold Combination

Hi everybody. I just got my dc sports header and I've read that if you have a header and an intake manifold in the Fit it tends to run on the lean side. Can anyone testify to that? Also, would it run lean if the combination was in a supercharged Fit? Finally, if it does run lean what could I do to counteract it?

Old 11-11-2010, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
I am running Megan header, down pipe, B-pipe and a custom axle back pipe with a straight through Aero Turbine muffler.... It works well on my 2007 Fit with the KWSC high boost kit... I would take a look at the condition of the spark plugs to see if they are blistering or showing other signs of a lean burn condition and if so use plugs of a colder heat range... You can also use a resister device on the .5 volt wire to the intake air sensor to get the ECU to ignore O2 sensor and stay in the open loop mode as it does before the engine warms up after start up when cold.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks Texas Coyote, you always seem to be around when I need some help. I am currently running a naturally aspirated Fit, would those tips help in that case or only if its FI? And has anyone had any experience with weapon r's intake manifold since the latest upgrade? I have heard the earlier versions had some problems.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member
Weapon R recalled and replaced all of the early defective intake manifolds at least a year ago.. If you can find one of the old ones that is screwed up and get it cheap, you can call them about it and have it replaced with the new improved one.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:20 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
the weapon r are welded poorly. i have a new one and was running na and it cracked. i will be welding it back together soon and will sell it to you cheap if your interested.

their new updated manifold fixed the problems from their first gen manifold.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Hmm I might have to hit you up on that offer once the holiday season ends and my spending slows down : ) Were you running your intake manifold with a header as well, did it seem to run lean if so?

Old 11-15-2010, 03:23 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
yeah i am running a 4-1 custom header that i built. no lean conditions are occuring.

that might start changing when you look at running boosted components but under na it runs just fine.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:56 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jjboyes06
Hi everybody. I just got my dc sports header and I've read that if you have a header and an intake manifold in the Fit it tends to run on the lean side. Can anyone testify to that? Also, would it run lean if the combination was in a supercharged Fit? Finally, if it does run lean what could I do to counteract it?
I know a thing or two about this... I actually tested the original WR prototype manifold before it came out, it ran very lean... so lean infact I had to install a Greddy E-manage Ultimate to correct it. It was also throwing a CEL for the EGR.

BUT... after a few revisions, they were able to get the EGR to be re-directed through channeling on the inside of the lower flange.

After that my F/G ratio normalized... I ran the Race header, full exhuast, a custom oversized WR intake & the WR manifold. I street-tuned the new manifold and I barely needed to touch the stock settings to get the F/G where I wanted it.

So for you it shouldn't be running that lean unless you have one of the older manifolds without the internal channeling on the lower flange.

With a supercharger you are changing up the fuel delivery anyway, so it shouldn't matter.

Hope this helps,

Cheers
-SP

Old 11-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks sugarphreak, maybe you or texas coyote could answer this question but say I put the weapon r intake manifold and the kwsc normal boost/intercooler in my car (look at signature for other mods), could either of you see any problems/short falls with my setup ie running lean or needing bigger injectors/fuel pump? Thanks again for everybody's input.

Last edited by jjboyes06; 11-19-2010 at 10:32 PM.