Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

ground effects

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:21 AM
ground effects

I love every part of my fit sport auto ---except --- the ground effects sports mounling that runs around the entire lower portion of the car. It serves no purpose other than scraping on parking blocks and steep driveways and gutters. At least thats my opinion. Has anyone taken it off and found a way to fill in the holes left behind???

I know I paid for it but with the "hard to find" nature of this car you "take what you can get" and fix it later.

Any advice or help on this..

Old 12-20-2006, 02:09 PM
my advice to you is stop scraping on parking blocks steep driveways and gutters.
it's not the car it's the driver

Last edited by quangalang; 12-20-2006 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
I never scrape it, even on parking blocks, but that might be luck. i do notice the bodykit has barely enough clearance. But usualy cuz the car is short, I also tend to park such that none of the car is above those parking blocks.

The only time I scrape is if I go up or downhill that is too steep, like entering a badly designed garage entrance. The aero bodykit is made of rubber, so the most scraping it, you lose the paint.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
am lowered and have no scrapage just learn to get better angles on driveways and do not park all the way up in a parking spot

Old 12-20-2006, 03:11 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
my ride is lowered to...the only time it scrapes is if i dont go the right angle out of a drive way... other than that no scrapes...the purpose for the grounds was for the looks of course...is this your first time driving a vehicle with ground effects??? The driver to is really responsible for the cars well being so you know that it has ground effects so you must be careful at all time...there are some high curbs and if i am not careful BAM!!!!! drive safe

Old 12-20-2006, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
I too would like to take off the ground effects stuff on our MT Sport. I don't like how it looks or the lack of clearance -- I bought the Sport for the other equipment I wanted. Rather than tell us why it's not a problem, could someone tell us how to take it off w/o leaving ugly holes or whatever?

Old 12-20-2006, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member
I got the LX Fit so that I could choose whatever style of sideskirt I wanted to attach later on. I think it looks pretty sweet to see your ride so connected to the road. Just not cool to scrape it off everywhere. There's an idea for you petro, just keep scraping it until there's nothing left, and you won't even have to fill in those holes!

Old 12-21-2006, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 87wagon
I too would like to take off the ground effects stuff on our MT Sport. I don't like how it looks or the lack of clearance -- I bought the Sport for the other equipment I wanted. Rather than tell us why it's not a problem, could someone tell us how to take it off w/o leaving ugly holes or whatever?
Realistically, you're not going to get it off w/o leaving holes unless you plan on doing some bodywork to fill them in. You need to ask yourself if it's really worth it.

Last edited by Chikubi; 12-21-2006 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:08 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 87wagon
should have gotten the base...like he said body work needs to be done to fill the holes...

Old 12-22-2006, 03:01 PM
I guess I'm stuck, bought the sport because of everything else that came with it and, like all of you other FIT ownwers, the pickens are far and few between on choice of car...I was only offered one car in 3 months and i said I would take any....

It is true that I don't often scrape it because I am used to the lowness of the car, my ohter is an MR2 spyder, equally as low if not lower.

I just don't like the looks of the "effects", looks low-riderish and I should be 40 years younger to look right while driving this machine.

but thats just how I feel, I'm sure others are perfectly happy with the looks, more power to 'ya Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone