Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Kraftwerks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 11:10 AM
J_L
5 Year Member
Kraftwerks?

Anyone know if Kraftwerks is a victim of the recession? I placed an order for a base SC two weeks ago and haven't heard a word, emails and voicemails are not returned. I'm worried that I waited to long to buy a kit...

Old 07-06-2011, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
I haven't heard anything at all like that.... All of my correspondence with them has been by phone, so you might give that a try.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:39 AM
5 Year Member
i frequent miata boards, and oscar sr has since left kraftwerks and reinstated www.jacksonracing.com...

he's really the wizard behind most of the rotrex stuff... imho, i'd follow where he went...

Old 07-07-2011, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
That's troubling to hear that news, I also noticed the skunk Honda fit no longer uses the kraftwerks sc.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by apexanimal
i frequent miata boards, and oscar sr has since left kraftwerks and reinstated www.jacksonracing.com...

he's really the wizard behind most of the rotrex stuff... imho, i'd follow where he went...
I spoke to Oscar Sr. on one occasion and to his son a time or two. They both were very professional and at the same time expressed concern and a sincere willingness to be helpful... The only frustration that I have experienced with the kit was caused by a rodent that chewed up the tiny medical grade silicone hose on the super card that came on the base kit... The same type of hose is used on nitro powered R/C model cars and airplanes so a 90 mile round trip to the closest hobby shop in this area and a couple of dollars had me going again... I would have a hard time driving another Fit that wasn't equipped with the Kraft Werks kit.... The difference in driving pleasure between it and any turbocharged car I've driven is immediately apparent.. The power and torque is felt all through the power band.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Although the product is good, I've always found it a hard time getting in contact with anyone at KW... if what apexanimal says is true, I hope OSR and OJR can clear up the situation. As far as I know KW was a joint operation with Skunk2 so maybe they're going with a brand name that is more recognizable for better sales? Still waiting on CARB for the kit here in CA so I hope nothing bad has happened for KW.

Anyways read up on the miata thread regarding OSR leaving KW - hopefully KW will still fully support their kit and try to get it CARB approved.

Last edited by Koi; 07-07-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:43 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Not sounding good but I'll keep trying to contact them and hope for the best.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:19 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Oh Yeah, Shunk2 called me today and it looks like the SC is headed out the door towards my GD3, needless to say I'm stoked...New wheels last Saturday and an SC next Saturday?

Old 07-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Great! Did you end up getting in contact with KW or did you have to talk to Skunk2? I need to buy a new drive belt for the kit but having trouble getting a hold of anyone there...

Old 07-13-2011, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
I need to get some traction oil and belt pretty soon though both are fine and don't have very many miles on them.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
thats weird I have had any problems with getting a hold of KW.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
We have to meet up sometime again. Congrats on the supercharger purchase and the new wheels.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:06 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
thats weird I have had any problems with getting a hold of KW.
Maybe it was just a blip but I sent a couple emails and voicemails before I got a call back, looks like the SC will ship on Wednesday...

Old 07-18-2011, 04:35 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Good to hear you got in contact with them. Have fun with the kit, I wouldn't be driving this car if I didn't have it.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Koi
Good to hear you got in contact with them. Have fun with the kit, I wouldn't be driving this car if I didn't have it.
Oh sure you would still be driving it if you didn't know the difference..... I do know what you mean though.... I feel the same way.... Honda could have done no better if they were to have built a special edition Fit with a Kraft Werks kit and a 6 speed gear box.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:37 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
The little badboy showed up today I'm having the local honda tuner shop install it though, read thru the instructions and it's not happening in the driveway. One more week or so to wait...

Old 07-27-2011, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
You should be able to do it if you have someone to lend you a hand... My wife helped me put mine in. We both will be drawing social security next year and I have on VA disability for 17 years... She kept me supplied with beer and wrenches I needed... It took me a while but I know where everything goes and how to get to it if there are ever any problems...

Old 08-05-2011, 10:41 PM
J_L
5 Year Member
So here's the word on the install, it's all bolted in and looks ok. The problem is the SC pulley seems too small and the belt does not engage the tensioner while running. The belt is also touching itself, KW says everything is correct and it will adjust correctly. Anyone seen this on an AT install?

Old 08-06-2011, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
My guess is that the belt isn't routed .correctly. Mine is on a manual transmission so I don't if they are the same. You might have the belt running under instead of over the plastic idle pulley between the supercharger and the crankshaft pulley... Check that out and see if that is it.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Koi
5 Year Member
Also make sure the tensioner is properly adjusted so the belt isn't loose

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks?