Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Anyone have this intake?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone have this intake?

Found it on yahoo japan via japanmart. Pricey though. Easily comes to over $300 once it makes it here. Just wondering is anyone has seen it.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Never seen that one. Kinda looks like Top Fuel version though.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
Well it does say top fuel in the picture and thats what the auction said. I like it but to pricey after all the shipping and handling.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:13 PM
I see that now that im in front of my pc instead of on my phone. All Top Fuel is expensive, but well worth it. Your call.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:48 PM
thats a kit for the gd i have seen that 1 at panda garage looks good but idk about the red

Old 07-21-2011, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe down the road but $300+ for an intake is to much for my blood. I like the red but not the crome I would paint that right away. There is also a blue one. Its also alot for not really being sure if it would fit our A/T Fit.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
you can make that at pepboys for wayyy cheaper..

Old 07-21-2011, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
^Lol. Except for the carbon fiber. I was just curious.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
Top Fuel is good stuff in my limited experience. Plus it would score you "JDM" cred. However, as others have pointed out, there are cheaper ways to gain a couple horsepower.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
you can make that at pepboys for wayyy cheaper..

This is the way to go...

Here This may help
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...am-intake.html

Old 07-21-2011, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Already did that.

This was more one of those things I came across and was curious about.

Mmmmmm jdm pep boys.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Mmmm....

Old 07-25-2011, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry I was not saying your intake is fake but was wondering if the one in the auction was legit. Sorry again.

Last edited by Manga_spawn; 07-25-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
looks like a waste of money

Old 07-25-2011, 12:44 AM
you post a thread asking if anyone have the intake, then you call them having fakes... what is the purpose of this thread anyway? damn haters.. i'm outta here...

Last edited by kodok3ribu; 07-25-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Manga_spawn
Hm that looks sweet but different from the one in the auction. There are fakes everywhere not just here. Does look very different.
It looks exactly like the photo you posted only installed versus sitting in pieces.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:54 AM
5 Year Member
Does look very different.
I disagree, it looks basically exactly like the picture you posted. Probably not the best idea to be calling people out for running knock-offs when you started a thread to ask about the part. I doubt you are ready to make some of those calls and certainly would say if you get the call wrong you are going to offend some people. I highly doubt people who spend a few hundred dollars on a part want someone accusing them of it not being a real part.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
here's a pic of my DIY intake. I don't think it really increases HP (that I know of.) Its baffelless so the air flows better, but its also wrapped in some heat wrap for space shuttles lol. The wrapping was expensive but I know for sure the intake stays cool for longevity on the track. Like the stamina is enhanced.

I didnt want to spend a ton of cash on an intake of a motor that will be replaced/ swapped out soon.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Funkster
I disagree, it looks basically exactly like the picture you posted. Probably not the best idea to be calling people out for running knock-offs when you started a thread to ask about the part. I doubt you are ready to make some of those calls and certainly would say if you get the call wrong you are going to offend some people. I highly doubt people who spend a few hundred dollars on a part want someone accusing them of it not being a real part.
Wow quess my comment got misread very easily. I ment the auction could be a fake or reproduction. The filter is different, and the one in the auction looks more crome than the one on the pic of the car. Let me just clarify I am not buying this intake I was more curious since I had not seen any pictures of it on a car. Calm down I wasn't trying to insult anyone or call them out except maybe the auction which as mentioned in posted on yahoo japan and that means even with a translation thanks to google it is hard for me to verify the part.

Also note I have already done the SSR DIY intake so I don't need one. Take a breath and calm down.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Wow quess my comment got misread very easily. I ment the auction could be a fake or reproduction. The filter is different, and the one in the auction looks more crome than the one on the pic of the car. Let me just clarify I am not buying this intake I was more curious since I had not seen any pictures of it on a car. Calm down I wasn't trying to insult anyone or call them out except maybe the auction which as mentioned in posted on yahoo japan and that means even with a translation thanks to google it is hard for me to verify the part.

Also note I have already done the SSR DIY intake so I don't need one. Take a breath and calm down.
I am far from upset. No need worry about my stress level. The filter may be different for one reason or another. However, it looks the same for me and I can literally spot no claimed differences in chrome levels. Maybe you are seeing something I don't very possible.

I also read that your had already made the SSR intake but, you still posted a thread asking about the intake. Regardless, Top Fuel is a great company with a stellar reputation. Their products are too expensive for most, myself included. Your choice of the SSR is still a good one and will do the job for now.

For what it is worth, I feel that both parts (Auction & Picture) are legitimate. The person who posted the picture of his intake took it as an insult as well, not only me. However, that doesn't mean we both didn't just misunderstand you.

No offense was taken or was meant. I just wanted to make note of the potential for offense to be taken if you were in fact questioning the validity of someone else's parts. If that wasn't the case, please disregard.

Quick Reply: Anyone have this intake?