Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   anybody ran their car w/out the stock muffler?? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/6099-anybody-ran-their-car-w-out-stock-muffler.html)

avosfit 06-22-2006 10:27 AM

The type of straight pipe I want to have fabricated would be a simple bolt on. That way you could exchange the stock muffler and the straight pipe in about 5-10 minutes.

leonine 06-22-2006 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by avosfit
The type of straight pipe I want to have fabricated would be a simple bolt on. That way you could exchange the stock muffler and the straight pipe in about 5-10 minutes.

Do they make universal connectors that a muffler shop would have so they did not need to cut the muffler?

gettinafit 06-22-2006 11:04 AM

u can buy a flange! I'm sure of it!

bobbied 06-22-2006 02:58 PM

Yes a complete bolt on straight pipe with the flange would be a great solution. Just unbolt your existing muffler, put in the garage or basement. Install the straight pipe with flange and reverse when wanting on little quiet :^)

dacalac 06-22-2006 03:22 PM

If I had the power I'd ban each and everyone of you running without a muffler. :P

This thread can't contain much more rice, it's already at critical levels...

wantboost 06-22-2006 03:34 PM

rice and honda in the same thread.... never lol

avosfit 06-22-2006 04:21 PM

All I have to say for the 'Rice' comment... Try it, it doesn't sound 'Rice'. It it much deeper than a fart can on the back of someones car :)

wantboost 06-22-2006 05:01 PM

ORLY?!?! so it is alright that the car puts out 125db and makes less then 100 hp. I can see a car being loud if it has to be IE. 500 whp s13 but a 100 hp fit??? but to be loud just for the sake of being loud is just dumb.... rice is rice any way you serve it.

dacalac 06-22-2006 05:35 PM

exactly. You want to be loud so you can let the world know you have a 109hp car?

avosfit 06-23-2006 09:41 PM

Don't knock it till you hear it for yourself :) What's the hurt in taking 10 min to find out what all the fuss is about?

blackgd3 06-23-2006 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by wantboost
ORLY?!?! so it is alright that the car puts out 125db and makes less then 100 hp. I can see a car being loud if it has to be IE. 500 whp s13 but a 100 hp fit??? but to be loud just for the sake of being loud is just dumb.... rice is rice any way you serve it.

Come on guys.. I don't think it's that loud to say something like that...

daviddahlb 06-23-2006 10:01 PM

If you did not replace the muffler with a straight pipe and the gases were just exhausted there, would there be problems with that? would there be any damage to the components underneath, like heat problems, or everything getting covered in exhaust gases?

07TaffetaFit 06-24-2006 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by dacalac
If I had the power I'd ban each and everyone of you running without a muffler. :P

This thread can't contain much more rice, it's already at critical levels...

You know, I tried the whole, removing the muffler thing, and I even made a couple videos which are posted here. I didnt think it was that loud or ricey at all. No way is it anywhere near 100dB. Listen to the videos before commenting next time.

As for the 'rice' comment, I would much rather take the muffler off for a nice sound than pay places like aj-racing $600+ dollars for some JDM exhaust that adds no horsepower. You know what I think rice is? Adding Japanese emission stickers, Honda Jazz emblems, or filling your dashboard with weird anime dolls to a USDM car????

_alf 06-24-2006 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
expect things to start melting inside the spare tire area.

if u like it, get a muffler shop to make u a straight pipe from there. shouldnt cost no more than 40 bucks. bring ur stock muffler with u cuz they'll need a flange.

hello hoe, i didnt know u poste dover here with your super duper powered RSX. lawlz.

blackgd3 06-24-2006 01:59 AM

[quote=_alf]then you are just being obnoxious and NOT meeting emissions standards and being cheap. while STILL gaining no horsepower.

Point is, he didn't have to spend a lot of money for the sound. If you don't like it just leave him alone. Come on guys he just did a DIY mod and he's happy about it. Don't be a jerk.:mad:

_alf 06-24-2006 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by blackgd3
Point is, he didn't have to spend a lot of money for the sound. If you don't like it just leave him alone. Come on guys he just did a DIY mod and he's happy about it. Don't be a jerk.:mad:

you prove a good point about the price, so much for little gain is just terrible. but im just the type of person that if something is going to be done, it has to be done right.

plus, police man + finding out that your running open pipe = fines$$$

so in the end you just end up paying more than u needed to.

like id suggested to my cousin, an Apexi universal N1 canister with the assistance of a muffler shop to weld the axle back would be the cheapest alternative, about $200 - $300 bux.

alf

leonine 06-24-2006 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by 07TaffetaFit
You know, I tried the whole, removing the muffler thing, and I even made a couple videos which are posted here. I didnt think it was that loud or ricey at all. No way is it anywhere near 100dB. Listen to the videos before commenting next time.

As for the 'rice' comment, I would much rather take the muffler off for a nice sound than pay places like aj-racing $600+ dollars for some JDM exhaust that adds no horsepower. You know what I think rice is? Adding Japanese emission stickers, Honda Jazz emblems, or filling your dashboard with weird anime dolls to a USDM car????

Ditto!

Although i like the aftermarket exhausts this is just another opinion/alternative.

leonine 06-24-2006 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by 07TaffetaFit

Ditto!

Although i like the aftermarket exhausts this is just another opinion/alternative.

07TaffetaFit 06-24-2006 07:10 PM

troll is gone

blackgd3 06-24-2006 08:13 PM

Hey man. don't change the topic just because you made a mistake...;)