Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Vacuum and other hoses in KWSC 10psi system

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 11:09 AM
5 Year Member
Vacuum and other hoses in KWSC 10psi system

I am installing a high boost setup in my fit and want to be sure that I am putting the vacuum and other components in correctly.

Bypass Valve - I have this installed on the 3 inch long tube on the bottom of the IC with the small vacuum fitting facing the ground. The other port on the bypass valve is going to the pipe with the air filter on it. Nothing is feeding the small vacuum port at this time.

Metal line that went directly into the side of the original intake box - This has the grey hose on the other side so I am guessing it is the vent port from the case. I have that connected to the smaller hose receiver on the pipe with the air filter on it. I don't think this is correct for some reason.

I am so confused by using the base instructions with the high boost instructions and it is just not really clear (at least to me) how this is configured. I never had the super card installed with the vacuum lines so I am just at a loss. I am afraid to start the car until I am sure my connections are correct.

Thanks for any help!

Old 06-07-2013, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
All fixed up! Got it figured out. Brian at Skunk2 and KW is awesome!

Thanks

Old 01-29-2014, 10:44 PM
I just installed a high boost kit on my at fit and now it is flashing a cel and running like crap. Think I may have hooked something up wrong? I also had hell getting the cal to work on the flashpro

Old 01-29-2014, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Did you upgrade the fuel injectors? I have a re-tune coming up with the addition of the intake manifold from WR and a test pipe.

Are you using 93+ fuel? What plugs are you using?

The owners manual should tell you what a flashing CEL means or pull the codes with the flashpro.

Likely a misfire, check plugs, and coil packs. If you upgraded the injectors, and needed adaptors double check them. Pull the codes, you should be able to narrow down to a cylinder with the misfire.

Last edited by lightyear22; 01-29-2014 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Added Info
Old 01-30-2014, 06:56 AM
Pulled the cel codes this morning. P0301, P0303, and P0300 so misfired on one , three and multiple (1 and 3?)

I am using the 310 injectors included with the kit and stock spark plugs. I am going to pick up new plugs after work and try that. Any recommendations?

Also my map is reading negative. At first it read -29.5 all the time. I reflashed and now it reads between -18 to -21.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
I am using Denso IK22 spark plugs. Were the injectors new or used? If used they are they could have set a while and clogged with fuel in them. This new gas will do it. Be sure you are using high test gas. You may want to throw some octane booster in. I run OEM Honda/Acura 410 injectors, better spray pattern than the RC's IMO and cheaper. Who did your map, or are you using the one that came on the FP? -29.5 is full vacuum that is normal at itle. Did you remove the coil packs and, or plugs during the install? I would pull the plugs and look and compare them at them. I have replaced one coil pack on my 08. Be careful with those codes as it can destroy a cat.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cte8624
Pulled the cel codes this morning. P0301, P0303, and P0300 so misfired on one , three and multiple (1 and 3?)

I am using the 310 injectors included with the kit and stock spark plugs. I am going to pick up new plugs after work and try that. Any recommendations?

Also my map is reading negative. At first it read -29.5 all the time. I reflashed and now it reads between -18 to -21.

Most likely a coil pack, 1 or more is going bad... I think mine got to much heat from my race header and no heat shield. I run the NGK BKR7E's, gap should be .028 out of the box but check and make sure, these have been the smoothest running plugs for me. You will want to change these every 10K to 12K but you're only out about $7 for the four of them...
The Denso IK22's are OK but expensive, I've run them in the past, go with the NGK's

Old 09-30-2014, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lcq4blackstar
Most likely a coil pack, 1 or more is going bad... I think mine got to much heat from my race header and no heat shield. I run the NGK BKR7E's, gap should be .028 out of the box but check and make sure, these have been the smoothest running plugs for me. You will want to change these every 10K to 12K but you're only out about $7 for the four of them...
The Denso IK22's are OK but expensive, I've run them in the past, go with the NGK's

Hey have did you end up getting ur problem fixed ?

just curious because i have been having ignition issues also trying to figure out best gap and heat range to not stress burning out coils

had new import direct coils from oreilly that worked for a week then started getting stalling and misfires now going with hitachi oem not sure what too low of a spark gap would be but hopefully new coils tomorrow fix it all