Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Honda fit 2007 Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 03:48 AM
Honda fit 2007 Mod

hi guyss..i just got my 2007 fit yesterday....i really want to mod this car...but i have no idea where to start......any suggestions??like...should i cahnge the exhaust first??then change intake???? etc........i would like to hear your sugesstions.....thankyou

Old 11-23-2006, 05:18 AM
5 Year Member
May I suggest upgrading the suspension and tires, then work on the engine afterwards.

Just saw that you are from BC as well, looks like a handfull of us are on FF nowadays.

What color and model did you get?

Old 11-23-2006, 06:09 AM
yea....tru dat....upgrade your rolling stock 1st bro....and if u got $$ to burn go for performance then your exterior looks.up to you man.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by carbon-vtec
yea....tru dat....upgrade your rolling stock 1st bro....and if u got $$ to burn go for performance then your exterior looks.up to you man.
hmm maybe you should of bought a civic or something besides an fuel economy car with low power plant.been money ahead
kids.............

Old 11-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
i went for the exterior looks first. now i plan on suspension then performance. do whatever you are comfortable with, it is your car after all.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Old 11-23-2006, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitfit123
hi guyss..i just got my 2007 fit yesterday....i really want to mod this car...but i have no idea where to start......any suggestions??like...should i cahnge the exhaust first??then change intake???? etc........i would like to hear your sugesstions.....thankyou
It depends on what you want.

Will this FIT be for street use only, for the track, a showcar, or for autocross?

Do you mind a bumpy ride and are your roads in poor condition?- usually lowering your car will reduce ride comfort and smoothness and increase road noise. Lots of potholes make for easy damage to your rims tires and suspension if you are not very careful.

Do you really need that much more power? If so then cold air intake and cat-back exhaust are good places to begin looking. Careful about exhaust noise- just make sure you get what you can live with- some are louder without adding much more power, some can drone or make more noise at a constant highway speed.

Do you want to improve handling- so you can corner with less body lean?
Then look at suspension upgrades from lowering springs to shocks to coilovers. Some shocks or coilovers are adjustable for firmness or ride height.

Upgrading tires is easy and function as part of your suspension. A more aggressive size that still fits without rubbing but with softer rubber would increase performance. Email or talk to Jim@tirerack.com for ideas. If you have mild weather you can look at Max or Ultra High Performance Summer tires. If you have some wet weather and light snow you can look at Ultra High performance All season tires.

Check out other FIT owners for more ideas and go for a ride when possible.

Old 11-23-2006, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
just look the the forums and you will find everything you need...

Old 11-23-2006, 02:52 PM
5 Year Member
Perhaps you should start by letting us know what model variant FiT you have; LX, Sports?

If you don't have a Sports model, changing to a set of alloy wheels and better tires should be your priority.

Next thing I would suggest is to improve on your suspension/brakes, then lastly cosmetic items. It all depends on your personal wants/needs and how much money you have set aside to mod your FiT. Remember, it's your car and your money.

Good luck.

Old 11-23-2006, 04:09 PM
If you're in the lower mainland, you might want to come out to the meet we're having either Saturday night or Sunday. That way you can see what kind of mods others have done to their cars.

Check out the BC forum.

Old 11-23-2006, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
why dont you drive it around more to see what you think your car needs.

Old 11-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Wave
They sucked tho j/k

If you're in the lower mainland, you might want to come out to the meet we're having either Saturday night or Sunday. That way you can see what kind of mods others have done to their cars.

Check out the BC forum.
Argh...... damn..... my car is still at the bodyshop

Old 11-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Former Vendor
If you want to make the car ahndle better, then consider about suspension or springs or brace the car up,

Think the car is too slow ? Then you should think about I/H/E (Intake / Header / Exhaust)

Thanks
Ben

Old 12-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by v1_nce
why dont you drive it around more to see what you think your car needs.

Exactly, Learn about your car and what's available for it. Then start planning what you want to do. You may not like jumping right into i/h/e then realize that the car isn't a sports car. Find out what improvements you want to make based on what you think should be improved for you specific driving situations.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:22 PM
[quote=AJ PwR Jr.;104516]They sucked tho j/k

More like, they blow.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:34 AM
Start with a K20 + turbo

Old 02-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by fitfit123
Hey. Go with suspension first. Engine wise, from the factory the stock exhaust is big enough to flow a header w/o any problems. The Fit motor is very well designed. Get a K&N drop in filter and a header (header is where you will gain the most HP), also saves you cash.
Suspension wise... the Fit holds .80 G's on the skidpad w/ stock suspension and tires. Search for the Car and Driver article. It has a faster lane change speed than a C6 corvette. That is pretty sweet.

My suggestion would be to get some Azenis 615s and learn how to drive it on the track w/ the stock suspension, tires will make the most difference.

My reasoning... for novice drivers, a car w/ too advanced of a suspension would be a waste of money because you would not have enough experience to properly use it to its limits. For example, driving w/ an upgraded sway bar and not being able to handle the increased oversteer.

If you feel the need to upgrade something and want to spend some money, get the T1R full suspension setup.
T1R setup... A&J Racing :: Suspension & Brakes :: Fit/Jazz (GD3/4) :: T1R B-max Damper - Honda Fit 07-up GD3
If you are not into the road course racing scene than just get some lowering springs, wheels and tires. T1R springs.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:56 PM
all i got is filter, exhaust and rim/tires and im happy wiht it for now

added a lil more "looks" to it and the slight increase in power/fuel economy was nice.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:50 PM
That is pretty sweet! I want to do something to my Fit, probably just a K&N filter for now. I spend all my money on my track car

Old 02-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
[quote=daviddahlb;108805]
Originally Posted by AJ PwR Jr.
They sucked tho j/k

More like, they blow.

who are you refering to??

Quick Reply: Honda fit 2007 Mod