Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   KWSC on A/T @ 15psi (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/78293-kwsc-t-15psi.html)

lightyear22 06-07-2013 04:53 PM

KWSC on A/T @ 15psi

So I have my kit installed and am using RDX 410 injectors with it. So now it's time to start working on the exhaust end and I want something with nice flow and a stock sound or a low not annoying sound. Would a axle back do the job or should I go all the way from new manifold to the end? I don't know why I am getting 15psi and change from the SC, I am hoping to get that to 12psi max. I have a tranny cooler for safely and hope the internals hold up to the pressure. I am using a FlashPro to tune the fit. I have Vit from VitViper working on the tune and it is going great. I highly recommend him for your etune if needed with the flashpro. I will post pics and oher info as it happens.

TPColgett 06-07-2013 07:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
For an actual performance increase, depending on your local emissions restrictions, I would recommend the Weapon R Race Header.

Attachment 19171

Attachment 19172

You can pair that with any cat back exhaust system, or for probably 1/2 the cost got to a local muffler/exhaust shop and have them make a 2.25" exhaust to match.

0bLiViOuS 06-08-2013 02:30 PM

Ya that's odd you're getting so much boost. If you want a bit more top-end power, you can go with 2.5" piping, but I'd go with 2.25" asTyler recommends. The SC might like the extra flow of the larger piping butwould definitely effect torque. DSM might know better if the larger piping would be beneficial or not

13fit 06-08-2013 06:23 PM

Its not odd at all he's getting that much boost. It simply means his intake and exhaust are the big restriction right now.

Very common on supercharged vehicles

As for exhaust, STOCK fits benefit from exhaust upgrades
being supercharged simply DEMANDS it! unleash those ponies!
Dont be alarmed when you see under 10psi once your engine can finally breathe!

See about finding someone to do some port work as well

0bLiViOuS 06-08-2013 06:40 PM

Ya i thought the boost creep would be an issue with a turbo but not so much a SC. I was going to throw that out as a possibility but didn't want to mispeak.. internet is already full of enough misinformation and I don't want to add to that haha ;)

kylerwho 06-13-2013 04:38 AM

something doesnt add up cause the pulley is what dictates how much boost pressure he is getting. Even if you open up the exhaust and the intake it will not change the boost pressure like it would with a turbo.

I think the boost gauge must not be working properly.

any dyno charts to go along with this?

lightyear22 06-13-2013 06:46 AM

Well 90mm is the original pulley size and have dropped to a 85mm pulley. I have a 80mm pulley and am waiting to hear from Rotrex to see if the RPM and max compeller speed is not being exceeded for the unit. 15 is at the peak edge of the rev limit. My tuner is still dialing in the 85mm and right now an am very happy with 5psi at 3k! With the flash pro you can do whatever you want, including throwing way too much boost to a 1.5, but it is fun as hell!

Bigaizsosexy 06-13-2013 02:45 PM

Bump for nice setup

loudbang 06-14-2013 12:58 AM

For sure the increase in boost pressure it due to the speed the supercharger is running not exhaust size unlike turbos.

jonweir 06-14-2013 08:57 AM

Do us all a favour and don't ditch the cat. A high flow cat won't restrict power more than 1-2%. Its not worth it.

Decreased exhaust back pressure will certainly increase performance a from supercharged engine.
As far as measuring more boost than expected, its possible that poor cylinder filling could increase the manifold pressure higher than what the s/c is producing. A higher flow exhaust will increase head flow and improve cylinder filling during intake/exhaust valve overlap. You may see lower manifold pressure as a result.

loudbang 06-15-2013 04:59 AM

AH ... the combustion chamber pressure and manifold pressure are EQUAL until the intake valve closes.

dewthedew 06-15-2013 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by kylerwho (Post 1186946)
something doesnt add up cause the pulley is what dictates how much boost pressure he is getting. Even if you open up the exhaust and the intake it will not change the boost pressure like it would with a turbo.

I think the boost gauge must not be working properly.

any dyno charts to go along with this?

:werd: something aint right I was never able to hit higher than 11psi

lightyear22 06-15-2013 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by dewthedew (Post 1187336)

I will take a screen shot of my data logs at 6800 rpm from the FlashPro. I am maxing out the stock bar sensor, so I am waiting on a new one, and a aem boost gauge. I just did some new 3rd gear pulls and waiting hear back from the tuner and to see if I am going to just sell the 80mm pulley or use it. On my data logs the Boost flat lines with RPM still left at just about 1.6 bar which makes sense with the stock sensor. I think it will read from 1.5-1.8 bar which is around 10-11psi.

lightyear22 06-15-2013 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by dewthedew (Post 1187336)

You have to change the pulley size to get more boost from the TC. I am waiting to hear from rotrex to be sure I don't exceed the capacity of the c15-60 with a 80mm pulley. The KWHB stock pulley is 90mm and I am running a 85mm. I think the A/T pulley was 100mm. I am joining this scene real late as these systems have come and gone. I will be getting on a dyno after I am dialed in with my exhaust and get my gauges in. I really don't want my boost above 12 with the stock internals and the stock A/T.

The best part is that it can be tuned, so a HB system can do a lot better than the KW flash. KW was smart to be safe with the tune, but some horses are hidden in there that can be safely released on this 1.5

kylerwho 06-15-2013 10:40 PM

how are you getting 15psi from the supercharger if you are reading 1.8bar max?

1.8 bar means 12psi out of the supercharger.

lcq4blackstar 11-19-2013 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by kylerwho (Post 1187418)
how are you getting 15psi from the supercharger if you are reading 1.8bar max?

1.8 bar means 12psi out of the supercharger.

He's talking about the stock sensors max reading... His 15psi reading would be off of a boost gauge.

From EVERYTHING I come across the stock MAP sensor will only read up to 11psi, after that it is unreliable and will fail sooner or later.

Here is what Hondata states: Tech - 3 Bar MAP Install

Here is a plug-n-play 4bar option for the GD3 from Hondata: 4 BAR MAP Sensor
at $99 bucks it probably the best option. Also if you're running The Hondata flash-pro, this MAP sensor is already inserted in the options so truly it is plug-n-play!

Here is something I came across from one of my old posts back when I was looking into upgrading the map sensor.

"Now having found that info, if you load your map in flashpro manager and go to calibration window - sensors - you will see the map sensor options listed. Stock map sensor here is listed at 1.7 bar with a max of 10psi still listed (1.7 bar = 24.6564 PSI)

Here is the break down for total pressure the stock map sensor can handle: 1.7 bar MAP sensor (stock Honda sensor): (1.7 - 1) * 14.5 = 10.15 psi

So going off of that calculation even tho some of the info I came across states 1 bar while 1.7 is listed in flashpro manager, the max psi the sensor will read is 10psi." -Matt

For the OP, please read up on that second link I posted. I think you're stuck with the stock MAP sensor because you have an automatic transmission.

mikeGe82012 01-23-2014 09:15 PM

Where can I buy a kwsc kit for my Ge8 and does it fit a 2012 fit sport auto tranny??

Hootie 01-23-2014 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by mikeGe82012 (Post 1220460)
Where can I buy a kwsc kit for my Ge8 and does it fit a 2012 fit sport auto tranny??

You can't.

If you're wanting boost, look at Sprintex.

lightyear22 01-24-2014 03:56 AM

actually you could, but...

You would have to make all custom brackets, piping, and find a way to tune it. If you are good with CAD and have access to a CNC machine, go for it. I'm sure you would have some buyers.

JR and KW put a lot of R&D into the Fits and that cost money. You would definitely spend more than you can make now with the 2015 being introduced.

lightyear22 05-21-2014 10:26 AM

Well I'm starting to have tranny issues even with the additional cooler installed. My pulls are showing a dip that is consistent with a torque converter issue in the datalogs. Checking tranny fluid today along with leaks. If the tranny breaks its k20 time!