Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Front plate relocator

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Question Front plate relocator

Indiana doesn't require front license plates, so my dealer didn't install one but I've been thinking about adding a vanity plate to the front. I have the hardware & plateholder. Is there a way to install it without drilling holes in my front bumper?

I'm assuming NOT, so my next question is... where can I get one of those license plate relocators? I've read passwordJDM is good, but nothing showed up on their website for the Fit. Does a relocator from another car work for the Fit as well?

Finally... if I do manage to find one, how is it installed?
Anyone done a write-up?

Thanks.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:41 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
ebay has them

Old 06-02-2007, 05:02 PM
look in passwordjdm's "accessories" section. it's in there. just got and installed mine. the ebay one i bought was cheap and flimsy. though the passwordjdm's relocator was much more, it is solid.

install (how i did it):
1. hand screwed license plate on relocator bracket before installing kit comes with long and short screws, use the short ones, they are short so they won't touch the bumper).
2. placed relocator bracket against underside of radiator opening (on bumper), this gave me an idea of where i wanted to actually place the plate.
3. made sharpie marks on bumper of where to drill holes (i wanted the plate to NOT touch the bumper for obvious reasons, but needed to make sure i wasn't too close to the edge of the bumper.
4. took off bumper (search on how to do this)
5. 1/4" holes drilled--take your time, you are drilling your bumper.
6. tighten down license plate to bracket (you won't be able to tighten after install)
7. bolt on relocator bracket to bumper with backing plate included w/kit and tighten.
8. re-install bumper.

one thing i would change is to make the heads of the bracket bolts black. the bolts are silver, and unless you laid on your back on the ground and looked up, you'd never see them, i'd still like them the color of the bracket.

some pics, lowered quality as much as possible:

Last edited by arsonall; 06-02-2007 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added install
Old 06-02-2007, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
NIIICE!!! another fit w/ the password:jdm license plate relocator! Looks like minez!

Old 06-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Smile Thanks guys

Thanks for the instuctions Arsonall. That close up shot helps tremendously.
I did finally manage to find it on the JDM website for $50.
If anyone else is interested... CLICK HERE

I found a couple on eBay too for around $10. One even had a picture, but it did look a bit less robust than the JDM part. I don't think it came with a backing plate either. You get what you pay for I suppose.

Cool pics Kevin.